Making Server Settings Adjustments

DeHammer

Making Server Settings Adjustments

In addition to the couple of dedicated servers I join, I also have several non-dedicated games that I play on my PC locally. 

The first time I setup a local Ragnarok game, I adjusted the setting 'Allow Flyer Carry PVE'. By default it's unchecked, and I checked it. Then I started a non-dedicated session on Ragnarok. Unfortunately, flyer carry wasn't allowed still. I ended up restarting the server & making the change over and over and over again, until finally it stuck at some point. 

AllFlyerCarry.JPG

Now I'm running a local non-dedicated game on 'Extinction' and running into the same problem. Except this time the setting just doesn't want to stick at all.

So I researched how to edit the 'GameUserSettings.ini' file. I change the 'AllowFlyerCarryPvE=False' line to read 'AllowFlyerCarryPvE=True' and save the file. I open the file and verify the settings change saved; yup! When I start the game, I noticed that the check box setting is now checked! Hurray! Except when I start the game the in game admin manager says 'AllowFlyerCarryPvE=False', and sure enough... no flyer carry. So I exit the game completely and check the 'GameUserSettings.ini' file that I edited. It now says  'AllowFlyerCarryPvE=False' again.

AllFlyerCarry2.JPG

What the heck is going on? How are you supposed to reliably make server settings changes?

Doing a Google check, evidently there have been problems with this particular setting 'AllowFlyerCarryPvE=False' as long as the game has been around. 

I even tried editing the 'GameUserSettings.ini' file then setting it to 'read only'. When I run the game, it still doesn't allow flyer carry in PVE, but when checking the file again afterwards, this time it wasn't able to change it and the 'GameUserSettings.ini still says 'AllowFlyerCarryPvE=True'. Of course, what good is that when the game seems to ignore it anyways....

Archived