Paintable Marker Pebbles/Stones

Hirnsausen

Suggestion

P A I N T A B L E   M A R K E R   P E B B L E S / S T O N E S

It would be very useful to have a new natural item in Ark: the paintable pebble or stone.

USAGE
secret or obvious marker for player or tribe mates or alliance mates, decoration inside bases and in the wild

NATURAL COLOR
white

ATTRIBUTES
- can be found in rivers or around them
- size: like a regular stone, sizes can still vary a bit
- can be picked up
- can be placed anywhere - inclusive tables, crop plots, ceilings, etc.
- can be placed very close to each other if so desired
- can be painted
- accepts all colors well
- can be destroyed (yields 1 regular stone then)
- can be thrown to cause small damage where it impacts, or for fun ("who can throw farther away" games or "hit it" games)
- no specific skill required

EXAMPLE SCENARIO
The player dives into the river to collect a small number of those pebbles. back in the base, the player applies forest green dye to them. Then he goes away from his base, and uses these dark green pebbles to mark the path to a cave or to some important location. Hostile players have a hard time to discover those dark green painted pebbles, but the player and his tribe mates, knowing what to look for, have an easier time now to follow the right path.
A player can use pebbles of different colors as message, based on the order and amount of pebbles of a specific color.

SCULPTURE SKILL

For those who like arts, there could be a related, new skill: Sculpturing. To make a stone sculpture, one of the proposed pebbles is required, and a sculpturing tool. having this skill, the player can now shape different figures out of that pebble. It could become a small statue of the player, or the pebble could become a statue of one of the animals seen by the player, or one of a few abstract figures or shapes. All just in the same small height like the pebble. But again, pebbles come in different sizes. And like pebbles, the resulting tiny figures can also be painted in one color and be placed anywhere.

- - - Hey people, I put a lot of work and thoughts into this proposal. Please support it with your vote, that would be nice. - - -

3 replies to this server topic

Pretty cool and fun idea

But other than the sculpture, decoration, coding and playing around with tribemates I don't really think this idea is useful. Like Qwerty said, bases aren't hard to find.

Could be cool to add for some sort of event, maybe for an easter event? Seems kinda easterish to me right?

Archived