Question about hosting on Xbox

Im trying to host a small server for 3 of us. All I want is a server with a high XP rate (round x10) and the same for taming. Can I do this through the windows version of the game or will I need a dedicated private server?

Apologies if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it.

Do all the normal things you would do host an windows store version that supports xbox cross play except run the host account xbox silver account inside a hyper-visor/virtual machine on the same PC you plan to play on. Everyone connects to the xbox silver account that is hosted on the virtual machine.

If you are unfamiliar on how to setup a basic windows store xbox hosted server, I made a guide, just search my name in this section of the forum for how to Host an xbox server via the windows 10 store version of the game.

14 hours ago, Brotherpimp said:

Im trying to host a small server for 3 of us. All I want is a server with a high XP rate (round x10) and the same for taming. Can I do this through the windows version of the game or will I need a dedicated private server?      ark how about fixing your game how come when u make a server u can’t get rid of the host barrier it’s so annoying I have to stay near my friend at all times, so why can’t Xbox players or ps4 players remove the host barrier  but pc players can extend or remove the host barrier that’s not fair to the people who have Xbox and ps4

Apologies if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it.

ark how about fixing your game how come when u make a server u can’t get rid of the host barrier it’s so annoying I have to stay near my friend at all times, so why can’t Xbox players or ps4 players remove the host barrier  but pc players can extend or remove the host barrier that’s not fair to the people who have Xbox and ps4

I told you how to host and play on the same PC with crossplay that acts a true hosted dedicated server. Follow my directions.

The host barrier happens when you are hosting an xbox server from an xbox and trying to play on the same xbox at the same time. The xbox/1x isn't powerful enough to both render your playing game and calculate all the server numbers for the entire map, hence the host barrier. 

You have these options for hosting:

1. A separate dedicated Xbox console, no host barrier, but requires another xbox/1x that only serves the purpose of hosting (free per month)

2. Host and play on a single xbox console, you will have a host barrier, xbox/1x isn't powerful enough to play and host at same time (free per month)

3. A separate dedicated windows 10 PC, no host barrier, more powerful and configurable than xbox/1x that only serves the purpose of hosting (free per month)

4. A windows 10 PC that you play and host on at the same time. This is accomplished via running the hosted server in a virtual machine on the same PC (which essentially makes another PC inside your PC). No host barrier, more powerful and configurable. (free per month)

5. Rent from nitrado. They do all the hosting for you. (cost per month)

Archived