PC (PvE) Players: What breaks this game for you?

Rio4201

This morning I sat here with my coffee thinking about a few different ways to approach this subject, a more constructive, less abrasive approach seemed more helpful than anything. I'll start out with the last few things fresh in my memory over the last 2 weeks.

1. Characters being deleted on transfers.

This is huge for me, and it happens a lot more often than Wildcard would admit to.

2. Trough Bug.

I got up this morning, logged in on my Val server, and found all 6 of my 605 gigas (Adolescent) had starved to death overnight. After all that freakin' time, meat run after meat run after meat run, imprint after imprint, my time was basically p*ssed away by a bug. The troughs were all 80% full still, they just. stopped. EATING.  That is by far the most aggravating thing ever, I didn't spend all the time I did raising just to have a bug kill my effort, its unacceptable, infuriating and just makes me not want to play.

3. Loot drops.

It took me nearly 3 months to finally get a rex saddle bp, and it's almost ridiculous when you go up to a red drop or red loot chest and you get a F@#$'ing GPS or primitive hatchet. Are you serious? 

4. The current version of 1x .

I sincerely hope they move to make the current 2x rate as the regular rate, the game runs much more smoothly, it's much more fun for everyone a it really has  promoted activity. 

5. The painting system.

Currently completely broken.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

3. Loot drops.

It took me nearly 3 months to finally get a rex saddle bp, and it's almost ridiculous when you go up to a red drop or red loot chest and you get a F@#$'ing GPS or primitive hatchet. Are you serious? 

Yeah. This. It really needs an overhaul or easier customization. The ini settings for this are complicated but more importantly hard to balance.

Maybe just simply remove the crap drops and slightly boost the BP possibly.

Or add encounters like Ragnarok's mini bosses that drop limited sets of BP. Something like alphas, but better.

Official servers or servers im not in control of. 

The best decision i ever made was hosting my own server, it only costs me £8 a month and i can change anything i dont like and fix any bug that happens. Only thing you need is self control. For example, to solve the rex bp issue i just added the rex bp and saddle to all yellow drops aswell as red, took alot less time to get one but i still had to look. 

All the problems trying to get 'flyer carry (PVE)' working on my PVE non-dedicated server. It's so stupid. I check the box for PVE, then you should be able to simply check the box labelled 'Flyer Carry (PVE)' and be able to carry wild dino with your flyer... but no... the only way to get it flyer carry working is to not play PVE

What's really ridiculous is that when you Google the problem, the very many complaints about 'Flyer Carry (PVE)' not working go back for as long as the game has been played. 

3 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

All the problems trying to get 'flyer carry (PVE)' working on my PVE non-dedicated server. It's so stupid. I check the box for PVE, then you should be able to simply check the box labelled 'Flyer Carry (PVE)' and be able to carry wild dino with your flyer... but no... the only way to get it flyer carry working is to not play PVE

What's really ridiculous is that when you Google the problem, the very many complaints about 'Flyer Carry (PVE)' not working go back for as long as the game has been played. 

Totally  agree I mean why the he'll can't we carry Dino in pve actually. ..literally no reason what so ever why we shouldn't  be able to carry Dino  in pve ...if trolling  is the reason.then wc doesn't have a clue lol because it's still very possible  to drop  wild dino\alpha dinosaur in a players base without picking it up ...

1 minute ago, Lycan187u said:

Totally  agree I mean why the he'll can't we carry Dino in pve actually. ..literally no reason what so ever why we shouldn't  be able to carry Dino  in pve ...if trolling  is the reason.then wc doesn't have a clue lol because it's still very possible  to drop  wild dino\alpha dinosaur in a players base without picking it up ...

You have to especially love it when the problem isn't consistent for everyone. It's like if your car broke down on the side of the road and someone stopped just to tell you that their car is working fine. "Just turn the key!" LOL. 

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

It is for trolling. While it's still possible to drop em, in the early days you could pick up in PVE.

And it was hilarious. 

7 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

This morning I sat here with my coffee thinking about a few different ways to approach this subject, a more constructive, less abrasive approach seemed more helpful than anything. I'll start out with the last few things fresh in my memory over the last 2 weeks.

1. Characters being deleted on transfers.

This is huge for me, and it happens a lot more often than Wildcard would admit to.

2. Trough Bug.

I got up this morning, logged in on my Val server, and found all 6 of my 605 gigas (Adolescent) had starved to death overnight. After all that freakin' time, meat run after meat run after meat run, imprint after imprint, my time was basically p*ssed away by a bug. The troughs were all 80% full still, they just. stopped. EATING.  That is by far the most aggravating thing ever, I didn't spend all the time I did raising just to have a bug kill my effort, its unacceptable, infuriating and just makes me not want to play.

3. Loot drops.

4. The current version of 1x .

I sincerely hope they move to make the current 2x rate as the regular rate, the game runs much more smoothly, it's much more fun for everyone a it really has  promoted activity. 

5. The painting system.

Currently completely broken.

Number 4 point is totally wrong. Higher the rate, more lag there will be on servers. And thats a fact.

On land:

1) The seagull (Ichthyornis)

2) Pegomastax

I hate that the stealing your stuff mechanic was added. This ruined any base location that has these two guys for me. So annoying.

In the sea:

1) Electrophorus

2) Eurypterid

3) Squid (Tusoteuthis)

4) Jellyfish (Cnidaria)

The whole freeze you and you can't move mechanic. I hate it. This was also added for raptors, which I hate. I don't like them dismounting either.

I guess I'm just a lazy PvE player, I don't like surprises and mechanics that suddenly put me in a life and death situation for my character when otherwise I was perfectly safe.

8 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

3. Loot drops.

It took me nearly 3 months to finally get a rex saddle bp, and it's almost ridiculous when you go up to a red drop or red loot c

Although I agree droop loots needs to be reworked  , the constant persue of better bp, it’s a challenge within the game , some should really be hard to achieve . 

p. S.  Took you 3 months for a Rex bp ? , took me a year to find one and to be true , I appreciated her much more for it cause it’s an achievement itself . 

3 minutes ago, wildbill said:

On land:

1) The seagull (Ichthyornis)

2) Pegomastax

I hate that the stealing your stuff mechanic was added. This ruined any base location that has these two guys for me. So annoying.

In the sea:

1) Electrophorus

2) Eurypterid

3) Squid (Tusoteuthis)

4) Jellyfish (Cnidaria)

The whole freeze you and you can't move mechanic. I hate it. This was also added for raptors, which I hate. I don't like them dismounting either.

I guess I'm just a lazy PvE player, I don't like surprises and mechanics that suddenly put me in a life and death situation for my character when otherwise I was perfectly safe.

You know that Ark is a survival game right ... where life and death situations are a must . 

the incredibly limited dino AI. In order for this game to be awesome, the dinos need to be awesome. Awesomeness of dinos = awesomeness of game, to me it's directly proportional.

As long as dinos are only equipped with 1 thing they can do, when they could do 2, 3 or even 4, and as long as they're launching themselves off cliffs because of lousy AI, the game is broken in the most massively important way to me.  

8 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

Ark is known to be filled with frustrating bugs, massive server lags and some other bad things, but after more than 5000 hours spent on this game, I learned to play with the common bugs and server lags every 15 minutes.

The only thing that is still actually annoying the most, is.. Other players.

Yup, really, other players are really the top #1 problem on Ark. Of course you can find some rare very nice players but most of the time, you will have to deal constantly with heavily toxic players on PvE.

Here are a few examples that breaks the game, and only the players can fix that...

- Building right in front of your base when you're planning to make your enclosure bigger.

- Claiming useless terrain with CEILINGS on top of pillars or FOUNDATIONS on the ground. Seriously, stop that, it's killing the spawns, not protecting areas ! Use pillars + ladders or fence foundations to claim some land.

- Building taming traps everywhere on the map with gates or putting lots of wooden spikes, and LEAVING them there once they finished their taming. Just don't do that !

- Building so many Tek Teleporters across the map but don't wanting to set a few useful ones as "public". Yeah, you know, those 10 private teleporters around each obelisks.. It could be a lot more nice and beautiful if the players weren't that self-ish.

- Stealing your air-drop when you are already waiting for it to touch the ground, before them (of course, the airdrop is free for all, but it's a perfect example of toxicity)..

- Dragging offline players into the water to kill them in hope to steal some stuff, or worse, dragging offline players into holes to prevent them to escape.

- Stealing the batteries in the charge stations on Aberration.

- Staying in other's bases to force starve the "alarm-parasaurs" and kill them.

- Enclosing other's vaults in small houses once a base decayed, to reserve the potential stuff inside only for them. Seeing that really too much often, self-ish people at the highest point.

- Leaving only the wood in beaver dams ! Seriously...

And many many many other things that breaks the game. Ark could be a lot better on PvE if the players weren't that toxic. Fortunately, there is some awesome players who are working super hard to help others and make the servers a more peaceful place, but it's not always that easy, sadly....

2 hours ago, Quilleute said:

You know that Ark is a survival game right ... where life and death situations are a must . 

Except its NOT a survival game.    If they wanted it to be a survival game they should have never introduced taming, because when you're on foot, getting food, weather effects, finding water, staying alive is actually a survival mechanic, but the moment you get a strong dinosaur all that stuff just becomes annoying.

these are a lot of good game breaking bugs and such. here are my thoughts

1. the corner stone   when a player  spawns he is given a item that allows him to claim a patch of land  as he lvls he can UPgrade the amount of land they may claim and for a expensive item you can gain new corner stones for an outpost

2. STICKY CHAT   for troodons sake why do we need 5 different keys for chat if i'm holding a conversation in tribe why does it keep kicking me back in to general chat and whispers would be a good thing too

3. Dino cap now that we have cryopods i think we can reduce the amount of dinos out at any given time but what about our eggers.... i say a TEK device that you can Load Egger dinos in to produce eggs  maybe let the lvl and the amount of say  trikes  to effect the amount of eggs it produces load 5 150s in get  5 eggs a cycle

4. why the HELL does the new structure + items have their own folder?   why can't triangles ceilings be in the same folder and say... you know stone ceilings 

5. make earned skins and engram that can be crafted cheaply so i can have it on demand and not have to kill myself to get more

6. i love i can make a statue of myself....  but WHERE IS MY HAIR  make a interface for it please

there are lots of things i think could improve the game play that isn't very intrusive or vary hard to do in my honest opinion 

8 hours ago, Quilleute said:

Although I agree droop loots needs to be reworked  , the constant persue of better bp, it’s a challenge within the game , some should really be hard to achieve . 

p. S.  Took you 3 months for a Rex bp ? , took me a year to find one and to be true , I appreciated her much more for it cause it’s an achievement itself . 

But finding that saddle bp was pure luck. That is not achievement.

10 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

It is for trolling. While it's still possible to drop em, in the early days you could pick up in PVE.

And it was hilarious. 

I miss those days :( Back then PvE was dangerous to play due to people being able to drop in carryable dinos and no ORP, nowadays people build without having any risks(except for extinction maybe)

10 hours ago, Axirpy said:

Ark is known to be filled with frustrating bugs, massive server lags and some other bad things, but after more than 5000 hours spent on this game, I learned to play with the common bugs and server lags every 15 minutes.

The only thing that is still actually annoying the most, is.. Other players.

Yup, really, other players are really the top #1 problem on Ark. Of course you can find some rare very nice players but most of the time, you will have to deal constantly with heavily toxic players on PvE.

After almost 9k in Ark , I totally agree with this ... 

The game has issues, bugs ,IA deficiencies ? ...

YES !!!, just like any other MMO, RPG, Survival game .

What’s Ark real problem ? 
Toxic players !!!!!  , just like in RL, you need to live , according to your rules , and ignore as much as you can the “toxiness” around you. 

Archived