What happens to my indy forge on raft if clipped into Giant rocks/walls

KRONOSDOUBLE

Quick question lads! Was thinking about making an indy forge motorboat to go and collect/smelt metal with, but I want my stuff to be protected.

If have a full indy forge of metal and its turned on to  smelt the metal and I clip it into a rock wall to make my structures inaccessible, will the indy forge still smelt while its stuck in rock wall?

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

I never said that, was purely asking a hypothetical

Hypothetically, you'd be cheating.

Plus, games been that way for years

And you haven't tried it by now?

But really though, what happens? Does the metal continue to smelt?

Seems like a moot point since hypothetically  ? ?  you won't be doing it anyways.

12 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Try it and report back.

For the sake of science.

Idk haha. Knowingly admitting to cheating in the game on forums sounds like a bad idea lol. I don't cheat anyway though, which is probably why I stuck on the bottom of the food chain cause I didnt dupe when everyone else was ?

On 12/3/2019 at 11:41 AM, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Idk haha. Knowingly admitting to cheating in the game on forums sounds like a bad idea lol. I don't cheat anyway though, which is probably why I stuck on the bottom of the food chain cause I didnt dupe when everyone else was ?

Just do it on single player. I mesh plebs all the time on singleplayer 

(Spoiler: the pleb is myself)

On 12/3/2019 at 8:07 PM, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Nothing. They made the game in a so poopty way that every structures can enter the mesh, it works totally find you just cannot access it inventory by standards ways.

So you can put your whole base on one side of the raft and clip everything in the mesh. If players destroy the raft they get no loot bags, everything is inacessible. I would recommand to do it for starters days only because of this aspect.

Some players will report you for it, others will not, but wildcard will never do a thing to you so enjoy the poopty mechanics it will help you go through early game in Ark. When you will be ready go put a  legit base somewhere else. Some guys will consider this cheating, just answer them "are we playing the same game ?"

In code of conduct they say :"exploiting:  Unintended building mechanics (such as floating structures, using the world barrier as a snap point) " so it's totally free from interpretation, in my own eyes : "i only put a normal indus forge in a normal foundation on a normal raft"

Rq: im totally new to this forum so i dont really know if people here like or dislike wildcard but in reddit i would have been instant downvoted for talking badly about the divinity wc

My opinion: people defend too much wc, if they dont want you to build something or act dirty then they just have to change the mechanic.

Just don't allow structure to go inside mesh maybe  (same as for dinos) ????

blame the game not the player (im not for meshing duping but is it really player fault ??)

1 hour ago, ello788 said:

Really i thought they removed that also but thank you for replying back with an answer :)

i have one on a motorboat, when i was collecting metal by myself on the island it made it easier, i'd sail the forge boat over near the mountains and fill it up with metal and have it smelting while i was off collecting more.   plant species x (3 on each side) kept the boat safe from dinos.  far as making it inaccessable there really isn't any way on the boat itself, its counter effective to build walls around it (it wasn't when you could still use the 4 high walls on the motorboats), so i just stick minimal gas in the forge while im off getting more metal, that way if a player decides to come and turn it on/off while im away, they'll only burn up a few.

the raft will clip through things and continue to smelt, this i know from moving the boat up and down the rivers and having to clip through peoples walls partially and rock faces in order to get the boat where I wanted it, its unavoidable while traversing the rivers.

leaving it clipped? meh, why not just build yourself a boathouse to park the boat in while its sitting and smelting?

15 hours ago, Leys said:

Nothing. They made the game in a so poopty way that every structures can enter the mesh, it works totally find you just cannot access it inventory by standards ways.

So you can put your whole base on one side of the raft and clip everything in the mesh. If players destroy the raft they get no loot bags, everything is inacessible. I would recommand to do it for starters days only because of this aspect.

Some players will report you for it, others will not, but wildcard will never do a thing to you so enjoy the poopty mechanics it will help you go through early game in Ark. When you will be ready go put a  legit base somewhere else. Some guys will consider this cheating, just answer them "are we playing the same game ?"

In code of conduct they say :"exploiting:  Unintended building mechanics (such as floating structures, using the world barrier as a snap point) " so it's totally free from interpretation, in my own eyes : "i only put a normal indus forge in a normal foundation on a normal raft"

Rq: im totally new to this forum so i dont really know if people here like or dislike wildcard but in reddit i would have been instant downvoted for talking badly about the divinity wc

My opinion: people defend too much wc, if they dont want you to build something or act dirty then they just have to change the mechanic.

Just don't allow structure to go inside mesh maybe  (same as for dinos) ????

blame the game not the player (im not for meshing duping but is it really player fault ??)

One of my fav tricks is the humble pleb raft parked on an isolated beach. From outward appearances it seems just like another blank/empty raft someone's made then left abandoned on a beach but little do they know that when you move it out to deeper waters that's its boxes of treasure become visible. It's the vertical version of steering it into a rock and far less obvious.

8 hours ago, caleb68 said:

i have one on a motorboat, when i was collecting metal by myself on the island it made it easier, i'd sail the forge boat over near the mountains and fill it up with metal and have it smelting while i was off collecting more.   plant species x (3 on each side) kept the boat safe from dinos.  far as making it inaccessable there really isn't any way on the boat itself, its counter effective to build walls around it (it wasn't when you could still use the 4 high walls on the motorboats), so i just stick minimal gas in the forge while im off getting more metal, that way if a player decides to come and turn it on/off while im away, they'll only burn up a few.

the raft will clip through things and continue to smelt, this i know from moving the boat up and down the rivers and having to clip through peoples walls partially and rock faces in order to get the boat where I wanted it, its unavoidable while traversing the rivers.

leaving it clipped? meh, why not just build yourself a boathouse to park the boat in while its sitting and smelting?

Just so there is no missunderstanding in my part i did not make this post i play on a pve server and have no intention/interest to clip i just joined this post  when i saw someone asking about the  their industrial forge on a boat which made curious since i thought they removed placing industrial forge from all plattforms including the motorboat and you have clarified it for me that it works so thank you :)

7 hours ago, brenon45 said:

Real question is... How are you going to put an Indy forge on a raft/motorboat?

Unless you are playing unofficial or Single player this is not possible 

I play on official and its quite possible, you just need to know how to build on a raft.  a forge only takes a 2.5x2.5 foundation area to be fully on a foundation.   My forge boat has a ind. forge, a ac, 2 fridges, a geny, a chem bench, several smithys (higher storage then large storage), 2 beds and a ind. grill along with 6 plant species X for defense.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, brenon45 said:

Real question is... How are you going to put an Indy forge on a raft/motorboat?

Unless you are playing unofficial or Single player this is not possible 

Don't tell anyone; you have to mesh inside the boat, place some extra foundations inside (they must be duped ones otherwise it won't work), and then it will place. E.g.

3B9E8519E3BAE4CDCA4C1C21C9A38CD32F277197

Archived