Disabling pick up all feature

catnip

- I dont like Pickup Nearby Items assigned to the F key.

- I dont like Pickup Nearby prioritizing pickup over my ability to access inventory.

- I'd like to assign pickup nearby to another key. The Drop key perhaps.

I been using F to access inventories since 2015, pressing F has been instinct for me for a couple years now. But since Pickup Nearby was added, I find myself picking up poop, instead of accessing inventories. F to access inventory would consistently work before (not anymore).

Like when they made X to toss shoulder pets, prioritized over Airbrakes. I still mourn the loss of my very first monkey, not a pleasent memory. Feels like they took a couple months before they changed that hardcoded keybind, so I will patiently wait that long if needs be, to get pickup all detatched from the F key.

Suggestion for change: What if Pickup Nearby was assigned to The Drop key. The drop key is used while inside an inventory. Pickup Nearby only happens when outside an inventory. If the drop key and the Pickup Nearby were the same key, I cant imagine any moment where the two actions would be in conflict. Correct me if I am wrong.

Please and thank you.

22 hours ago, KJD said:

i mean u eventually ill cap urself dropping all to floor and "F" it or whip it.

While I like the ability to pickup all nearby, I dont like the action conflicting with accessing inventories. Using the hotkey seems to prioritize pickup, I'm  not a fan of the choice of hotkey.

I wish that (Pickup Nearby's keybind was reassigned to an existing inventory-only keybind, like "O") was one of the listed upcoming changes.

./me picks up more poop and shouts outloud "gosh dang it" and presses F again to get into inventory. Then spams t and mouseover in inventory to dump poop.

My roomate irl has heard on more than one of these occasions asked me if I was ok.
I tell him what happened, and he makes a pun saying "well that sounds rather !@#tty" and we both laugh.

On 11/29/2019 at 8:02 AM, catnip said:

Is there any way to disable the pick up all feature for the f button, or assign that feature to a different key?

I've been using the F button to open inventory since 2015 and now find myself picking up unwanted items if I"m not careful thanks to this new feature.

+1 not everyone popcorns stuff all the time, not everyone does OSDs daily. I don't like picking up random poop because I was opening a light pet's inventory and missed the hitbox (glowtails are horrible for it). 

Another vote for using the Drop key instead (O on PC). Does that even do anything if the inventory is not open? 

Archived