bug Ark deleting my hardware drive?

Pynter

Ark deleting my hardware drive?

So thats not the first time ive had it... im playing ark since it has been out and at some point i stopped playing, one year ago i came back to it but everytime when launching the game and installing a few mods, it just deleted my (D:) drive... its just not there anymore... but i fixed it some how(dont remember how) but today im starting to play ark again but i have the same problem, ark deletes the disc somehow and after a while and a few pc restarts its back with all the files in it, but everytime i start ark again its gone? DILO is this problem? why is it not fixed yet? and how i fix it? (note: this is not a usb drive, this is only happening to me after i dont play the game for a while, my drivers and windows are updated, this is only happening with ark and my drive is not back for a few hours already).

7 hours ago, Pynter said:

So thats not the first time ive had it... im playing ark since it has been out and at some point i stopped playing, one year ago i came back to it but everytime when launching the game and installing a few mods, it just deleted my (D:) drive... its just not there anymore... but i fixed it some how(dont remember how) but today im starting to play ark again but i have the same problem, ark deletes the disc somehow and after a while and a few pc restarts its back with all the files in it, but everytime i start ark again its gone? DILO is this problem? why is it not fixed yet? and how i fix it? (note: this is not a usb drive, this is only happening to me after i dont play the game for a while, my drivers and windows are updated, this is only happening with ark and my drive is not back for a few hours already).

I would run chkdsk for checking disk errors, also defragment drive if its not an ssd. S.m.a.r.t data on disk for error messages and disk health might show something also. 

8 hours ago, Pynter said:

So for ARK to actually dismount an entire drive from your system, that would take a pretty crazy amount of work for the program to do.  Often times (not EVERY TIME, but the vast majority of the time), the simplest explanation is the best for issues like this.  It could be problems with the drive, problems with the power delivery, problems with the SATA cable, or a potential problem with the motherboard SATA header.  Also it's important to understand that the AGE of the hardware is completely, wholly irrelevant.  It doesn't matter if every component I listed is brand-spanking-new, they could still have a tiny break in some contact or a short in one of the many wires, and it would make your drive drop off of the device manager.

Take it from someone who returned 3 (that's right, three) warrantied sets of RAM to Corsair because they replaced a broken (but somehow brand-new) set of RAM with a different broken (but somehow brand-new) set of RAM, 3 times.  Fourth one worked without a hitch for 4 years, but the first, second, and third new sealed sets of RAM were all bad, after very careful installation and zero overclocking/timing alteration of any kind.

I would look at your hardware, honestly.

Archived