broken game Where the cheese are wildcard

LSMCtv

Where the ### are wildcard

So day 3. I got on yesterday and today. We have a bed in the middle of nowhere where we log out. Have to fast travel to load up. I just got disconnected while in base and yet again I can’t load up. And I have imprints due on my second batch of megalos after loosing the first 10 due to not being able to load up. Wildcard are still not responding to any of these issues either. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, LSMCtv said:

They also did a network update last night so someone is working but not talking to us. 

You said it all. Someone is working, and if they have to come update you every 5 minutes they won't progress. They sure are aware of the issues, and they sure are actively looking into it and are trying to resolve them as soon as they can. Give them time, be patient. They rolled out massive changes to improve the performance of the game, which caused some issues. That still doesn't change the fact that the intention were good, and that once they sorted out the other stuff the game will run better for everyone. In conclusion, let them work and they will update us once they made progress or push a new version once they are comfortable to do so.

4 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

You said it all. Someone is working, and if they have to come update you every 5 minutes they won't progress. They sure are aware of the issues, and they sure are actively looking into it and are trying to resolve them as soon as they can. Give them time, be patient. They rolled out massive changes to improve the performance of the game, which caused some issues. That still doesn't change the fact that the intention were good, and that once they sorted out the other stuff the game will run better for everyone. In conclusion, let them work and they will update us once they made progress or push a new version once they are comfortable to do so.

Never said I wanted an update “every 5 minutes” but in 3 days, now one has said anything, they did a network update but for all we know that could of been to add a missing colour to the even because there is no communication. Be patient? People work and this was their only chance at taking part in this event and as usual, wild card screwed up. There’s being patient and there’s letting people down. 

27 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

and they said nothing not one thing no one wants an update every 5 minutes but some communication would be nice rather than just being ignored as to what the actual issue is. it isnt hard to issue a statement like any dev team should do with their community who play their game its just a common courtesy .... flat out ignoring people wondering what is going on sure doesnt show a good picture or ensue consumer or gamer confidence in the product we play and all the work and time we put in to playing the game. everyone is justified to be not happy or outraged .... how this has played out without a single word said. 

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

we dont want an update every 5mins we want wc to actually answer n say theres a problem n give ppl a time frame of when it might be fixed instead of being silent and not giving a damn about the players , 3 days and nothing ,your the 1st mod to reply so we should think ourselves lucky? , the pc got updated with a bad patch so they fixed it before thanks giving holiday and yet they still patched the console version knowing full well it was bad and then went on holiday , no word or nothing till this post do u think thats acceptable when theres thousands of ppl loosing there stuff cos they cant login, wc answer use ticket system that system thats overwhlmed cos of all crap ppl ticket cos of all crap wc put out in middle of events or bugs that they never fix , there would be no need for a ticket system if things worked properly so as i said wc knew full well the patch was bad before they released it on console so why release n then go on holiday ? why ignore the full community? saying something is better than nothing dont u agree? , lets see how long a reply is or if this gets moved or deleted

also while were at it ppl have lost 3 days of event anything going to be done about that or is every1 going get get arked as usual?

should be extended by minimum of 4 to 5 days if its fixed in less than 4 or 5 and putting x4 instead of x2 u know as compensation for all crap we have to put up with , wc messed up big time i think u owe a lot of ppl dont u?

4 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

So, Invincible, you know I'm a fan of yours but I have to strongly disagree with that level of generosity in your thinking. The only reason they get away with so, so, SO many problem during rollouts is that this is a game with retail customers. If they had any customers that were businesses this would never fly, or even commercial productivity software for retail customers. The only reason that game companies get away with their (constantly) shoddy practices is that they are games. In most games it's not terrible, but in a game like this one, where players can lose thousands of hours of work (for a whole tribe) if they can't get into the game and keep things alive, it's nothing less than abusive.

WC created a game in which their players have to do constant maintenance, and that means there should be a publicly acknowledged burden on WC to be more careful, do better testing, significantly reduce their error rate, especially their critical error rate. In most games you don't lose anything, you just can't log in, but when things go wrong in ARK the results are a catastrophic abuse of peoples' time, WC should be held to a higher standard of dependability and being patient with them is not the right response.

28 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

So, Invincible, you know I'm a fan of yours but I have to strongly disagree with that level of generosity in your thinking. The only reason they get away with so, so, SO many problem during rollouts is that this is a game with retail customers. If they had any customers that were businesses this would never fly, or even commercial productivity software for retail customers. The only reason that game companies get away with their (constantly) shoddy practices is that they are games. In most games it's not terrible, but in a game like this one, where players can lose thousands of hours of work (for a whole tribe) if they can't get into the game and keep things alive, it's nothing less than abusive.

WC created a game in which their players have to do constant maintenance, and that means there should be a publicly acknowledged burden on WC to be more careful, do better testing, significantly reduce their error rate, especially their critical error rate. In most games you don't lose anything, you just can't log in, but when things go wrong in ARK the results are a catastrophic abuse of peoples' time, WC should be held to a higher standard of dependability and being patient with them is not the right response.

i second this, being someone who plays online on alot of games this is make 100% sense, ark is one of the very few games where u gotta be constantly online to maintain things. WC cant afford to have screw ups as 90% of the time if effects the players and not them. but they dont give a damn because it not them paying the price, so they can take their sweet ass time,  so while WC are taking their time and not even communicating to us on where the fixes are at, people are losing their sanity worrying on whether their s*** gonna be there. WC decided to make a game like this so now they have to work to the expectations required to run the game. However, WC have gotten their money so they decide to say screw u guys we are gonna do it our way. WC what u dont realise it the way you do things RN is not helping your rep, u expect us to keep buying more of your DLC's like genesis. well people are gonna stop supporting you because u cant support us, and to be able to support us u need to get your act together, pulls your heads out of your ass and reach expectation required to maintain and run ark. 

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Don't get me wrong; I totally understand that this is frustrating. All I was saying is that shit happens and asking for constant update while this is obvious they are aware of the issues is pointless. Now, could they improve the way they push updates? Certainly. Could they push updates without any issues whatsoever? Probably not. I'm sure they are testing every patches, but everyone know that something that works fine on a test environment doesn't means it will for everyone once it is live. And I totally agree that players should not be the ones suffering the consequences and lose progression. And they sure know it and would be unfair to say they haven't gotten better at it over the years as they have (e.g. when they disabled decay timers to help prevent decays, their support team that is now able to recover more than they used to, the public beta branches, etc.). They sure can still improve, and I'm sure they are doing everything they can do to so. If you are on officials, and lost stuff due to these issues, submit a ticket and I'm sure they can sort something out for you.

54 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Don't get me wrong; I totally understand that this is frustrating. All I was saying is that poop happens and asking for constant update while this is obvious they are aware of the issues is pointless. Now, could they improve the way they push updates? Certainly. Could they push updates without any issues whatsoever? Probably not. I'm sure they are testing every patches, but everyone know that something that works fine on a test environment doesn't means it will for everyone once it is live. And I totally agree that players should not be the ones suffering the consequences and lose progression. And they sure know it and would be unfair to say they haven't gotten better at it over the years as they have (e.g. when they disabled decay timers to help prevent decays, their support team that is now able to recover more than they used to, the public beta branches, etc.). They sure can still improve, and I'm sure they are doing everything they can do to so. If you are on officials, and lost stuff due to these issues, submit a ticket and I'm sure they can sort something out for you.

Me Personally from my original post, I wasn’t asking for “constant updates” just something to let us know they were aware and working on it. 4 days with no update from wildcard,  no devs communicate about it either. I get it’s an American holiday but it’s also a time where a lot of people on that holiday wanted to take part of this event and might of been their only chance. People lost stuff, I lost 60% on imprints and lost babies as did others. 1 tweet or post saying “we are aware of the issue and are working on it” would of been enough for me but we didn’t even get that. At least they have pushed an update that’s hopefully fixed it for the last 2 days of the event. 

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Don't get me wrong; I totally understand that this is frustrating. All I was saying is that poop happens and asking for constant update while this is obvious they are aware of the issues is pointless. Now, could they improve the way they push updates? Certainly. Could they push updates without any issues whatsoever? Probably not. I'm sure they are testing every patches, but everyone know that something that works fine on a test environment doesn't means it will for everyone once it is live. And I totally agree that players should not be the ones suffering the consequences and lose progression. And they sure know it and would be unfair to say they haven't gotten better at it over the years as they have (e.g. when they disabled decay timers to help prevent decays, their support team that is now able to recover more than they used to, the public beta branches, etc.). They sure can still improve, and I'm sure they are doing everything they can do to so. If you are on officials, and lost stuff due to these issues, submit a ticket and I'm sure they can sort something out for you.

Man this happens every day for a thousand of persons.

Just looking at the 4 last post on the forum:

3 People complaining because of a glitch/problem 

one guy having fun with admin commands, but on Unofficial servers. 
This just shows how the community is angry 

18 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Stop with that talk now. They don't communicate full stop but why should day they have bobs fighting the fights on the forums saying they do work and stuff gets done. 

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Where the cheese are wildcard
22 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Why are they making these changes and doing these kinds of updates during events?

Why not compile all these fixes and changes into one big patch and release it before Genesis launch in January?

Thus allowing more time to test internally.

7 hours ago, Demerus said:

Why are they making these changes and doing these kinds of updates during events?

Why not compile all these fixes and changes into one big patch and release it before Genesis launch in January?

WC would never do this as it would be the best option, thus they would ignore it and decide to do the worst option, also an idea i have had for a while is host test servers, servers were u release patches and all that before releasing it to the entire game, players can play on these servers not to progress but to simply test out the patches. now this is what WC should be doing themselves. that way instead of having these uncalled for screw ups WC can do things right.

6 hours ago, WarpSpasm said:

Because that would be a good and practical idea.

this made me laugh, its so funny but true.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, Demerus said:

I'd say for the same reasons you do your household daily and not once a year; it is much easier to fix small patches. The bigger the patches, the harder it is to find potential bugs they introduced. Especially when the patches are modifying core stuff of your code base such as networking and whatnot.

8 hours ago, Demerus said:

As stated above, it doesn't mean they didn't extensively test the patches; just that a patch can go wrong for multiple reasons that were not reproducible in a testing environment.

14 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I'd say for the same reasons you do your household daily and not once a year; it is much easier to fix small patches. The bigger the patches, the harder it is to find potential bugs they introduced. Especially when the patches are modifying core stuff of your code base such as networking and whatnot.

As stated above, it doesn't mean they didn't extensively test the patches; just that a patch can go wrong for multiple reasons that were not reproducible in a testing environment.

ok thats all fine and good makes sense to a certain degree but why during an event?

33 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I'd say for the same reasons you do your household daily and not once a year; it is much easier to fix small patches.

This is a terrible analogy.  When they patch something, the work doesn't just get undone because they chose not to release it publicly.  (well, it DOES but that's because they end up just breaking something else) It's not like dirt piling up.  With as many damn servers as they have out there, they should have several maps dedicated just to beta testing and people would be happy to play on them.  But yet we have Legacy servers for Valguero.

• Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, Demerus said:

ok thats all fine and good makes sense to a certain degree but why during an event?

That I can't tell. It indeed doesn't make much sense considering the players is at its peak and their staff at its low..

6 minutes ago, Garet said:

This is a terrible analogy.  When they patch something, the work doesn't just get undone because they chose not to release it publicly.  (well, it DOES but that's because they end up just breaking something else) It's not like dirt piling up.

The point I was trying to make with that analogy is that finding a bug in a massive patch would be like you searching your toothbrush in that mess:

news-12-11-norton-records.jpg

Much easier to find new bugs caused by an update when your patches are small.

Archived