No bases? SERVERS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.

captyarrr

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AndrewLB said:

The game saves every 15-20 minutes. There was a final save when the server rebooted. It will likely be that save since they already stated the patch is what is buggered. If somehow that save got corrupted, then they'd roll back to the previous save, approx 15 minutes earlier. The chances of that being corrupted are next to zero since it hasn't been loaded with the buggered update. I've played this game since 2015, this isn't my first rodeo. If you think this is bad, you should have played during the first couple years during early access.

Oh I can only imagine. Yes, I know how rollbacks work. I was a database system admin for 12 years. I did a few myself. I'm just hoping the saves are not corrupted. Knowing WC, they probably are. :(

1 minute ago, Razen said:

Even if they do a rollback, not everyone is on same timezone, whoever left their babies out or cryoed them will have issues if rollback will be before they done it. Most might be sleeping or away from game for few hours. There will allways be a lost on stuff

Yes, this is exactly what I said. It's Thanksgiving, people are with families, prob just checking on stuff and leaving for hours, checking back. They are the ones that will be screwed. There will be a rollback. Sucks for them :(

1 minute ago, Mavrick88 said:

Oh I can only imagine. Yes, I know how rollbacks work. I was a database system admin for 12 years. I did a few myself. I'm just hoping the saves are not corrupted. Knowing WC, they probably are. :(

Trust me, i'm the last person who wants to defend wilcard... but a lot of the frantic comments in this thread are baseless. Being a database admin, you of all people should know how redundant systems function. The chances of the update corrupting the save is low since a copy is made of the backup prior to it being loaded so there is an untouched version. Even if that did happen, the previous save would still be there to use once the patch gets patched. which of course again will get patched. *sigh*. But yeah, they screwed up bigtime, and for that they definitely deserve the complaints. It's just not as bad as people make it out to be.

1 minute ago, Razen said:

Even if they do a rollback, not everyone is on same timezone, whoever left their babies out or cryoed them will have issues if rollback will be before they done it. Most might be sleeping or away from game for few hours. There will allways be a lost on stuff

They should not do rollback because its they fault, not testing patch before put it in live and many times have this issue like put up test server or something and now result is that people will lost stuff because wildcard.

Archived