Broken Game / OSD´s & Element Node´s ( Despawn / PvE Farming Bug with Mantis )

Jogo solo no oficial estava em uma estrutura próxima a um terminal no deserto de extinção e simplesmente desapareceu todo o loot do inventário e matou me personagem no log da tribo consta como apagado por anti-malha gostaria dos itens de volta

Edited by JonasBlack150
Site mudou minha escrita tirando o sentido da mensagem
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The problem must finally be resolved by WildCard.

Some OSD or Element Nodes cannot be completed because some Corrupted Dinos get stuck on rock faces, but outside the render distance.
If you run from the render distance to eliminate the remaining dinos, the OSD or Element Node is despawned.

Please pass it on, it's getting annoying @Cedric@ZenRowe

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

GM has confirmed to us in tickets (twice) and I am quoting here directly from that response: 

"
As we stated, it is not a violation of the Code of Conduct.
The fact that you claim a vein does not mean other tribes or players cannot harvest it, even on PVE servers. So be mindful of that while doing element veins."

We were also told to 'secure the vein'. 

Would be happy to take requests on how you can secure a vein and be mindful in PVE (especially if you are solo) without kiting to kill anyone near the vein? Can't build on it as raiders have tek suits so they can get inside whatever you try and build so you can't build fast enough to stop them - so I guess the question is, what is the point of the claim mechanic? 

If it's not against the CoC to take a vein, even on PVE, fair enough - but why have a claim mechanic, if it is LITERALLY useless? It's clear that both drops and veins can be harvested by those who didn't claim - if you are waiting for a fix on this, this one isn't coming from  @ZenRowe @Cedric. The render bug is still incredibly frustrating so hope it does get eyes on it at some point but guess we are sol with claiming then. 

We have had a player literally stalk our tribe for days and just disrupt any vein/OSD we try to do and be abusive in chat, and that's not against the CoC, which is a shame apparently (despite language, stalking/harassing being expressly against the CoC and us assuming that on PVE, doing this was against game mechanics, because like good robots we trusted that the claim mechanic was actually used for something). 

I would petition to remove the claim mechanic from ext as it serves no purpose anymore (did it ever really?). Disappointed, but as usual, not surprised when it comes to WC. As a software developer dealing with cutting edge tech (I work in making holographic displays for doctors), I tend not to like leaving buttons or features in that give an impression of a feature or function that my code cannot support or won't, and unless I have explicitly written front/back end logic for it (and provided thorough user guidance with edge cases outlined/tested for) - but hey, each to their own I guess. 

Clearly the claim mechanic is also having issues with the render bug, so we're just not gonna claim anything anymore - and we'll just wait for other tribes to do veins now to make our lives easier I guess since days of another player doing this to us isn't considered bad. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 4:43 AM, Pali said:

Amazing how this is not fixed yet ... OSDs/Veins are impossible.

Great Job WC, you should get awarded for Worst Company ever!

@ZenRowe

So Wildcard published a fix for OSD and Element Veins

v313.52 - 09/28/2020

- Fixed OSDs and Veins not being destroyed when leaving render distance

They actually fixed it so it despawns even faster than it did before.  Quoting (from PC Bug Reports)

Hi @H3adSt0mp3r, there was a bug which was preventing those from destroying, which was what was fixed.

To be clear, OSDs and Element veins are intended to disappear when out of render.

I have never found anything in survivetheark bugs to support the existence of the bug referenced, but perhaps I missed it....