No bases? SERVERS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.

captyarrr

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lack of information on why there are so many patches the last few day makes me wonder. Like what is the patch for ? last post for a patch was 302.41

Current Version: v302.41 - 11/25/19 Fixed issue with HUD visibility on OSDs Fixed instance where cryopods could fall through mesh the patch for these two things has turned the last few days into patch mania.

1 minute ago, Justa said:

The lack of information on why there are so many patches the last few day makes me wonder. Like what is the patch for ? last post for a patch was 302.41

Current Version: v302.41 - 11/25/19 Fixed issue with HUD visibility on OSDs Fixed instance where cryopods could fall through mesh the patch for these two things has turned the last few days into patch mania.

Looks like an intern is watching the fort...

2 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

Most of this event just cut and pasted from the event in previous years.

Halloween was a bit of a suprise of stuff. Some intended, some not...
The autumn colored trees are really nice, and I'm surprised they appeared on Val too, with my experience on Center being skipped over a year or two, it looks rather pretty.

Some of the unintentional stuff... Raptors by the thousands. Good source of XP for my boss rexes tho. Very nice.

3 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

Halloween was a bit of a suprise of stuff. Some intended, some not...
The autumn colored trees are really nice, and I'm surprised they appeared on Val too, with my experience on Center being skipped over a year or two, it looks rather pretty.

Some of the unintentional stuff... Raptors by the thousands. Good source of XP for my boss rexes tho. Very nice.

The autumn trees is not a new thing. They've done that in past years. The same goes for the upcoming christmas event where at least on the island, they've covered the whole map with snow. First time they did that was in 2015 and boy was that an initial screw up. The whole map was super cold for the first day and anyone who was new to the server would just die from freezing. lol.

13 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

Intentionally misquoting me is silly. I was responding to the person who implied that everyone should enjoy an American holiday by taking a few hours off ark. It's a very westrocentric statement.

lol??"Westocentric" refers to thinking that Western beliefs, attitudes, and values are superior to others.... lol I don't see this in that statement?not very nice caerbannog ;p. i had to google it lol never heard the term^^

Just now, Faria said:

My question is, why don't they give more notice on patches? Some people could be in the middle of, let's say, overseer fight when the server announcements give the warning, so it would be nice if they gave at least a two hour notice for when the servers will be taken down for patches. 

Or why update EU servers at this hour? 5 am EU time is way better. Way less forumposts, way more time to patch the patched patches then.

2 minutes ago, farfraumwerkn said:

One day they will create a test bed server, just not this day.

*sigh*

People not reading the thread before posting.

Ill repeat..... Wildcard has a team of official game testers who do the Quality Assurance of updates. Some are in-house, others are volunteers. I believe all the mods on this forum are testers as well. (runs and hides from GP)

But the fact of the matter is, not everything can be caught in testing and stuff slips through. This screw up though, is different. Kinda hard to miss a problem in this case.

2 minutes ago, Fugz said:

had 10 baby giga out had enough meat to last bit longer than the 15 min but not this long

Again... game time is not progressing since the servers initially went offline. Even when they came back online and were buggered, none of that time matters. Its all going to roll back to when the servers went down initially. the only thing you gotta worry about is getting back on when they're fixed since time begins again when they do.

2 minutes ago, Faria said:

why don't they give more notice on patches? Some people could be in the middle of, let's say, overseer fight when the server announcements give the warning, so it would be nice if they gave at least a two hour notice for when the servers will be taken down for patches. 

I wish I knew too, but idk what good it would do to know.

I too wish there was more warning. Many other games give hours, sometimes days before updates. And with how time-sensitive (and lengthy) some ark tasks can be, an hour still isnt enough, when some tames could take 7+ hours, depending on what food you have to use on it.

I would like more window of time between warning and the scheduled outtages, not just in-game either (as some of us are tabbed out or AFK, and cant see/hear the in-game message).

I can hope, but... experience has taught me I best not waste my energy. My spoons are limited.

Archived