PC (PvE) Players: What breaks this game for you?

Rio4201

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

From a long time ex PVE player. 

Without “any” danger from other players. PVE ends up boring as hell. ORP on PVE is a joke. 

Before ORP you had to build an actual base. Not so much to keep out the wilds but to keep the wilds from being kited by other players. 

Now it’s a snooze fest. Which I guess a lot of people like for some reason. Might as well play single player if you don’t want any danger. 

In other words - stuff that a lot of people like is a joke and everyone should be bored at the same rate and for same reasons as you.

It's all just personal preference and "I don't like it, hence it's a joke" is not a valid argument.

35 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

From a long time ex PVE player. 

Without “any” danger from other players. PVE ends up boring as hell. ORP on PVE is a joke. 

Before ORP you had to build an actual base. Not so much to keep out the wilds but to keep the wilds from being kited by other players. 

Now it’s a snooze fest. Which I guess a lot of people like for some reason. Might as well play single player if you don’t want any danger. 

Speaking also as a long term PvE Player, yes make the game more dangerous but please only when I am actually online and playing. I like having a life. 

@GaretI was just addressing some people that said and keep saying that breeding ruined the difficulty. The point is that someone who want's hard bossfights on official doesn't have to use the OP lines from others. He can simply tame for a while, combine stats and breed himself until he has a line who can defeat alpha bosses. 

That actually sounds like a good adventure. So why do those people not do it?

@Joebl0w13you as a moderator think that luring wild dinos to others WHILE they are offline is a fun thing in PVE and adds that touch that is missing?

As I said before, only griefers would enjoy no ORP and the only people you could grief are small/new tribes unless you lure titans to the big bases. 

Instead of griefing people while they are offline, why not play PVP where you can actually grief or foundation wipe people? Is the answer maybe because those people could retaliate easily?

You play inside a big metal base and grief everyone on PVE who has not set up a fences, behe gates or a huge base to protect their tames while they are working or sleeping? Why not do that on PVP, where people have every possibility to grief you? Is it because you don't like to be an easy target? 

It's easy to protect yourself even without ORP, IF you have the resources for it. People who do not have the resources will suffer because griefers will have the time of their life without ORP.

13 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

Now this is interesting. If this is correct I'm really curious now how they managed to achieve that.

I believe the mechanic over this is that each time you harvest stuff the data is sent to server on each item harvested. And that data used to be sent in real time and not every few seconds like its done now. And higher rate, more data is sent back and forth thus increasing communication delay. 

18 hours ago, Garet said:

They run 2x rates almost every weekend (until an event starts and now they apparently just raptor everyone over on taming.)  It's fine.

You do know that we are actually running on 2x rate normally now a days? And 4x on weekends. Back at early access harvesting too much berrier etc with one action had a high change of crashing the server.

2 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@GaretI was just addressing some people that said and keep saying that breeding ruined the difficulty. The point is that someone who want's hard bossfights on official doesn't have to use the OP lines from others. He can simply tame for a while, combine stats and breed himself until he has a line who can defeat alpha bosses. 

That actually sounds like a good adventure. So why do those people not do it?

@Joebl0w13you as a moderator think that luring wild dinos to others WHILE they are offline is a fun thing in PVE and adds that touch that is missing?

As I said before, only griefers would enjoy no ORP and the only people you could grief are small/new tribes unless you lure titans to the big bases. 

Instead of griefing people while they are offline, why not play PVP where you can actually grief or foundation wipe people? Is the answer maybe because those people could retaliate easily?

You play inside a big metal base and grief everyone on PVE who has not set up a fences, behe gates or a huge base to protect their tames while they are working or sleeping? Why not do that on PVP, where people have every possibility to grief you? Is it because you don't like to be an easy target? 

It's easy to protect yourself even without ORP, IF you have the resources for it. People who do not have the resources will suffer because griefers will have the time of their life without ORP.

You think your helpless in PVE?? Anyone can retaliate at anytime .orp stops that guy who's base that just got wiped by some troll that lured a giga to his base he now can't do crap... with orp/support he has no option to take vengeance against his enemies...he has to write a support ticket poop. wait he never recorded the incident ..sucks to be him.... This is why I play legacy ??? it's a survival game...even in PVE you have enemies.. official sure has gave out alot of diapers since they opened the new servers...it just takes the survival out of the game for me if I leave my dino at a obby a dilo should eat it if not on neutral and if a giga gets in my base via rendered into or falls in or has been lead in I should be prepared already and have defences set up... because there,s  literally things trying to eat me out side my walls this isn't single player I cant pause the game...

without the fear of attack were just playing a dino mating/breeding/trading simulator...no real environmental threats besides the occasional disconnect/server restart 

2 hours ago, Luewen said:

You do know that we are actually running on 2x rate normally now a days? And 4x on weekends. Back at early access harvesting too much berrier etc with one action had a high change of crashing the server.

No, I don't know that because it isn't true.  Yes the rates were half what they are now in early access, but the rates were changed and we now know them as 1x.  Stop pretending they're something else.

Regardless, your point is irrelevant, because I was talking about current rates.  2x is consistently used on the weekends and it works fine.  4x worked fine the few times they used it.  Nobody likes the rates or they wouldn't boost them during events and we wouldn't have unofficial boosted servers.  They need to stop wasting people's time for the sake of wasting people's time.

1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

You think your helpless in PVE?? Anyone can retaliate at anytime .orp stops that guy who's base that just got wiped by some troll that lured a giga to his base he now can't do crap... with orp/support he has no option to take vengeance against his enemies...he has to write a support ticket poop. wait he never recorded the incident ..sucks to be him.... This is why I play legacy ??? it's a survival game...even in PVE you have enemies.. official sure has gave out alot of diapers since they opened the new servers...it just takes the survival out of the game for me if I leave my dino at a obby a dilo should eat it if not on neutral and if a giga gets in my base via rendered into or falls in or has been lead in I should be prepared already and have defences set up... because there,s  literally things trying to eat me out side my walls this isn't single player I cant pause the game...

without the fear of attack were just playing a dino mating/breeding/trading simulator...no real environmental threats besides the occasional disconnect/server restart 

Yeah.  We get it.  You play Legacy.  You don't have to repeat it every 5/6 of your posts.

Just now, Garet said:

No, I don't know that because it isn't true.  Yes the rates were half what they are now in early access, but the rates were changed and we now know them as 1x.  Stop pretending they're something else.

Regardless, your point is irrelevant, because I was talking about current rates.  2x is consistently used on the weekends and it works fine.  4x worked fine the few times they used it.  Nobody likes the rates or they wouldn't boost them during events and we wouldn't have unofficial boosted servers.  They need to stop wasting people's time for the sake of wasting people's time.

Yeah.  We get it.  You play Legacy.  You don't have to repeat it every 5/6 of your posts.

ahh but I do because most of the post I read are compliants/crying to wildcard on stuff that could have been prevented if they wouldn't hold peoples hand to play a survival game . I will mention legacy in every post if I can because Wildcard needs to see that game can be played without support and that money could be saved and used for bug fixes.dont hate bro im enjoying my game while you do not ...and im enjoying it without support or any free diapers they handed out few yrs ago 

1 minute ago, Lycan187u said:

ahh but I do because most of the post I read are compliants/crying to wildcard on stuff that could have been prevented if they wouldn't hold peoples hand to play a survival game . I will mention legacy in every post if I can because Wildcard needs to see that game can be played without support and that money could be saved and used for bug fixes.dont hate bro im enjoying my game while you do not ...and im enjoying it without support or any free diapers they handed out few yrs ago 

WC doesn't give a poop about these forums and its old.  Legacy is unsupported.  Period.  Get over it. 

3 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

im over it 100% but seems your still lil hurt its ok I give u forums hugs bud you will be ok :)? trolling the forums will not help you either...because we don't give a :poop: aswell 

Why am I hurt over a system I was never a part of?   I never played Legacy and I never would.  Smart people don't go start a game on a doomed platform.  I guess your definition of troll is someone who doesn't support your opinion or want to listen to you repeat yourself in every single post.  That's fine.  I don't care.

As you've pointed out over and over again, you don't do things the same on Legacy (even hinted at cheating more than once).  So you're effectively announcing that your opinion is invalid to 90% of the people who play the game.

Just now, Garet said:

Why am I hurt over a system I was never a part of?   I never played Legacy and I never would.  Smart people don't go start a game on a doomed platform.  I guess your definition of troll is someone who doesn't support your opinion or want to listen to you repeat yourself in every single post.  That's fine.  I don't care.

you should actually join try out the cluster ;) less pillaring/toxicness in the community .you don't like what I type don't read my post easy as that ;)until then legacy lives matter and raptor jesus still loves you.smart people enjoy the games they play ;) if not we wouldn't bother playing them or crying about the game in the forums because its literally a game.now can we stay on topic ?

1 minute ago, Lycan187u said:

you should actually join try out the cluster ;) less pillaring/toxicness in the community .you don't like what I type don't read my post easy as that ;)until then legacy lives matter and raptor jesus still loves you.smart people enjoy the games they play ;) if not we wouldn't bother playing them or crying about the game in the forums because its literally a game.now can we stay on topic ?

That's easy enough.  I don't play the game anymore.

I honestly think most people have their own unique perspective of what PvE means, and let's be honest with one another. PvE is in fact player versus environment, however that has many potential ways of being experienced. I'm a breeder, that's what I like doing, but I wouldn't play Ark if there wasn't an element of risk which is what keeps things interesting.  When I go out to tame something, mostly event dinos or things I need to start a new line, i go out knowing there's a good chance i'm gonna get eaten, my tame is gonna get eaten, or Ark is gonna Ark me lovingly the whole time I'm out there.  I have pvp'ed in numerous titles, numerous game types, for years.  I find that gaming and pvp just aren't something I enjoy anymore, it's been exploit after exploit, aimbot after aimbot, wallers, ghosters, hackers, and I just find it annoying and no fun at all.  

My perspective on Ark, at least for me, is one of a time sink. It's much like playing Farmville on Facebook, I log in, feed my critters, breed a few, hatch a few eggs, farm some materials, build something, etc etc. However, when I do want to have an adventure, the stage is set, you just need to climb up on it and play. There are caves, boss arenas, dinos to tame, artifacts to get, drops to do on extinction, and other things that are actually fun to do rather than sit in a base all day looking for that coveted max stat dodo to dominate the boss arena with.  In truth, I get most of my enjoyment from the friends I play the game with, we trade with eachother,  hang out on Discord and chat, and find things to do as a group to keep it interesting. 

Genesis however, is introducing a new aspect to Ark, daily quests/missions, instancing, and a whole new approach to freshen the game up. I could see myself moving back into scripting and writing quest lines again professionally for the studio, I could see level designs for underground ruins, mayan temples, ancient tech caves etc. The community sent a call out to the community for fresh content, for something new and different, and I think this has a potential to at least partially answer that call.  

Now, that being said, if they want to take things a step forward, I'd say approach things with first addressing the fixes that the game sorely needs, the things that are seriously broken, and then look into expanding on things, I could see a new obelisk added to all maps, the purple obelisk, which would act as a network hub for an auction system where you could sell gear, items, dinos, resources either through the community server, or even networked to other servers.  I could see improvements made in gameplay with more cycled events that happen off holiday schedules,  times of high predator population, variations in dino spawns.  i could see a better chat system, and definitely a better alliance/tribe permissions system; I can only speak for myself on this, but I really find it annoying I have to hand out pins to my gates for my allies all the time, it'd be easier if I could just allow alliance access through a checkbox.  But then again, I'm one man with only one perspective, and what I may want to see, others may not. 

Simply putting it, Ark is what you choose to make it, if you the player want to see something else, let your voice be heard and hope someone listens like everyone else.

20 hours ago, Garet said:

Except its as true as it can be. Normal rates now are 2x. 
And i havent played in legacy since game went out of early access.

9 hours ago, Luewen said:

Except its as true as it can be. Normal rates now are 2x. 
And i havent played in legacy since game went out of early access.

So when someone asks you "Hey dude, do you know if the x2 event is already on?" you respond with "IT'S NOT x2 IT'S ACTUALY x4, please educate yourself about our humble ark history, when developers were testing rates and decided they need to pump the numbers up!!!"

On 12/5/2019 at 4:28 PM, SpCowboy said:

What is really breaking the last few survival experience on this game is this endless mutation system.

I mean the real survival experience, now u can see a new player receiving gifted dinos with crazy stats..... and afther three days they are offering you to trade colored dinos, op stats, etc... nowdays is more trade simulator... 

It is not mutation system's fault, but people giving away too much free stuff. Instead of teaching newbies how to play they teach them how to beg.

Without mutations(or with mutations really capped at 20/20) your neighbor, who started to build his thatch hut this morning will still offer you to trade top end-game dinos tomorrow. Only difference is that top would be lower than what current system allows. Apart from that, they would still have max possible stuff with zero effort. Mutation system is not the one to blame here.

27 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

It is not mutation system's fault, but people giving away too much free stuff. Instead of teaching newbies how to play they teach them how to beg.

Without mutations(or with mutations really capped at 20/20) your neighbor, who started to build his thatch hut this morning will still offer you to trade top end-game dinos tomorrow. Only difference is that top would be lower than what current system allows. Apart from that, they would still have max possible stuff with zero effort. Mutation system is not the one to blame here.

Not really true.  Started a month ago, was given wyverns and we still didn't start running caverns yet. Make a base, setup a kibble system, settings up breeding rooms, vaults, industrial forge, cooker, .. take times and lots of grinding mats. We just started breeding baronyx to run caverns and it takes a full week at 1x if you want to do all of the imprints (we cryo babies when offline)

We also breeded very good anko' since metal ingots seems to be the currency. ( we tamed a level 150 on herbo island and a level 145). With the imprints those ankos are beasts, we put all point in movement speed and weight. So far we bought a beaver and several wyverns with ingots.

We want to do the taming achievements and notes achievements on official servers. Look like this is going to take a full year.

With ingots, we hope to be able to buy some already breeded and mutated tek rex to try some boss in gamma.

1 hour ago, deedoubleu said:

If new players decide to spoil themself is not my concern, is a personal desition, but endless mutaton really need to be capped that will makes breeders focus again in tamming to get higher afther tame stats

4 minutes ago, SpCowboy said:

If new players decide to spoil themself is not my concern, is a personal desition, but endless mutaton really need to be capped that will makes breeders focus again in tamming to get higher afther tame stats

Why would it be any different? Tame until you get something with 50 in desired stat, start mutation project from there. Give everything away for free to anyone who ask and to some who don't.

It would be exactly the same, just with lower cap for single stat.

Archived