No bases? SERVERS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.

captyarrr

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sleiva said:

They should not do rollback because its they fault, not testing patch before put it in live and many times have this issue like put up test server or something and now result is that people will lost stuff because wildcard.

Indeed , both parties will lose , the people who have babies and the people who maybe found something in the last 10-15mins .

1 minute ago, AndrewLB said:

Trust me, i'm the last person who wants to defend wilcard... but a lot of the frantic comments in this thread are baseless. Being a database admin, you of all people should know how redundant systems function. The chances of the update corrupting the save is low since a copy is made of the backup prior to it being loaded so there is an untouched version. Even if that did happen, the previous save would still be there to use once the patch gets patched. which of course again will get patched. *sigh*. But yeah, they screwed up bigtime, and for that they definitely deserve the complaints. It's just not as bad as people make it out to be.

Na, I know what you're saying. It's pretty crappy to deal with all of this though. Not for me. For everyone. This has got to be embarrassing for someone at WC. I mean, this is bad. This is like newbie database admin, first time job, bad. These guys make bank, it's a very popular game. I guarantee they are paid very well. This is very embarrassing for a company like this.

Just now, AndrewLB said:

Its why i said "should". Could take longer. At least it shows they're working on the problem. Or they just wanted to stop people from logging in and seeing its broken, then complaining here. lol.

If you've played since 2015. And update failure like this, you know it's going to be more than a few mins :P. I'm just picking on you anyway. I guess we are all just bored now that Ark is down and we actually have to go do RL stuff now. I forgot how to talk to real people! :P haha

Just now, Mavrick88 said:

Na, I know what you're saying. It's pretty crappy to deal with all of this though. Not for me. For everyone. This has got to be embarrassing for someone at WC. I mean, this is bad. This is like newbie database admin, first time job, bad. These guys make bank, it's a very popular game. I guarantee they are paid very well. This is very embarrassing for a company like this.

Agreed. What surprises me is they'd even have all these problematic updates lately since they do have a group of official game testers that do the QA of all their updates prior to launch.

1 minute ago, Mavrick88 said:

If you've played since 2015. And update failure like this, you know it's going to be more than a few mins :P. I'm just picking on you anyway. I guess we are all just bored now that Ark is down and we actually have to go do RL stuff now. I forgot how to talk to real people! :P haha

Most of the time when they screw something up, its fixed rather quickly. Thats why I said that. Easily over 90% of updates since i began playing have been within a 15 minute window. I've been surprised how long these updates during the past few days and the frequency of them has been. My guess is most of the devs are gone for the holidays, which begs the question.... WHY UPDATE THE GAME WHEN NOBODY IS THERE???

Just now, AndrewLB said:

Most of the time when they screw something up, its fixed rather quickly. Thats why I said that. Easily over 90% of updates since i began playing have been within a 15 minute window. I've been surprised how long these updates during the past few days and the frequency of them has been. My guess is most of the devs are gone for the holidays, which begs the question.... WHY UPDATE THE GAME WHEN NOBODY IS THERE???

Better one for you;

Why so many udates during events at all?

3 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

Intentionally misquoting me is silly. I was responding to the person who implied that everyone should enjoy an American holiday by taking a few hours off ark. It's a very westrocentric statement.

You dont have to be American to appreciate the concept of taking time in your life to have a meal with friends and family and be thankful for what you have. Thats what the spirit of thanksgiving is. all the other crap is the commercialization of it. 

I hope there's a Tweet from SurviveTheArk just before players can get on the servers, so we can update our game clients and get back in as soon as we can.

I will need to cryopod my Fire Wyvern as soon as I get back in, it is at risk of dying.

My sympathies for anyone with more frustrating situations than my own.

Archived