No bases? SERVERS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.

captyarrr

1 hour ago, AndrewLB said:

You dont have to be American to appreciate the concept of taking time in your life to have a meal with friends and family and be thankful for what you have. Thats what the spirit of thanksgiving is. all the other crap is the commercialization of it. 

I'm the one who started the "thanksgiving" bit, and yes, that was my sentiment. Relax, everything will be fine. The update glitch seemed to be stressing a few people out a bit. Wasn't trying to be north american centrist, but of course us people from the states can't help ourselves ?

Wow, just read some of the responses I generated. That Thanksgiving is a christian holiday. To me, it is just about eating too much and sitting back on the coach and wondering why I ate so much ?

Oh, and seeing relatives you would normally never see.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

The fact that you've never heard of the term isn't particularly surprising.

Forcing one's own belief (a western cultural/belief institution built upon separatist christian values ) upon the others in the forums who may or may not be a part of that history and belief system or culture is the problem here.  That's very much westrocentrism in play, my dude. Implicit bias is still bias, intended or otherwise.  And it still does damage, intended or otherwise.

WildBill implied that people should not be upset because a game is not working, and should instead be grateful about Thanksgiving. His very statement passed negative judgement on those who were justifiably upset that the game is negatively impacting them.  He is implying that:

1) All people on the forums, regardless of location, culture, customs, historical precedent or anything else should be celebrating a very western, traditionally very christian holiday.

2) They are morally wrong for holding the game as more important than the celebration of said holiday

Essentially he was attempting to invalidate people's valid complaints that this game is not working and that the mass patches. Me being nice, or not, is irrelevant. I wasn't the one attempting to hijack the conversation and pass my own values and judgments onto other people.  People being unhappy that the game is not working and is destroying their hard work (babies dying, etc) is valid.  Any conversation about Thanksgiving is invalid.

People were being completely irrational about what was going on with the screw up.

And FYI, being thankful for what one has, regardless of it being the principal behind Thanksgiving, is not exclusively western or Christian. I've read the New and Old Testament, the Quran, the Hindu Shurti, and the Buddhist Sutras and this concept is a part of every one of them. The only  group where this is not would be modern Atheism. Nobody is forcing you to do anything btw. But the fact remains that you're playing a game made by western company in the United States which celebrates our Holidays that are recognized by our Federal Government.  If you don't like it and it offends you as much as you claim, then take a hike. Clearly you hate everything that doesn't conform to your own societal norm. You sound like you were indoctrinated by an American University, which i find amusing that you'd even attend one with views such as yours.  I on the other hand have spent my life learning and appreciating other cultures and religions because they all have aspects to embrace to make me a better person.

you all must be delusional with as many times as i've been told patches only happen on tuesday and only around 12-1pm PST!

sounds like wildcard finally found a way to kill the game. Good job guys play testing your patches before releasing.   Typical really, never test their coding changes before tossing them out there live at everyone.  not the first  time, won't be the last.

The real question is - sense everyones bases / dino's seem to of  gone missing, how much of a rollback will there be, and how many bases will instantly decay, dino's die, players lose tribe ownership,  like with the last time something like this happened.

2 hours ago, wildbill said:

To me, it is just about eating too much and sitting back on the coach and wondering why I ate so much ?

where I’m from , we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, and although I’m fully aware of his meaning and celebration , this is the most truthful thanksgiving explanation I ever seen . 

kudos to you ???

7 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

The fact that you've never heard of the term isn't particularly surprising.

Forcing one's own belief (a western cultural/belief institution built upon separatist christian values ) upon the others in the forums who may or may not be a part of that history and belief system or culture is the problem here.  That's very much westrocentrism in play, my dude. Implicit bias is still bias, intended or otherwise.  And it still does damage, intended or otherwise.

WildBill implied that people should not be upset because a game is not working, and should instead be grateful about Thanksgiving. His very statement passed negative judgement on those who were justifiably upset that the game is negatively impacting them.  He is implying that:

1) All people on the forums, regardless of location, culture, customs, historical precedent or anything else should be celebrating a very western, traditionally very christian holiday.

2) They are morally wrong for holding the game as more important than the celebration of said holiday

Essentially he was attempting to invalidate people's valid complaints that this game is not working and that the mass patches. Me being nice, or not, is irrelevant. I wasn't the one attempting to hijack the conversation and pass my own values and judgments onto other people.  People being unhappy that the game is not working and is destroying their hard work (babies dying, etc) is valid.  Any conversation about Thanksgiving is invalid.

Awww did I hit a nerve?you do realize the pilgrims are Europeans?when you say westrocentric you assume wild Bill is from the west wouldn't you say?I mean his name does have a that Western vibe lolz but to throw such a fuss on a game forums about the holiday a country has is a little melodramatic wouldn't you say?what happened in America during the so called Thanksgiving was not all turkeys and Christianity as you state .yes we all have had our issues on this patch .wild Bill wasn't implieing anything about anyone in his statements was meant to say let's all chill take a break either it be Thanksgiving or harvest or haunika your 100% right does not matter.      Crap happens. Bad patches roll out .ppls bases get wiped.dinos die sounds like ark to me. another day another dino.poopity poop poop ranting isn't solving anything.the entitlement. The negativity towards the devs/mods here in these forums amazes me .

Jesus you people suck. How dare someone explain why Thanksgiving isn't important to the entire world! Burn the witch at the stake! Leave the dude alone. Go enjoy Thanksgiving if you want and let other people be annoyed they can't play their game if they want. It wasn't even Thanksgiving yesterday, it's today. Imagine calling somebody a snowflake because they try to explain why an American/Christian holiday doesn't apply to everyone. As an American, I fully hate all of you jumping down that guy's throat, and this is why I play EU servers. Instead of being massive sausages to someone you don't agree with, why not just consider what they say and if you don't like it... What he said has literally no impact on your life in any way! Just because one person on the internet said Thanksgiving doesn't matter to everyone doesn't mean you still can't go and enjoy it to relieve your stress from this incident :D

Archived