A Turkey just killed ALL of my dino's in my absence

merandoo

This has to be the most moronic game feature ever. The devs clearly only care about well established players that can fight them. For the rest of us its just a bad joke.

I was off taming nearby. I am guessing a seagull attacked a tame and once the area attack from a trike hit the turkey it aggroed and murdered everything.

Thanks for nothing 

There's no need to restart. Just spend some time working on your base before you tame anything else. I find one of the top mistakes newer players make is neglecting their base because yes it can be a little bit dull and grindy, especially before you get any harvesters. But if you can't protect your tames, you might as well not tame them at all because they're just going to die. In particular, keep your smaller tames like dodos inside. Seagulls will aggro and kill them. They'll actually pick them up and carry them away. A shelter for them and a basic fence, even wood, around the rest of your animals, will increase the safety of your base by quite a huge margin. Then once you get leveled up and access to better tames you can expand as you go, definitely upgrade to stone as soon as possible, at least for your exterior walls.

The turkeys are just stronger than any normal dino, even mutated lines can't kill them because of their resistance. (Player weapons, Gigas and mana breath kill them quickly) You wouldn't normally need any protection in PVE but some people tend to grief others, that's normally the only reason for people to bunker themselves in PVE. (Other than building near a giga spawn or directly next to wyverns).

I have seen many open bases with dinos standing outside, it only becomes a problem when a lvl 250 monster turkey starts eating your rexes or another person chooses to grief you.

8 hours ago, merandoo said:

This has to be the most moronic game feature ever. The devs clearly only care about well established players that can fight them. For the rest of us its just a bad joke.

I was off taming nearby. I am guessing a seagull attacked a tame and once the area attack from a trike hit the turkey it aggroed and murdered everything.

Thanks for nothing 

I feel your pain, a turkey dropped into my aberr base lastnight while i was feeding everything. it took 3 velo turrets and me hitting it with my 1200 dmg imprinted spino almost 2 minutes to kill it. 

Definitely broken.

I believed that when you are off line you have so called "off line protection" and that dinos are too protected but seem his is not  a case.

My rex ( bos rex 60k HP, 1900 dmg young and growing imprinted 100%) was killed until i was off line, He had  " attack your target" setting.

Log file don't have info what killed it, just that was killed.

On beach where rarely big predators roam. ( mostly dodo , pasaurr and similar  is there)

Yea probably gift from devs with this event.

I agree with the people that say to box in your dinos. on PVE servers i never leave anything alone and unattended that is not inside a structure completely composed of player made structures (because bronto tails can hit through alot of natural prop pieces that are used to build maps) or in a cryopod inside of a container that is equally protected.

On 11/29/2019 at 12:08 AM, Kodking194 said:

i honestly not sure what u guys are complaining about. turkeys are weak and so easy to kill. i killed one with a trike just by knocking it away. also cant imagine how u guys would react to the old turkeys. now they were monster forces to be reckoned with

You are such a pro. I want to be your friend sir.

On 11/29/2019 at 8:07 AM, Noa said:

I believed that when you are off line you have so called "off line protection" and that dinos are too protected but seem his is not  a case.

My rex ( bos rex 60k HP, 1900 dmg young and growing imprinted 100%) was killed until i was off line, He had  " attack your target" setting.

Log file don't have info what killed it, just that was killed.

On beach where rarely big predators roam. ( mostly dodo , pasaurr and similar  is there)

Yea probably gift from devs with this event.

60k hp and 1900 melee?? Is that even possible on standard settings?

7 hours ago, Noa said:

I'm raising new baby rex right now, come  to 345 ( Official server theisland345) and see by yourself.

Btw is not top, people on our and many other servers have even better.

Hmm my Rex are born level 363 .39.4khp 1149 melee at hatch those points don't add up if it is hatched at these stats 60khp 1900melee? 

On 12/3/2019 at 4:19 PM, Lycan187u said:

Hmm my Rex are born level 363 .39.4khp 1149 melee at hatch those points don't add up if it is hatched at these stats 60khp 1900melee? 

No baby have about 33 k hp  but once maturated, imprinted and added points will be at 60k hp full grown.

Well  baby was level 341 and damage like your about 1200 now is maturated i added points as he get them now is at 61k hp and 1850 damage and will be 40 points more to add as he get them.

Btw i did support ticket about killed rex and send pics log file and such.

I didn't got answer what happened with offline protection but they offered me to giver me new dino.

But they can give max level  201  with unknown stats, gender, no mutations and on top not imprinted.

So i have sent them pic with stats of new baby and asked to close case as i don't need their dino.

On 11/28/2019 at 9:39 AM, merandoo said:

Thanks for nothing 

I'm sorry I lol'd only because this happened to my friend as well. He didn't think much to it and attacked it, 1 hit he was dead and all dinos got killed as well. I could not stop laughing on my Argy xD 

Morale of the story: don't attack Turkey's

Archived