Sign in to follow this  
merandoo

A Turkey just killed ALL of my dino's in my absence

On 11/28/2019 at 11:07 AM, Fukushu said:

Walls don't always help, I would suggest to build a platform instead of directly building on the ground.

Dinos still spawn inside bases but if your base is set up higher they won't. (Not that this should be the case but the game engine is not made for this game).

It is possible for dinos to spawn in mid air too, but I agree with what you're saying. It doesn't hurt to be higher up off the ground. Less chance of things to spawn inside your base if you're dangling from a cliff lol.

On 12/3/2019 at 2:55 AM, Noa said:

I'm raising new baby rex right now, come  to 345 ( Official server theisland345) and see by yourself.

Btw is not top, people on our and many other servers have even better.

I mostly just wanted to confirm it was on standard settings, rather than being boosted or something. 

23 hours ago, ArkRage said:

It is possible for dinos to spawn in mid air too, but I agree with what you're saying. It doesn't hurt to be higher up off the ground. Less chance of things to spawn inside your base if you're dangling from a cliff lol.

You are absolutely right. I made my base during beta on uneven ground and didnt rebuild it since. Made it 3-6 pillars high above the ground, on the far side even higher. For years I have dinos spawning inside (my base is at a river bank). Strangely, from the mix of dinos spawning around there had never been a carnivore, mostly phiomia, oviraptor and sometimes parasaur. I have a lot of theries, raptors, carnos and alpha versions spawning outside tho, sometimes even rex/alpha rex. One time I had a wild ovis chilling with my yuties inside. The only dangerous thing for the last 4-5 years was a wild chalico. But NEVER a carnivore or theri (god bless).