Minus Rep "poor game"

frostyiceee

Minus Rep "poor game"

I wouldnt recommend buying this game for anyone, the time, effort you put into it too be meshed and lose poop, to server NOT synchronizing and the game saying your in front of the vault or replicator or door then poof your dead cause the server doesnt really show where the hell you are. Developers keep coming out with more Worlds yet I can count the issues with game on my hands and feet. I am hear to vent and say for now DO NOT buy the game. It is a great game but slow at being updated.   

Meeeh yeah I agree, still many issues "known issues" they cannot hot fix lol... Instead they put all there time into genesis. I had ingame lag throw me past the death barrier and kill myself and mana "lost everything". Just lost 4 giga babies because they game said i was in front of them to cryo them but in reality I was on the other side on the breeding pin cryoing F Breeders. I mean I have shadow of all the BS now if the developers would ever like to see it. then you have then Enforce and Gachca mesh happening, what else oh when you want to fly on a snow owl or mana and the game says your on the dino using it but in reality on your screen your floating next to it lol. I mean mehh great game btw wildcard 

in my opinion they just don't think they try hard enough!

i mean it is probably Hard to maintain a game like his (online survival game) but if they make more of their team,  work on the bugs i think these bugs would be lowered!

here's my hope of what they will do.

-once genesis comes out they will work on the big bugs on both the bugs for the map and any other bugs , then they would fix some more smaller bugs! , then they could add small additions or QOL features and if they find bugs! fix them!, they could use the PC as a base Platform to fix the bugs and see how the people respond before they port it!. 

2 hours ago, Udam said:

here's my hope of what they will do.

-once genesis comes out they will work on the big bugs on both the bugs for the map and any other bugs , then they would fix some more smaller bugs! , then they could add small additions or QOL features and if they find bugs! fix them!, they could use the PC as a base Platform to fix the bugs and see how the people respond before they port it!. 

It's a beautiful dream for sure, I had the same hope back when they actually released the game, then when they released abbaration, then when they released extinction....not holding my breath now lol.

7 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

It's a beautiful dream for sure, I had the same hope back when they actually released the game, then when they released abbaration, then when they released extinction....not holding my breath now lol.

i still have hope Heck the time for genesis part 2 is Next year on december I HOPE THEY HAVE BUGS FIXED BY THEN!

and im ok with the dlcs SE was great imo , l loved AB , extinction was ok (could have been better) and gen looks good!

and when the game fully came out i found little bugs (wished it stayed that way) 

Often, when they are building new content, they are improving their coding skills as they go along.  Sometimes the solutions they will come up with will improve older aspects of the game.  It's worth them working on new stuff.  Most of the complaints don't look at the economics of making a game.  They need some constant revenue stream to keep the servers on.  Since they aren't charging a monthly fee or selling in game items,  they need to bring in the $ somehow.  Making new content is a way to keep the lights on, it also does help with old problems.  It just won't be apparent until after the dust settles from the new release.

17 minutes ago, Udam said:

i still have hope Heck the time for genesis part 2 is Next year on december I HOPE THEY HAVE BUGS FIXED BY THEN!

and im ok with the dlcs SE was great imo , l loved AB , extinction was ok (could have been better) and gen looks good!

and when the game fully came out i found little bugs (wished it stayed that way) 

I only have SE as a DLC but I love dinos from all of them, I was just meaning that I had that hope after each DLC was released and they still haven't done it, so...

5 hours ago, brenon45 said:

Think he must be new... All the old players know this still in ten fold for the past few years. XD

And yet you guys all still bought Genesis.   Keep paying for broken poop.  That'll make it better.

2 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Often, when they are building new content, they are improving their coding skills as they go along.  Sometimes the solutions they will come up with will improve older aspects of the game.  It's worth them working on new stuff.  Most of the complaints don't look at the economics of making a game.  They need some constant revenue stream to keep the servers on.  Since they aren't charging a monthly fee or selling in game items,  they need to bring in the $ somehow.  Making new content is a way to keep the lights on, it also does help with old problems.  It just won't be apparent until after the dust settles from the new release.

You know what would save money?  Hiring programmers that knew what the hell they were doing instead of sending down patches that don't work and that break 2 other things so that they're constantly wasting time and money fixing new issues and old issues that were supposed to be fixed in the first place.    Over a period of 4-5 years or however long this game has been out, that would have paid for a whole DLC if not more.

2 hours ago, Garet said:

And yet you guys all still bought Genesis.   Keep paying for broken poop.  That'll make it better.

You know what would save money?  Hiring programmers that knew what the hell they were doing instead of sending down patches that don't work and that break 2 other things so that they're constantly wasting time and money fixing new issues and old issues that were supposed to be fixed in the first place.    Over a period of 4-5 years or however long this game has been out, that would have paid for a whole DLC if not more.

2 hours ago, Garet said:

So easy to throw stones around.  I doubt they have the worst coders out there.  I’ve seen those and they don’t make sexy products.

Coding always produces bugs.  There is no program out there without flaws.  Not one commercially produced software is without bugs.

I’d like to see some of you try and find coders with the exact skill sets required for the game.  There’s all sorts of coding languages to know , and few will specialize in all the right ones.   I think some of us remember d2 too much to realize that back the. There was way less competition in the marketplace and they could charge even more for low quality games than they can get away with now in many respects.

its a new world as far as making games profitable,  and they have to keep it profitable, or else they close it down,  all your official work goes to your private server and most server communities will fail to stick together and maintain the same level of interaction as has been made possible on the official network.  Plus ,  then there would be absolutely no new patches and all existing bugs will be frozen in time for eternity.

so let’s let them keep the lights on and learn to how to live with the problems for now.  Or, go find a game you like and has no flaws.

The Desync then die thing you mention,  I’ve never seen in my nearly 8k hours of playing.   There’s plenty of bugs to list,  plenty of ways to lose all your gear and animals podded in you now.  Oh well. Breed more so you can afford to lose stuff.

2 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

So easy to throw stones around.  I doubt they have the worst coders out there.  I’ve seen those and they don’t make sexy products.

Coding always produces bugs.  There is no program out there without flaws.  Not one commercially produced software is without bugs.

I’d like to see some of you try and find coders with the exact skill sets required for the game.  There’s all sorts of coding languages to know , and few will specialize in all the right ones.   I think some of us remember d2 too much to realize that back the. There was way less competition in the marketplace and they could charge even more for low quality games than they can get away with now in many respects.

its a new world as far as making games profitable,  and they have to keep it profitable, or else they close it down,  all your official work goes to your private server and most server communities will fail to stick together and maintain the same level of interaction as has been made possible on the official network.  Plus ,  then there would be absolutely no new patches and all existing bugs will be frozen in time for eternity.

so let’s let them keep the lights on and learn to how to live with the problems for now.  Or, go find a game you like and has no flaws.

The Desync then die thing you mention,  I’ve never seen in my nearly 8k hours of playing.   There’s plenty of bugs to list,  plenty of ways to lose all your gear and animals podded in you now.  Oh well. Breed more so you can afford to lose stuff.

Dude.   Just stop defending crappy work.  Yeah, everyone makes mistakes.  The difference is, you're supposed to troubleshoot/test your work, and make sure it's you know... working?  And people who defend them are part of the problem.

People defended Bethesda for years, and look how that went.   Enough is enough.

And you know what?  Maybe they shouldn't be profitable.  Not buying a fun game because it has some bugs in it is extreme, but they've taken games to the extreme point, where day 1 patches are as big as the core game.

It's not going to get better until gamers start pushing back.

1 hour ago, Garet said:

Dude.   Just stop defending crappy work.  Yeah, everyone makes mistakes.  The difference is, you're supposed to troubleshoot/test your work, and make sure it's you know... working?  And people who defend them are part of the problem.

And you know what?  Maybe they shouldn't be profitable.  Not buying a fun game because it has some bugs in it is extreme, but they've taken games to the extreme point, where day 1 patches are as big as the core game.

Mate sadly you seem to think that gamers can make a difference but you are wrong. The world we live in now is where a game can launch like AC Unity and be basically unplayable but get patched down the line. In the case of ark the biggest of issues are ones that can't be fixed due to engine limitations (use the search function to find more info) and the new ones that crop up are yeah usually caused by patches which fixed a previous bug, however as plenty of devs have pointed out not just WC in house testing can only go so far and its when a patch goes live they find the issues cause players do all sorts of unintended things. 

Tldr The new world is the world where games get patched at the drop of a hat and nothing we do will change that so you need to change with the times and accept it.

1 hour ago, Garet said:

what exactly lol their games are great lol!!

2 hours ago, Garet said:

LOL that's debatable . alotta ppl in these forums seem to think that's its soo easy to fix/patch all these gamebreaking bugs I keep hearing about but I personally have no memory of any bug/glitch that even remotely hindered my game lol maybe a few of ya should go to school for these things and apply at these game companies make the difference change the gaming industry.

12 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

Mate sadly you seem to think that gamers can make a difference but you are wrong. The world we live in now is where a game can launch like AC Unity and be basically unplayable but get patched down the line. In the case of ark the biggest of issues are ones that can't be fixed due to engine limitations (use the search function to find more info) and the new ones that crop up are yeah usually caused by patches which fixed a previous bug, however as plenty of devs have pointed out not just WC in house testing can only go so far and its when a patch goes live they find the issues cause players do all sorts of unintended things. 

Tldr The new world is the world where games get patched at the drop of a hat and nothing we do will change that so you need to change with the times and accept it.

Patches aren't a problem.  Patches that are bigger than the game are a problem.  Gamers paying for broken poop and saying its ok  is a problem.

And yes you do have power to make a difference.  It's called don't buy the poop.

11 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

what exactly lol their games are great lol!!

Yeah, people just LOVE FO76, and they're not talking about Outer Worlds putting Bethesda to shame at all.

20 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

just play singleplayer/private server

I can't even play singleplayer.  The game even crashes often there. Honestly, I rarely experience crashes when playing online. 

The OP sounds like they're having lag issues. I encountered a lag spike every five minutes on NA Ragnarok 383. Started on an unofficial server and rarely ran into any since. Started a little less than a week ago and only ran into one spike that was as bad as one on the unofficial server.

If anything, the official servers need to have better performance.  Lag spikes every five minutes should NEVER be the norm for the official servers of ANY game.

33 minutes ago, Garet said:

Patches aren't a problem.  Patches that are bigger than the game are a problem.  Gamers paying for broken poop and saying its ok  is a problem.

And yes you do have power to make a difference.  It's called don't buy the poop.

Yeah, people just LOVE FO76, and they're not talking about Outer Worlds putting Bethesda to shame at all.

Everyone has their own opinion...I love fo76 as well lol when has any patch been 20+gigs? No broken poop on my game ?? Literally play 200 hours or so every 2 weeks lolz on official...

Archived