No bases? SERVERS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.

captyarrr

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, captyarrr said:

Or why update EU servers at this hour? 5 am EU time is way better. Way less forumposts, way more time to patch the patched patches then.

And then it would be in prime time of some other area of the world. No matter when you do the patches, someone will complain for it being wrong time.

18 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

Wildcard has a team of official game testers who do the Quality Assurance of updates. Some are in-house, others are volunteers.

LMFAO

Either it's a bunch of circus monkees and people need to be fired. How the hell do you miss seeing having everything wiped???

Are you paid by WC to cover their incompetent asses?

6 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

LMFAO

Either it's a bunch of circus monkees and people need to be fired. How the hell do you miss seeing having everything wiped???

Are you paid by WC to cover their incompetent asses?

Nothing was wiped. It just wasn't loading in due to a problem with the patch. If you looked at my post history you'd see i'm one of wildcards biggest critics. I just know from experience when and what to complain about. And behaving like you would make me look like a complete idiot.

18 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

lol??"Westocentric" refers to thinking that Western beliefs, attitudes, and values are superior to others.... lol I don't see this in that statement?not very nice caerbannog ;p. i had to google it lol never heard the term^^

The fact that you've never heard of the term isn't particularly surprising.

Forcing one's own belief (a western cultural/belief institution built upon separatist christian values ) upon the others in the forums who may or may not be a part of that history and belief system or culture is the problem here.  That's very much westrocentrism in play, my dude. Implicit bias is still bias, intended or otherwise.  And it still does damage, intended or otherwise.

WildBill implied that people should not be upset because a game is not working, and should instead be grateful about Thanksgiving. His very statement passed negative judgement on those who were justifiably upset that the game is negatively impacting them.  He is implying that:

1) All people on the forums, regardless of location, culture, customs, historical precedent or anything else should be celebrating a very western, traditionally very christian holiday.

2) They are morally wrong for holding the game as more important than the celebration of said holiday

Essentially he was attempting to invalidate people's valid complaints that this game is not working and that the mass patches. Me being nice, or not, is irrelevant. I wasn't the one attempting to hijack the conversation and pass my own values and judgments onto other people.  People being unhappy that the game is not working and is destroying their hard work (babies dying, etc) is valid.  Any conversation about Thanksgiving is invalid.

My Juvi Fire Wyvern is alive and safe in a Cryopod now. Imma stay online in the server cause sometimes servers go down to a time before I cryopodded.

P.S. As someone whose autistic, and being very vocal about the disservice stigma has on having a different brain type than the neuraltypical... I am thrilled for the future where comments using mental illness as some kinda shock humor will be a thing of the past. In many places, it already is in the past.

Hsssss

As the issues with the servers being offline is over, Might I suggest this topic get closed. Just a suggestion.

My virtual flappause for the Wildcard team getting servers back online and functional. Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

You don't get sarcasm I see.

And tell me how having nothing load is a sign your patch is working without problems??? Still don't get how that validates that "QA" you mentioned over at WC.

When did i say anything about this patch working without any problems. I clearly stated it was NOT working, was not loading and its being worked on. I also stated i was surprised how a problem like this can get past their QA people.

And there was no sarcasm. You clearly accused me of being bought and paid for by Wildcard for being objective and not a raving lunatic like you're behaving. One of these days you should try acting like you would in real life when dealing with others online, because if you actually did behave like this normally it wouldn't last long for obvious reasons.

Archived