Upcoming Balance Changes - React!

Joebl0w13

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WarpSpasm said:

And how would we bury our purlovias and basilisks?

Speaking of purlovias, I wonder....  If I read this correctly, they're upping the drag weight of these 4 creatures (not changing anything about what Quetz/Kark can carry?), so I wonder if that means you will no longer get Raptor pounced on a Megalosaurus, or KO'ed by a purlovia.  This would make Megas so much more viable when running the drake trench your first time.

Interesting.

- inventory slot size changes: what it mean? Introducing mew resources maybe or changing actual crafting into need of more resources?  In case of fridge maybe mean increasing food consumption on dinos?

-Lowered gasoline consumption rate by 50%: will be made a lot slower way how those structure like forge work? In case of electrical generator will number of structures attacked on it and on electrical power now count as multiplier? Will be other changes in game like harder to obtain gasoline under sea or in ice areas. Will be easy mobs that drop oil like tek parasaur removed?

- lowered food  spoil rate and decreased structures decay; cant find anything about in that post.

-lowered weight of resources : also cant find explanation how it will be implemented

On 12/3/2019 at 9:19 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Rex should now do 15% extra damage to herbivores

This just seems... random.

The World Animal Protection Club supported by the Association of support is the opinion that the so-called  "Boss" is dying slowly and suffers greatly. It therefore suggests that Rex also makes more damage to the carnivore animals so that he can finish  his work as soon as possible with least pain possible..

Instant kill would be acceptable.

Upcoming QOL Changes

I think these changes are great. What do you think?

Upcoming Balance Changes

The list below includes balance changes that will be made in the coming weeks.

Stack Size changes:
	Veggie Cake 5 -> 10
	Raw Meat 20 -> 40
	Cooked Meat 30 -> 50
	Sap 20 -> 30
	Fiber 200 -> 300
	Thatch 100 -> 200
	Organic Polymer 10 -> 20
	Vacuum Compartment 100 -> 5
	Vacuum Compartment Moonpool 100 -> 5
Inventory Slot Size Changes:
	Industrial forge 60 -> 100
	Chemistry Bench 60 -> 100
	Fridge 48 -> 80
	Industrial Cooker 48 -> 80
	Preserving Bin 24 -> 48
	Mortar and Pestle 12 -> 24
	Refining Forge 8 -> 24
Misc:
	Reduced Plant Z flash range by 50%
	Plant Z Grenades weight reduced from 10 to 5
	Dedicated Storage weight reduced from 50 to 20
	Decreased cook time on the industrial grill by 50%
	Lowered gasoline consumption rate by 50% on the following structures: 
		Chemistry Bench
		Electrical Generator
		Fabricator
		Industrial Cooker
		Industrial Forge
		Industrial Grill
		Industrial Grinder.
	Metal Cliff Platforms no longer take 50% less damage from explosive damage
	Shortened aberration earthquake duration by ~10%
	Shortened Scorched Earth sandstorm duration by ~15%
	Bronto should no longer be affected by knockback
	MEK pistol Damage reduced by 10%
	Modified Drag weight of creatures to prevent carry by Quetz and Crab: 
		Galli 
		Kapro
		Megalosaurus
		Procoptodon
	Reduced stun duration on jellyfish and eels by 20%
		Wild eels 7 -> 5.6
		Tamed eels 1.5 -> 1.2
		Cnidaria 4 -> 3.2
	Rex should now do 15% extra damage to herbivores

On 12/3/2019 at 3:33 PM, TheDonn said:

Galli

Kapro

Megalosaurus

Procoptodon

Megalosaurus I guess I understand.  But the other 3?  I dunno.  Especially Gallimimus and Procoptodon. 

</snip>

My reaction too. So..I can carry a baryonyx with an argie and a MAMMOTH with a quetz, but not things that are a fraction of the size/weight with a quetz? I do understand and agree with size limits on crab carry, but a kapro / galli / procop all look equal to or lighter than an anky. Why are this even happening?

If they'd like some suggestions for carry nerf targets, start with stuff that obviously makes no sense, like quetz and mammoth, or argy and baryonyx. 

??? 

1 hour ago, Milsurp said:

My reaction too. So..I can carry a baryonyx with an argie and a MAMMOTH with a quetz, but not things that are a fraction of the size/weight with a quetz? I do understand and agree with size limits on crab carry, but a kapro / galli / procop all look equal to or lighter than an anky. Why are this even happening?

If they'd like some suggestions for carry nerf targets, start with stuff that obviously makes no sense, like quetz and mammoth, or argy and baryonyx. 

??? 

They nerf due to easy to mesh dino/creatures...

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

They nerf due to easy to mesh dino/creatures...

Well, we don't know for sure this change is being made for that very reason but it is quite obvious. But yeah, starting from the assumption that it is made to prevent meshing exploits, this is a lazy fix in my opinion. I could understand them not being able to be carried if they have passengers, but completely disabling their ability to be carried is straight out a lazy fix in my book. At least players can cryo them for transportation now, so not really as bad as it would have been in the past to carry such tames back to base on foot, etc. but still; lazy fix.

So apparently I now can't pick up a kapro with a quetz but I can pick up a sarco which is 3 times bigger....?‍♂️

Stupid Wildcard Logic...

If this is a matter of "pvp meshing prevention", then I agree with invincibleqc, Wildcard is being just plain lazy. The unfortunate thing is that legitimate players will suffer for this, especially PVE players on unofficial servers that allow wild dino picking (because it is a nightmare to kite some dinos into traps and then transport them all the way home if you don't have cryopods).

I know there are a lot of post about why, but come one. Really. 

Are we kidding, Wild Card. You patch the game to stop us from carrying a Gallimimus or Procoptodon? A Queztal can carry a Mammoth but it can now not carry a small Kangaroo. Please explain the logic for all of us. I love the game but REALLY. A Mammoth but not an annoying Gallimimus. I can carry some really large dinos but now Wild Card decides I should not be allowed to carry a Kangaroo and Squaking Gallimimus. I only play on my server with my two daughters. So because someone says you can mesh with them while carrying them on a PVP (that we don't play) now I have to suffer and use a cryopod to move them. If this is a Mesh issue, please fix it so people can't go in the mesh, don't fix it by taking away a way that people go in the mesh. I know I am not some game designer and don't know if this is possible, but making it not possible to pick up a small animal in the game is just ridiculous, 

•     Galli 
  •     Kapro
  •     Megalosaurus
  •     Procoptodon
  •  

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 6:13 PM, Castlerock said:
On 4/4/2020 at 12:22 PM, kaazoo71 said:
Now to top off this madness of not being able to carry the a Gallimimus or Procoptodon ,Wildcard decided to add the special feature of not being able to BOLA them either. 

Side effect of increasing their drag weight, as it affects both being able to be carried and being able to be bola-ed.

We like to tame the Procoptodon for fun. I'm not sure how to do that now except chase it around and hope you can drop it.  Very Strange concept for a Wild Card Fix.

On 4/4/2020 at 3:22 PM, kaazoo71 said:

Now to top off this madness of not being able to carry the a Gallimimus or Procoptodon ,Wildcard decided to add the special feature of not being able to BOLA them either. 

but as a bonus to their drag weight being increased, they can now take like 2-3 yuty screams before running away, i've been killing x-yutys in genesis with a pack of angry procoptodons. like 20 of them.

Archived