Is this pc enough for an Ark dedicated server?

Is this pc enough for an Ark dedicated server?

I want to build a dedicated server for 2 players and I have an old pc which I doesnt use so I could use it for a server. The pc has 8GBs Ram(DDR2 800mhz), an Amd Athlon II X2 220(dual/quad core with locked cores, 2.8ghz, 64bit), a nvidia onboard graphics chip with 256mb vram and a 500gb hdd. My question is, if the pc is capable of running an Ark dedicated server at all, because it's already very old and much worse than an average pc. Hope you guys can answer my question.

You can certainly try. The only bottle-neck in your specs is the CPU which is really old. Your specs meet the requirement to run windows 10. For 2 people with not crazy boosted stats it might be passable on the island map. I wouldn't try to host on Rag/Center/Vag as they are more taxing on the system, eg they have less optimizations than the official ark maps. 

You can use your gold account to sign-into windows 10 store, download the game so you don't have to buy it twice. Then use a silver xbox account to act as the host account so you can still play with your gold account on your xbox and connect to the silver account hosted server. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived