Wildcard is a joke.....

Fenllus

6 hours ago, Fukushu said:

Server crashes are often not even Wildcards fault. Dupers crash the servers to dupe their items even on PVE. It's done all the time and after Wildcard fixes one dupe exploit they will find another way. 

No unfortunately the problem going on right now is server side which is Wildcards issue that's effecting the player base...

They must have had a flood of tickets in the last 3 or so days.

Stop looking at WC and start looking at this huge community of players that paid for a broken game and continue to pay for a broken game.  Is the game fun?  Sometimes.  Maybe even the majority of the time.   But the state of the industry is this:  People are paying for broken games.  If you're going to keep paying for broken games, this is what you get.

8 hours ago, Fukushu said:

Server crashes are often not even Wildcards fault. Dupers crash the servers to dupe their items even on PVE. It's done all the time and after Wildcard fixes one dupe exploit they will find another way. 

It is unfair either way for people doing boss.

In scenarios such as this they should get teleported back. There is no reason to punish players as harsh for something that is out of their control.

They should gain nothing and lose artifacts and tributes, that's already punishing enough imho.

@deedoubleu @Garet  I fully agree, it happened to us as well before. We lost 20 dinos, saddles and equip because of heavy lags (180-250ping) boss bugged under the map a couple times and we were only fighting the manticore for 36+minutes because the dragon died in 2-3 minutes on ragnarok alpha. Island and Ragnarok are just too unstable and it's true that many game companies this days just put enough effort in a game to make it playable. 

If you look at the new star wars jedi fallen order, it's made by a AAA company but the game is very shallow. Minibosses you faced before are thrown at you like candy later on, very small enemy variation, no in-depth attribute or skillsystem, no weapon or armor upgrades, very basic Star Wars story, dumped down God of War combat system by the makers of the recent God of War BUT the game is still over 90% rating on steam and is even compared to games like Dark Souls. 

The industry doesn't have put much effort into games if people will praise garbage because they got fed even worse the last few years. 

Some of the best games are made by single person devs or very small groups who put their hearts into their games. Games like Terraria, rimworld, kerbal space program and many more.

We would probably have way better ARK nowadays if the creator of ARK didn't had to pay 40million $ lawsuit back in the day over ARK and sold himself out to the Chinese. 

Everything happened out of greed and nearly ruined the game. ARK could have been much more but I at least think and hope that the Dev team is doing their best with what they have. Stable servers should IMO be the top priority but I don't see that happening. I also do not understand the 70 max player count as the server can never handle that many players, not on PVP and even less on PVE.

Edit: I also have not found a statement of Wildcard explaining the selling of the company to the Chinese Snail Games but it's covered on many gaming news sites but if you are interested, this person put some stuff together: https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1326718197207256133/

2 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@deedoubleu @Garet  I fully agree, it happened to us as well before. We lost 20 dinos, saddles and equip because of heavy lags (180-250ping) boss bugged under the map a couple times and we were only fighting the manticore for 36+minutes because the dragon died in 2-3 minutes on ragnarok alpha. Island and Ragnarok are just too unstable and it's true that many game companies this days just put enough effort in a game to make it playable. 

If you look at the new star wars jedi fallen order, it's made by a AAA company but the game is very shallow. Minibosses you faced before are thrown at you like candy later on, very small enemy variation, no in-depth attribute or skillsystem, no weapon or armor upgrades, very basic Star Wars story, dumped down God of War combat system by the makers of the recent God of War BUT the game is still over 90% rating on steam and is even compared to games like Dark Souls. 

The industry doesn't have put much effort into games if people will praise garbage because they got fed even worse the last few years. 

Some of the best games are made by single person devs or very small groups who put their hearts into their games. Games like Terraria, rimworld, kerbal space program and many more.

We would probably have way better ARK nowadays if the creator of ARK didn't had to pay 40million $ lawsuit back in the day over ARK and sold himself out to the Chinese. 

Everything happened out of greed and nearly ruined the game. ARK could have been much more but I at least think and hope that the Dev team is doing their best with what they have. Stable servers should IMO be the top priority but I don't see that happening. I also do not understand the 70 max player count as the server can never handle that many players, not on PVP and even less on PVE.

Edit: I also have not found a statement of Wildcard explaining the selling of the company to the Chinese Snail Games but it's covered on many gaming news sites but if you are interested, this person put some stuff together: https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1326718197207256133/

~2 years ago I was playing on a cluster and island was always capped at weekends. 70/70. Rubberbanding was crazy ofc but kinda stable. Crashes were rare.

I don't like to think in terms "if only WC didn't... back then" and would prefer them to concentrate on now and slowly dig ark out.

@deedoubleu I also don't blame the dev team, I was trying to say that Snail Games is probably giving them resources to manage the game but it's probably not enough to fix it or have stable servers. 

The company ''Wildcard'' nowadays is not the same as back in the day. Wildcard is owned by a big Chinese company which most people don't even know. 

The company Wildcard shouldn't be treated as a small ''dev team'' like in the past. The normal workers are not at fault but the mother company which hides behind the developers and other workers because they are still the face of Wildcard.

12 hours ago, Fukushu said:

The company Wildcard shouldn't be treated as a small ''dev team'' like in the past. The normal workers are not at fault but the mother company which hides behind the developers and other workers because they are still the face of Wildcard.

I LOVE when people use the excuse that WC is small company after they split their damn team to go make Atlas.

@Garet the problem ist that most people don't even know that Wildcard is not Wildcard anymore but Suzhou Snail Digital Technology Co., Ltd.   

Wildcard is like bioware under EA. 

The thing that bothers me is that Wildcard seems to never have made a statement about the selling. Grinding Games Gear the makers of Path of Exile just recently sold 80% of their company to Tencent which I'm not happy about because we saw what happened to Riot Games over the years after Tencent bought 49% of Riot Games in the past and took over the whole company some time later.

Most people do not want to know or just ignore such things happening but Wildcard doesn't have the last word anymore in what is happening to the game, Snail Games can influence the game how they want to. ARK is a free to play game with p2w elements in China. There was never a statement or anything from Wildcard, do we play with together with those p2w players, are they on a different platform? 

Also this statement @Jatheish in 2016 after Wildcard was already sold to Snail Games they are trying to tell us that they have ''partnered'' with Snail Games 

Wildcard is not Wildcard anymore it's Snail Games and if you are angry don't hate the developers because they are probably trying their best with what Snail Games is providing them.

13 hours ago, Fukushu said:

if you are angry don't hate the developers because they are probably trying their best with what Snail Games is providing them.

I don't believe for a second they are doing "their best."

Failing to respond to people on their official web site, and instead taking time to go to third party sites like Twitter or Reddit are a perfect example of them not doing "their best."

A community manager who opens a dialogue and says he wants to have a conversation and then never responds to the thread again, and doesn't do what he says he's going to do by updating documents is not doing his best.

If this is their best they need to get out of the video game industry and let someone who knows what they're doing take their job.  The WC fanboys can hate on me all they want for speaking the truth.  I refused to buy Genesis and support this terrible studio, and I quit playing over a month ago.   But I still think about this game every day because I had to put so much time in it, it became a part of my life.  But my time wasn't valuable to WC.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:56 AM, Fenllus said:

Wildcard is a joke.....

This is a joke, server poop itself 3 times in the last hour. Did a boss fight 2 days ago got rolled back and our whole group has died somehow, lost all our gear, element and wrote a ticket no response. FIX YOUR GAME!!!!!!!!!!! People paid money for this game......

in my opinion single player is the only thing that you actually purchased?you don't pay for servers on official do you? nothings free you will endure the pain and suffering on official or play single player/unofficial this is the way of the raptor!!

20 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

in my opinion single player is the only thing that you actually purchased?you don't pay for servers on official do you? nothings free you will endure the pain and suffering on official or play single player/unofficial this is the way of the raptor!!

u also pay to be able to play this game. to be able to play this game whether it is offline or onlline, u have to pay for it. honestly the price of this game is absurd for its quality at its life stage. i am just glad i got a hard-copy version for $20 at the local video-game shop. paying 60-80 dollars for the game alone is not worth it, due to both the state of ark and WC reputation. if i was to buy ark now i would totally say F*** that because of WC. they are the ones responsible for arks current state in terms of bugs and quality, its not like we can remove bugs and glitches ourselves.

The thing is  you are not totally right, and not totally wrong,  you bought the game,  and you can use everything the game can offer right now.
Nothing is  preventing you to play solo or  unofficial or join another available official server,   for exemple.

You decide to play on an official server that is  not available at the moment.

Repairing server problems take time, and there can be more or less casualities depending on how the  backups are made, and the origin of the problem,  and as players we can't do anything  to make the process going faster so some people get  impatient and angry.

Official server are a free service they are providing,  maybe not a part of the game that you buy.

---> So be patient guys, yelling at Wildcard in the forum will change nothing.

Sure repairing the servers take time but they have a policy if you submit a ticket for lost items they don't replace them and just auto close your ticket. We did nothing wrong the server crashed anyone in their right mind would be like of course we will replace your stuff or at least give you the materials to remake the items you lost. If you have the eggs lets pop them and we will imprint them to 75% and fully mature them for you to compensate for your loss. Losing everything in a boss fight is weeks and hundreds of hours of prep time. And all these are things all within their power to correct, but they don't. To me it feels like they don't care, you're either going to play or your not either way they have already gotten your money.

2 hours ago, Aschran said:

The thing is  you are not totally right, and not totally wrong,  you bought the game,  and you can use everything the game can offer right now.
Nothing is  preventing you to play solo or  unofficial or join another available official server,   for exemple.

You decide to play on an official server that is  not available at the moment.

Repairing server problems take time, and there can be more or less casualities depending on how the  backups are made, and the origin of the problem,  and as players we can't do anything  to make the process going faster so some people get  impatient and angry.

Official server are a free service they are providing,  maybe not a part of the game that you buy.

---> So be patient guys, yelling at Wildcard in the forum will change nothing.

well being patient does not do anything either, they still decide to be retards. also i dont play official due to this. on unofficial servers u dont have to worry bout loosing everything because of WC. all this s*** that happens on the official servers during updates is all on WC. if they done their job properly they would not be constantly f***ing up. not only that but they are also so ignorant and rude that they cant even apologies about these kind of things. instead they try to bribe us into forgetting about it, hence the event extension. that wont compensate for the amount of time that was lost. lets put it into an easier perspective. say a country (ARK) has been invaded by terrorists (bugs, glitches etc, etc) the government (WC) decide to nuke the terrorists. they do so and in doing so they have wiped peoples homes (bases, resources, tame and so on ). now instead of doing the right thing and helping rebuild and compensate for THEIR!!!!!!!!!!! actions, they just ignore us and leave us to rebuild months of work. this happens everywhere. people decide to act apon something without considering what will happen and then boom. others have to pay. again, if WC done their job properly this would not happen. before some idiot says (in an innocent voice): there's no way for WC to test these kinds of updates. well guess what, that is where u are wrong. i suggested an idea in another thread to have test servers where WC post updates and fixes to see what happens. players then play on these servers to make sure everything is alright, since WC are so oblivious to realise mistakes they have made. sure this would not solve all the problems, but it would certainly solve alot of them. 

I play official and unofficial, and if  the official server I play on is down,  i will not think that WC are terrible or anything,  I mean,  I'm not a dev, I dont know how hard/easy it is to  make this working or if its even  directly their fault.

I just try to see the points on all sides,  and creating a forum subject named "wildard is a joke"  is certainly not smarter than what you believe they failed.

Also Its true  that if there is not one in place already,  setting system to  beta test certain updates with the community would certainly benefit WC.

I presume they test them internally  but that can be limited as we can see.

13 hours ago, Aschran said:

I play official and unofficial, and if  the official server I play on is down,  i will not think that WC are terrible or anything,  I mean,  I'm not a dev, I dont know how hard/easy it is to  make this working or if its even  directly their fault.

I just try to see the points on all sides,  and creating a forum subject named "wildard is a joke"  is certainly not smarter than what you believe they failed.

Also Its true  that if there is not one in place already,  setting system to  beta test certain updates with the community would certainly benefit WC.

I presume they test them internally  but that can be limited as we can see.

well WC had proven time and time again they cant even do their job and find the drugs, we are the ones that find the bugs

38 minutes ago, Donk67 said:

And now we're back to square one, time out issues again FFS...........

i kinda glad i am taking ab brake from ark as i dont have to deal with this kind of s***. feel srry for those who do have to deal with this. WC probs just sitting on their a**es smokin their pot boi.

they could not care less bout us

On 11/30/2019 at 2:51 PM, Garet said:

Stop looking at WC and start looking at this huge community of players that paid for a broken game and continue to pay for a broken game.  Is the game fun?  Sometimes.  Maybe even the majority of the time.   But the state of the industry is this:  People are paying for broken games.  If you're going to keep paying for broken games, this is what you get.

I only paid once, in Early Access, and then DLCs on sale in years past. Wildcard has gotten the minimum money from me, because they provided a game with minimal quality and that greatly impacts my enjoyment of it. 

FTR I am a subscription guy. I don't think 15 bucks a month is too much for something I play regularly, *so long as it's good quality and maintained that way*. And I was completely excited about this project.

Take 50.00 AAA purchase price + 15.00/mo for almost 5 years, and subtract what I actually paid, which is about 70 bucks for everything and it comes to about 800.00. That's how much money WC has lost from me alone because they didn't deliver a product that lived up to the expectations they set with me. 

Edit: not to mention that I didn't refer the game to any of the gaming groups I've been with over those years. Three to date, and one of them had 70 players in one game. Edit edit: forgot, they had a 30-person minecraft server too. I'm certain some of those people would have gone for Ark if I'd posted it in the Recommended Games thread on their forums.

13 hours ago, Milsurp said:

I only paid once, in Early Access, and then DLCs on sale in years past. Wildcard has gotten the minimum money from me, because they provided a game with minimal quality and that greatly impacts my enjoyment of it. 

FTR I am a subscription guy. I don't think 15 bucks a month is too much for something I play regularly, *so long as it's good quality and maintained that way*. And I was completely excited about this project.

Take 50.00 AAA purchase price + 15.00/mo for almost 5 years, and subtract what I actually paid, which is about 70 bucks for everything and it comes to about 800.00. That's how much money WC has lost from me alone because they didn't deliver a product that lived up to the expectations they set with me. 

Edit: not to mention that I didn't refer the game to any of the gaming groups I've been with over those years. Three to date, and one of them had 70 players in one game. Edit edit: forgot, they had a 30-person minecraft server too. I'm certain some of those people would have gone for Ark if I'd posted it in the Recommended Games thread on their forums.

I made sure to only get the game and doc on the cheap. They our a shallow company that has no respect for its player base and when I see some small efforts made to fix or update I know that it's only been done so that people can point to it and say see they do care. The massive unbalance of the mana was hilarious but 2 months of it so people buy dlc. Shallow, greedy and extremely incompetent.

• 6 months later...
On 12/1/2019 at 5:22 AM, LEDminer said:

I played Conan for over a year. I owned Ark longer than Conan and never opened it. I will tell you all this, a majority of crashing issues are not the devs. I have seen WC respond to their players. Fcom says nothing. There is nothing worse than running in Conan (pvec) with all your gear and you hit the dashboard. Your player keeps running 

Off the side of a cliff.  When you have to get to your stuff before some idiot does and or it disappears quickly. Much faster than ark (pve

You have to load into single player first because that game is a mess and eventually you might get your gear back. It's not so bad here. This is my first month and I have seen the dashboard only yesterday due to a problem with a corrupted file in aberration. They will, from what I understand be setting the game back eight hours as soon as they get the certs they need from where they need to have one. At least there is a light at the end. 

This is a big game. Keeping save data clean and some blue ray files clean in Xbox I'm sure helps. Wildcard has gone way beyond Funcom already with letting people know what's up. Any negative comments on the FC forums are deleted and the person is banned. How fair is that? 

Imagine working hard for your gear and loosing everything on you because of the failed server issues and you can't even write a ticket. For a long time, you couldn't complain about some jerk walling your base in because you killed him during PVP hours. 

Be happy you have a team who's quick to fix the problem. 

Archived