No bases? SERVERS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.

captyarrr

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you know there is going to be a rollback. Which means the people who all came on, podded all their stuff up before the restart, left to watch a movie, eat dinner, come back a few hours later, will come back to dead dinos, pods all unpoded. Eggs hatching without being claimed. Ect. ect. Wow. Just freaken wow.

2 minutes ago, Mavrick88 said:

Good lord. I can't even imagine how far they are going to rollback all servers now. Ugh. Dang WC!

It's gonna roll back to where it always does. Approx zero to 20 minutes prior to when the server went offline. 20 minutes would only be if the final save before restart was corrupted.

2 minutes ago, Hydrax said:

not every1 can see always the msg

I was tabbed out, playing Boundless with a little sliver of the Ark game on the side, just enough to keep an eye on the food of my Juvinile Wyvern.

So I had no sound, or sight of the message.

It did puzzle me why I suddenly lost control of my Boundless character, more than once. The Ark server message tends to relocate my cursor in the middle of the game client, whether tabbed into it or not. I thought I was just somehow misclicking... trying to climb cliffs at the time.

Just now, Mavrick88 said:

Not if the patch was broken. It will be a longer rollback.

The game saves every 15-20 minutes. There was a final save when the server rebooted. It will likely be that save since they already stated the patch is what is buggered. If somehow that save got corrupted, then they'd roll back to the previous save, approx 15 minutes earlier. The chances of that being corrupted are next to zero since it hasn't been loaded with the buggered update. I've played this game since 2015, this isn't my first rodeo. If you think this is bad, you should have played during the first couple years during early access.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, GreenRoc said:

I was tabbed out, playing Boundless with a little sliver of the Ark game on the side, just enough to keep an eye on the food of my Juvinile Wyvern.

So I had no sound, or sight of the message.

It did puzzle me why I suddenly lost control of my Boundless character, more than once. The Ark server message tends to relocate my cursor in the middle of the game client, whether tabbed into it or not. I thought I was just somehow misclicking... trying to climb cliffs at the time.

Yeah does that with my mouse too, caused some annoying miss-clicks in the past!

Archived