*New Extinction Server Rates*

Jackers

Hi Ark lovers,

I'm excited to try these new extinction servers, but I'm hoping the harvest/taming/gather rates are similar to SOTF! or just ramped up in general. I think with increased rates tribes can race to see how far they can get which would make for some fun gameplay. The servers have just been released with the most recent patch. Can anyone confirmed that rates are increased? Thanks :) 

• Volunteer Moderator

These new servers are also a test to see how it works during the first month. If you like the idea of playing on these servers I suggest you take the opportunity this month and provide any suggestions that you feel should be made or changed. Gather rates has already been raised so they are aware of this. Nothing is really set in stone, so what might be this month doesn't mean it will be the same next month after reset.

Well my issue is we know how vanilla rates work why not boost rates to try something different.  Ultimately I'm not a fan of losing my work every month, nor am I a fan of re taming herbivores every month.. 

Extinction should have dropped at a X2 level, starting at vanilla rate has killed my intrigue.

GOOD luck to those that try it, let me know what you think , I'll look forward to your comments and opinions.  

On 4/2/2016 at 2:38 PM, GamerPerfection said:

These new servers are also a test to see how it works during the first month. If you like the idea of playing on these servers I suggest you take the opportunity this month and provide any suggestions that you feel should be made or changed. Gather rates has already been raised so they are aware of this. Nothing is really set in stone, so what might be this month doesn't mean it will be the same next month after reset.

I'm glad they raised the rates a little bit. I think it would be awesome if it was similar to SOFT's rates ;) I feel like at the pace that it's currently at is difficult to reach certain tiers/levels. I'm enjoying so far though. I miss playing the main game so this is a nice change of pace. I will be sad when it all gets reset but it should be interesting in a few weeks when people have dinos & stuff. There's going to be a lot of raiding going on. Many wars to come...

On 4/2/2016 at 2:47 PM, DmpTrkDrvr said:

Well my issue is we know how vanilla rates work why not boost rates to try something different.  Ultimately I'm not a fan of losing my work every month, nor am I a fan of re taming herbivores every month.. 

Extinction should have dropped at a X2 level, starting at vanilla rate has killed my intrigue.

GOOD luck to those that try it, let me know what you think , I'll look forward to your comments and opinions.  

They updated the servers to have certain rates from 2x - 3x which is nice. Beef up some melee and you'll start raking in the goods. I still think it should be raised more, but it's good for right now. They're probably just experimenting and seeing what the feedback is.

5 minutes ago, Jackers said:

They updated the servers to have certain rates from 2x - 3x which is nice. Beef up some melee and you'll start raking in the goods. I still think it should be raised more, but it's good for right now. They're probably just experimenting and see what the feedback is.

Eventually I hope they provide servers that have x1 all the way to x6. More options are better.

On 4/2/2016 at 4:47 PM, DmpTrkDrvr said:

I'm not a fan of losing my work every month, nor am I a fan of re taming herbivores every month.

Then these servers are not for you.  If you dislike the fundamental, defining feature of these servers, the only thing that distinguishes these servers from vanilla servers, then no change to them will make you happy without making the servers identical to what's already available and turning them into what some of us wish to avoid.  If you have no interest in playing on a resetting server, then your opinions on how they should be run are not useful because you overvalue features that are incompatible with the entire point of the servers.

15 hours ago, Rippy said:

Well if they were to implement it now, they could see which servers were most popular, more effective etc.

They don't need to implement it to do that.  They can change the rates after a month, adjusting based on people's general opinion of what is too fast and what is too slow.  Adding too many different rates fragments an already limited testing playerbase, which makes it harder to judge how many people think 2x is too slow and how many think 2x is too fast.  Particularly when most players will be like DmpTrk and unwilling to play on a server that rewards dynamic play and punishes obsessive power hoarding playstyles.

11 hours ago, Tager said:

They don't need to implement it to do that.  They can change the rates after a month, adjusting based on people's general opinion of what is too fast and what is too slow.  Adding too many different rates fragments an already limited testing playerbase, which makes it harder to judge how many people think 2x is too slow and how many think 2x is too fast.  Particularly when most players will be like DmpTrk and unwilling to play on a server that rewards dynamic play and punishes obsessive power hoarding playstyles.

You would get more accurate numbers though by putting in all types, and seeing which ones get better feedback afterwards, as well as which ones get the most numbers, rather than which of the vocal minority of the forums prefer. If the resources aren't there to supply these servers, then I guess the current way is the best way to do it.

23 hours ago, Martyn said:

The harvest rate is too high.  Getting far too much using pick etc there's almost no point in taming a doed or ankylo.   We are building a temple to the gods on our server, everyone is just using picks and axes.  

Otherwise the Extinction servers are great, peaceful, no lag.. not even the saving point lag you usually get.  I guess no big bases to save with a thousand tames. 

Need to reduce the harvest rate tho, maybe 2x max.  Tame rate is ok, although it needs completely reworked anyway.  Low level stuff really needs to tame much faster than higher level.  If you can mejo tame a 120 trike in 3hrs.. then a lv 30 should tame in 45 mins or so.  As it is, people tame very low dinos then 120s with kibble.  There is no stop gap.

I'm the opposite, sure you get a lot by hand, but u get a lot more with Dino. Te only problem is the taming speed worth the delay. Probably not in most cases. If taming rate is high enough then it's worth it. An example, on my dedicated I can get 50-60 meat by hand and using a little more time, but I'd rather do one barrel roll on a pteranodon for 90 meat. Point is Dino's will usually harvest more. 

It's just hard for me to imagine on a one month server some people still want to grind it out. 

Personally I like 3x gather, 6x tame for a 1 month server. 

Archived