A Turkey just killed ALL of my dino's in my absence

merandoo

23 hours ago, ArkRage said:

It is possible for dinos to spawn in mid air too, but I agree with what you're saying. It doesn't hurt to be higher up off the ground. Less chance of things to spawn inside your base if you're dangling from a cliff lol.

You are absolutely right. I made my base during beta on uneven ground and didnt rebuild it since. Made it 3-6 pillars high above the ground, on the far side even higher. For years I have dinos spawning inside (my base is at a river bank). Strangely, from the mix of dinos spawning around there had never been a carnivore, mostly phiomia, oviraptor and sometimes parasaur. I have a lot of theries, raptors, carnos and alpha versions spawning outside tho, sometimes even rex/alpha rex. One time I had a wild ovis chilling with my yuties inside. The only dangerous thing for the last 4-5 years was a wild chalico. But NEVER a carnivore or theri (god bless).

• 11 months later...
On 11/28/2019 at 1:07 PM, Fukushu said:

Walls don't always help, I would suggest to build a platform instead of directly building on the ground.

Dinos still spawn inside bases but if your base is set up higher they won't. (Not that this should be the case but the game engine is not made for this game).

Turkey paratroopers falling from the sky would like to welcome you to Aberration.

The DEVS could, SHOULD consider using a system they have had in place for ages. If you have "Enablesingleplayer=TRUE" the turkeys should be reduced in HP greatly. in SP most people dont have ludicrous bred dinos with 100k health and thousands of DPS. To each his own, but personally I LOATHE the thanksgiving event.

My 1st gen bred rexs have like 9k health and 441% damage and when leveled a bit they got to 25k health and like 1600% damage. It takes me no less then 5-6 mins to kill one of those worhless turkeys for 2 wishbones. With that math it would take 16hours to have enough to summon a Dodorex which again on SP is basically worthless. Top all that with the 8 days you have to try and assemble those 400 wishbones. They should check for that SP flag and they turkeys should have less health/armor and more wishbones. personally i'm running my game with "activeevent=none" right now because aside from the colors it's not worth the hassle.

On 12/6/2019 at 11:51 AM, Herbapou said:

A turkey sneaked into my base because I left a door open while gathering stones.  I have about 20 plant X in the middle of the base, they killed it pretty quickly and it didn't touch my dinos fortunately.

I only have like three, on the outside of my base, saw a dead turky next to them earlier....

Archived