Upcoming Balance Changes - React!

Joebl0w13

1 hour ago, ArkRage said:

Also, increase the chance of colour mutations. Encourage players to want to breed. Right now it's such a put off. You've got it all back to front. Hatching eggs should be what takes the longest, not raising the baby. ??‍♀️

some dinos have only 2 color regions and it would be nice if the stats mutation is combined with a color mutation in the region the dino has.

for instance on basilo you rarely get a color which is a shame.

if they make this change, then every 20th baby +/- will be a color mut. which is often enough.

but this is not a qol improvement and so we probably never see this happen.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love these changes!! Even better if we could get them as settings for the gus.ini file like S+ does (especially for the slot sizes):

Stack Size changes:
	Veggie Cake 5 -> 10
	Raw Meat 20 -> 40
	Cooked Meat 30 -> 50
	Sap 20 -> 30
	Fiber 200 -> 300
	Thatch 100 -> 200
	Organic Polymer 10 -> 20
	Vacuum Compartment 100 -> 5
	Vacuum Compartment Moonpool 100 -> 5
Inventory Slot Size Changes:
	Industrial forge 60 -> 100
	Chemistry Bench 60 -> 100
	Fridge 48 -> 80
	Industrial Cooker 48 -> 80
	Preserving Bin 24 -> 48
	Mortar and Pestle 12 -> 24
	Refining Forge 8 -> 24

Like a lot of other people here, I'm not so sure about the drag weight change... I get the reason for it, if it's what Joebl0w13 stated earlier:

15 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Dinos that are easy to mesh when carried.

However, it's not a problem for me as I'm on a private server. Could you maybe consider making an .ini setting for keeping the old behaviour @Cedric? That would be amazing!

i got a few me boi!

Honey Acts like Mutton for herbivores

Trikes when attacked in front take 75% less damage 

Prime meat able to be stacked! and raise the spoil timer!

Able to get prime meat from Phomias and rolerats!

able to tame , procos and hyenas with berries/meat! 

able to upgrade water weight on morellatops 

all skins can be earned in some way and can be kept 

I am ok with all (but one) of the changes.
My favorites are the storage expansions.

I wish Oil's stack size would double (I preferred the old recipe for Gasoline where I could perfectly deposit enough materials in a Refining Forge. But with the increased storage size coming soon, I maybe able to go back to counting stacks (before the recipe change, I'd think to myself, 2 1/2 stacks of hide, 3 stacks of oil, half a stack of spark plus one...) and have my easy-to-remember pattern of ingredients once more. 6 oil couldn't fit, but soon it will.

The one upcoming change I do not like:
"Modified Drag weight of creatures to prevent carry by Quetz"

I'd like to be able to carry my own tames. I only play PvE, and that prevent carry seems to be made for balancing PvP. That change will impair what I do on PvE official. Oh well, not like PvE has been impaired by PvP rebalances before. *shrugs*

I have a platform on my Q, so hopefully that'd still be able to carry those tames. There's always Cryopds I could use too. But cryosickness delays my activities, so sometimes I'd like to avoid cryopodding, when I can carry the tame.

Overall,
I like those changes. More storage, less weight. Tastes great!

27 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

I explained that in my post
"There's always Cryopds I could use too. But cryosickness delays my activities, so sometimes I'd like to avoid cryopodding, when I can carry the tame. "

Yeah I read all that. The list isn't very extensive.

Galli 
		Kapro
		Megalosaurus
		Procoptodon

do you use any of these creatures regularly?

cryopods are just easier, if you only need to carry one. Which is all the quetz could carry. Crab has two claws through.

Question: When stack sizes reduce, such as the tek vacuum compartment max stacking going from 100 to 5, presumably it's going to take 20x more 'shelf space' (slots) in containers. So if they make that change and you happen to have a locker stuffed full of the items, do you lose the excess after the stack size reduces? Or will the container still retain all the items, until you have a chance to move some out? 

21 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Yeah I read all that. The list isn't very extensive.

Galli 
		Kapro
		Megalosaurus
		Procoptodon

do you use any of these creatures regularly?

cryopods are just easier, if you only need to carry one. Which is all the quetz could carry. Crab has two claws through.

i uses the procop and kapro

22 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Drag weight change seems weird, but if it will reduce meshing then it's worth it I guess.

As for other changes, it's probably the first batch in which I can't see anything I dislike. Sincere thanks to everyone responsible for pushing and implementing those.

i would make the mesh solid personally

but you gotta do what you gotta do   

Archived