Was there a patch slowed egg lay rate down or...

Jemcrystal

Was there a patch slowed egg lay rate down or...

... is this a bug glitch?  In the last three months give or take I have seen a dramatic reduction in the egg lay of my pets.  Now, I do not know if this is a broken game dynamic?  Or if it is in relation to moving your egg layers to another map/server?   Or if there is actually code in place that takes into account the age of dino?  

Now, I know about the oviraptor and I used to never use one.  I was like my pets lay eggs so much I do not need it.  But now.  I went and got this oviraptor and it changed NOTHING.  If anything, it has gotten worse.  They have that little egg lay symbol floating over their heads yet nothing.  No eggs at all.  And yeah I know about standing around the egg layers so that they remain in live time active.

So am I dealing with a legit bug?  Or was this intended to slow down breeders to prevent official dino pop server clogging?

My unofficials are also bad in the egg lay btw.  pc-pve

Oviraptor needs to be set to wander - stuff them with heavy items to keep them stuck still whilst wandering is true.

You also need to be within render distance for a decent flow of eggs to be created, apparently - considering it almost a 'Depression' mechanic. They just want to see their best pal...you.

If anything they seem to have boosted it at some point in the last year or so, it used to be really slow even with ovi boosted dinos, nowadays I have no problems getting eggs, currently have 5 mate/oviraptor boosted female yutys and have over 200 extraordinary kibble already made and around 60 or 70 eggs in the fridge

Server settings are 1x egg laying interval so that's not boosted, one thing I think makes a difference for me is the breeding settings are boosted and I spend a lot of time running around my base imprinting and checking when dinos are ready to mate again etc, just seems every time I go past my yutys or therizinos there's eggs, might just be a placebo effect where I'm always busy so seems faster compared to just going afk for 20 mins then coming back to nothing?

Archived