Jump to content

Joebl0w13

Upcoming Balance Changes - React!

Recommended Posts

"React" doesn't really mean positive only, so get ready.

The stack sizes are a decent change, especially Org Poly and refining equipment.  Some good TLC there to ease so materials come easier!

 

But then...

 

Modified Drag weight of creatures to prevent carry by Quetz and Crab:

Galli

Kapro

Megalosaurus

Procoptodon

 

Megalosaurus I guess I understand.  But the other 3?  I dunno.  Especially Gallimimus and Procoptodon. 

Two of the most niche tames, multi-seat fragile speeder and berry-getting superhopper.  They are both good tames, not trying to say they don't have value but their value is limited.  So who in the hell asked for this?  Why is this the wheel that gets the grease?  An artificial difficulty increase on otherwise easy-to-get tames targeting PvE unofficials with flyer-carry turned on?  Neither Procoptodon or Gallimimus are a big part of PvP on official.  Sure, they rule to have some FUN on, but past that, you aren't boss-fighting or raiding with a Roo or Galli regularly.  Now I'm sure maybe ONE video exists of ONE guy with ONE Roo/Galli doing ONE raid or bossfight which, keep in mind, says nothing about their actual usefulness.  On official PvE, you can't carry them as wild anyway but now you...  what...  have to...  cryopod them to get them back to your base after you tame them?  Which 90% or more people are doing anyway?  So then on unofficial flyer-carry PvE, people who would tame either for funsies can't tow them back to their base to tame them up, but have to tame them on site.  I just don't understand this.

If you were going for an opposite QoL change, this nails it for lovers of these tames.  @Cedric the other changes are understandable, and like I said, Megalosaurus I can understand.  But a bit of reasoning for the other three would be nice.  *I don't think a possible upcoming TLC is the reason, citing the recent TLC on the Procoptodon.*

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

and the bite range on giga is actually ridicalous. which is why it is so loved for meatfarming i think.

I never used a Giga for meat runs because it doesn't matter how much meat they get when their carry weight is poop. 

 

But then most people on official PVE don't do any work themselves anyways, they wait for someone like you to do the hard work and breed a mega dino, so I'm sure the 575+ melee monster Gigas being passed around have a base weight of 1200 by now or something stupid.

  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Garet said:

I never used a Giga for meat runs because it doesn't matter how much meat they get when their carry weight is poop. 

 

But then most people on official PVE don't do any work themselves anyways, they wait for someone like you to do the hard work and breed a mega dino, so I'm sure the 575+ melee monster Gigas being passed around have a base weight of 1200 by now or something stupid.

during the event i raised a 425melee giga that happened to have around 1000 weight, which i imprinted 100% and then leveled only in weight to 1700 right now. with a shoulder pet you can farm a boatload of meat in one go.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

during the event i raised a 425melee giga that happened to have around 1000 weight, which i imprinted 100% and then leveled only in weight to 1700 right now. with a shoulder pet you can farm a boatload of meat in one go.
 

On legacy  bert?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am not happy about the drag weight change but it seems pretty par for the course at this point.  they really don't want people bothering with anything that isn't one of the obviously OP dinosaurs.  I am guessing this also affects their ability to be grabbed by argents as well.  as a breeder of procoptodons,  this seems like an obnoxious change that i now need to mod around :X

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

i am not happy about the drag weight change but it seems pretty par for the course at this point.  they really don't want people bothering with anything that isn't one of the obviously OP dinosaurs.  I am guessing this also affects their ability to be grabbed by argents as well.  as a breeder of procoptodons,  this seems like an obnoxious change that i now need to mod around :X

I also disagree with Roo's weight. Yet another thing PvP ruined for regular ARK players & unofficials. 

Their draw was their compact size-weight-carryable ratio.

I think as a compromise if they plan to class it as a 'heavier dino' they should also increase its own carry weight. I mean: allow roo to carry bigger dinos in their pouches / imprint longer. (Nothing too crazy - say dilo or raptor size)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I also disagree with Roo's weight. Yet another thing PvP ruined for regular ARK players & unofficials. 

Their draw was their compact size-weight-carryable ratio.

I think as a compromise if they plan to class it as a 'heavier dino' they should also increase its own carry weight. I mean: allow roo to carry bigger dinos in their pouches / imprint longer. (Nothing too crazy - say dilo or raptor size)

i don't think i have ever actually used the kangaroo pouch for other players because of the fact they fall out frequently.  i wouldn't mind if that was removed, since they aren't going to fix players bumping into objects as a passenger and getting dismounted cuz "meshing"

Why go to a doctor to get a wound sutured when a staple gun is cheaper at the hardware store.  that sort of mentality drives the majority of fixes.

Edited by Kaprosuchus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy with the grill and fridge. The rest I'm like meh. I have gas coming out of my ears as it is so I guess mine will now last until the day I die LOL. The generator should have had more slots rather than a reduction on gas consumption imo. Decay timer for metal foundations, generators, and anything else like cables, etc.. need a boost. Just give us 3 weeks for metal and metal structures for crying out loud. I wanna be able to cryo all my dinos and just have a break from the game from time to time but it's impossible without losing everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The plant z nerf is uncalled for and harmful to the games health. Plant Z is one of few things that make ARK's PVP playable. It is the only counter to manas. Plant Z already is not reliable against manas with their speed and lag on officials. If they spamming the  dive bomb it frequently does not work at all.

Devs, you have already nerfed plant y into the ground. Now you touch plant Z. Why ?  Z and Y are what brought other dinos back into the game, after the mana domination of first quarter of 2019. Now with the last of our anti mana item being nerfed its time for rhinos and theriz to go back into the cryofridges again.

The MEK pistol nerf is also uncalled for. Yes duped MEKS with 500% pistols can be OP. But you should not punish legit players, or more importantly PVE players for actons of few official pvp cheaters. More importantly the MEKs power is earned, they require expensive element to shoot that pistol. And very expensive one time use BPs to craft.

The PVP frontline composition today consist of MEKs, gigas, rhinos, manas, owls, velos, pteras. Wyverns, reapers, theriz, and even argies see some situtional use. Every dino in the meta has a role and tactics assosiated with it, and appropriate counters. It is an interesting combined arms game where different types of dinos have to work togather now instead of just spamming manas all time. After nearly a year of being god awful ARK PVP is becoming interesting again.  Whether by blind luck or intent devs you have stumbled into start of something good. Please dont mess it up with mis-steps like z nerf or mek nerfs.

 

Edited by covenantgrunt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 2:04 PM, Kaprosuchus said:

i am not happy about the drag weight change but it seems pretty par for the course at this point.  they really don't want people bothering with anything that isn't one of the obviously OP dinosaurs.  I am guessing this also affects their ability to be grabbed by argents as well.  as a breeder of procoptodons,  this seems like an obnoxious change that i now need to mod around :X

Apparently i double posted whoops

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...