turrets and windmills

xXGrimReefer

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

make sure you are not more than 25 power lines out from the windmill. the windmill can only power up to 25 lines from itself.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

They can actually cover all the map. If it turns off, just demo any cable in the line and replace it. ?

12 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Look this thread carefully, you might find a workaround to that limitation. ?

Lol I missed that part. Any work around to cover it and for it to still power. People keep blowing some of them up but if I cover it it stops working. I have left the top of it out but it still stops working. Green energy all the way bud

The devs should fix windmills. If you use a windmill as primary, and generator as backup, if the windmill turns off due to lack of wind, the generator kicks in, but if the windmill regains wind, the generator will keeps running. Basically defeats the entire purpose of a windmill.

Maybe the devs did as a way to make people consume more gas for balance but here they are increasing the fuel storage on generators, and they already lasts weeks with a full tank so it doesn't really matter. Plus gas is super easy to make. The only risk I could potentially see is someone spamming turret towers that are super easy to power with almost no effort but again, windmills are super easy to destroy. 

Agree with OP.  Windmill generator work togethers got to frustrating for me.  Add official lag and omg just forget it. 

In my play I think I discovered something maybe.  This lines up with real life so I would be impressed if it was true.  But it might just be Ragnarok.  The higher up you go the more likely you are to find better wind.  Build a windmill as tall as an obolisk and you will get 100% wind.  Not experimented with it yet; when I was about to try I got trolled off my server (unofficial) by someone who falsely accused me of attacking their base (pve with some pvp enabled).  I was just trying to get a wild rex to my rex trap on another side of the map.  I marched him through a lot backyards on my merry way.  They thought (or pretended to think) I was leading it to their bases and called the entire server in on attacking me.  It was a human pack mentality.  I swear people make me sick sometimes.  This is what comes of teaching people Darwinizm; you think of yourselves as animals and have no higher standards than kill, crap, and mate.  So windmill experiment never happened as the admin kicked me from the server for something I did not do.  Feral beasts.

Archived