15min notification is too short, change my mind.

Azurrel

To give players a 15min notice before an update/patch is too short of a time period. Most things in this game takes more than 15min such as taming so why give such a short notice that most people are unable to finish their current project? Not to mention when there is an actual update if you're playing on Win10 you'll be stuck offline for a day as Microsoft verifies the update itself.

43 minutes ago, Azurrel said:

To give players a 15min notice before an update/patch is too short of a time period. Most things in this game takes more than 15min such as taming so why give such a short notice that most people are unable to finish their current project? Not to mention when there is an actual update if you're playing on Win10 you'll be stuck offline for a day as Microsoft verifies the update itself.

Why do u need to finish your tame? Just stand next to it. Let the server go down. Log in after it is back and done. Nothing special.

Im playing w10 and never had the experience that windows verify the update?

The worst thing about they updating is, when the server dont come online. You are raising a baby? Normally not a problem while update. But if the server go down for hours, and come back online in the middle of the night, then u are raptored

8 minutes ago, Introser said:

Why do u need to finish your tame? Just stand next to it. Let the server go down. Log in after it is back and done. Nothing special.

Im playing w10 and never had the experience that windows verify the update?

The worst thing about they updating is, when the server dont come online. You are raising a baby? Normally not a problem while update. But if the server go down for hours, and come back online in the middle of the night, then u are raptored

If a see a server going down message all babies are going into cryopods. Dont take any chances imo.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

Until these last 2 events, WC has been very good about Tuesday being patch day. It was predictable. Not exact time, but you knew not to do anything important on Tuesdays.

I'm sorry, I just don't believe that to be true.

For a long time we were getting updates consistently on Tuesdays, and for a long time it seems like we were getting updates almost every tuesday with decent attempts at bug fixes, and then Valguero was released and they patched a few things on Valguero and that was that.  The updates have been fewer and far between since Valguero, and in addition to that, they stopped making them on Tuesdays.  It's become very obvious since Valguero's release that their attention is now focused on Genesis.

I remember the update where they made the snow owl changes and they listed each change individually and that was almost the entirety of the patch notes... so one guy worked on Snow Owls and you guys made the patch notes look bigger or... ?

I didn't document every single update that came down, but that is how I remember it.

you may disagree but all you have to do is be online when that dreaded message pops up saying servers will be coming down for maint. and they watch everyone panic, spam chat with messages of dread because they all know theres a real likely hood theres going to be problems. I barely got all my dino's I was raising in cryo. if I hadn't already be conditioned by their incompetence this patch would have cost me 10 giga's, several wyverns and a few other dinos

More notice on updates!!

I don't think giving a notice in-game of 15 minutes is enough time for players to prepare for the servers going down.

A) If you've just gone in to a boss fight and that pops up its RIP all your dinos and gear unless you can finish it fast enough.

B) If you're rasing and haven't got enough cryos on hand to pod them all RIP again.

I think a message in the Ark news section as you login saying there will be an update, even with only an estimated time, 12-24 hours before update happens so players can plan around this. AND a 30 minute notice in game so any preperations can be made. I'm coing from a PVE point of view I'm sure any PVP players will have something to weigh in with raiding too.

I mean here's the more important question.   Why can't they announce the updates ahead of time? 

I understand that occasionally something breaks on a server that requires maintenance and there's nothing that can be done there.  I get that.  

But when its a regular update they should be able to give notice even a day in advance even if they have to delay that update.  There are very few updates that have come down that have been crucial updates and lets be honest, their security updates are already too late to help the people who have already lost stuff anyways.

Archived