ARK: Winter Wonderland, SoTF: Naughty or Nice & Winter Sale!

Jatheish

• Administrator

large.567a30c776226_WinterWonderlandCabi

Greeting Survivors!

ARK: Winter Wonderland

large.ARKWinterWonderland.jpg.33572a97b6

Glistening snow blankets the ARK as the ambient temperatures drop, but Survivors can stay warm in their festively decorated homes with the new Holiday Lights, Decorative Christmas Tree, Wreaths, Wall-Stockings, Snowmen, and Giftable Loot-Containing Presents!

large.ARK_WW.jpg.4002fa535c76e8c06f546fa

In place of Santa, Raptor Claus will dart across the night sky in his sleigh, air-dropping presents filled with high-end Loot Blueprints (or Coal for naughty Survivors). We suggest following him around to stock up, including on rare dropped ARK Gift Codes! Survivors also can earn Reindeer Costumes, Candy Cane Club Weapons, Santa Hats, and if they collect enough Coal, they might even be able to summon the elusive holiday-themed DodoRex to do their bidding for a limited time!

large.567a30ca55deb_ARKPilgrimage.jpg.96

large.naughtyvsnice.jpg.e80e0c0d2da7e3c5

ARK: Survival of the Fittest Naughty or Nice!

And just in time for the years end, we'll be hosting one last massive Survival of the Fittest battle to close out 2015, this time for charity! 

The "ARK: Survival of the Fittest Naughty or Nice Event" pits Survivors against each other in a 100 versus 100 battle, including streamers, past Tournament Players in a massive two-team elimination battle the likes of which has never been seen before! The 100 players on the winning Trbe -- either Tribe "Naughty" or Tribe "Nice" -- will get to divvy up $10,000 to donate to which charity they choose from a selection of five wonderful charities: Childs Play, TakeThis, AbleGamers, Charity: Water, and GamingForAdoption. Each of these charities will receive an additional $1,000 on behalf of Studio Wildcard. Tune into www.twitch.tv/survivetheark on December 29th at 12PM EST to watch the epic three-hour event and cheer for your favourite Survivors!

Steam Winter Sale!

For this Holiday season, ARK: Survival Evolved will be on sale for 40% off (now $17.99) through til 10AM PST on Monday the 4th of January! Perfect time for new survivors to fill up their stockings with kibble, candy cane and much more! 

We wish you a Happy Holiday period Survivors!

All the best,

Wildcard Jat

View full article

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Exotic said:

Will it also be Xbox One?

54 minutes ago, FreedomAmerica4 said:

I don't see it on Xbox One

Nope, this is for PC only. I don't believe they had time to make it for Xbox One as well considering it was only released the other week.

I can't wait to jump into this, it's currently downloading right now.

:dod-xmas:

Edited by GamerPerfection

As a new player starting at lvl one I must say its nearly impossible to survive this game. Everywhere on the map is tundra so naturally its cold and because of this you use up your food faster. I have played for the last 6 hours and haven't made it past making a camp fire. I either immediately get killed by the Argentavis or die from starvation. I cannot produce clothing to keep me warm and fires don't warm you either. Is there something I can do so I'm not immediately dying of starvation with futile attempts to harvest berries or kill prey?

1 hour ago, Darckray said:

Good job guys! event's great! (i'd like the dodorex to be tameable tho :,() i have a question though, What will stay after the event?

I'm pretty sure the skins and the blueprints will stay, but, what about the christmas trees and the candy cane club? Will these stay?

If it's anything like the Halloween event holiday items placed will be removed, and inventory items or in storage won't be placeable unless the server is set to allow the placement of holiday items post event.

4 minutes ago, NOaBILITY said:

As a new player starting at lvl one I must say its nearly impossible to survive this game. Everywhere on the map is tundra so naturally its cold and because of this you use up your food faster. I have played for the last 6 hours and haven't made it past making a camp fire. I either immediately get killed by the Argentavis or die from starvation. I cannot produce clothing to keep me warm and fires don't warm you either. Is there something I can do so I'm not immediately dying of starvation with futile attempts to harvest berries or kill prey?

If you're just starting out during this event then that's pretty tough. But surviving should be possible, if I were you I would spawn somewhere fairly neutral of predators, NE or the S of the map should be suitable.

On spawning, I would focus of building a torch, it will help keep you warm, gather some food, fish, berries, dodo are all good sources, and stay near water for drink. Get to campfire as quickly as possible, this should be straight forward by using a pick to harvest flint, and you can pick stones up off the ground rather than expending energy hitting rocks.

After which shelter and clothing should be your next priority. Cloth armour is pretty cheap to make, but nothing will keep you warmer than having four walls and a roof over your head.

From then ride out the nights and venture out in the day when the weather is warmer. Don't venture in land too soon. I didn't move from the coast until I had a good number of tames and was around level 20-30.

1 minute ago, PommieGamer said:

If you're just starting out during this event then that's pretty tough. But surviving should be possible, if I were you I would spawn somewhere fairly neutral of predators, NE or the S of the map should be suitable.

On spawning, I would focus of building a torch, it will help keep you warm, gather some food, fish, berries, dodo are all good sources, and stay near water for drink. Get to campfire as quickly as possible, this should be straight forward by using a pick to harvest flint, and you can pick stones up off the ground rather than expending energy hitting rocks.

After which shelter and clothing should be your next priority. Cloth armour is pretty cheap to make, but nothing will keep you warmer than having four walls and a roof over your head.

From then ride out the nights and venture out in the day when the weather is warmer. Don't venture in land too soon. I didn't move from the coast until I had a good number of tames and was around level 20-30.

Thank you for the quick reply. I wasn't aware a torch could keep you warm (due to fires not warming you up) and unfortunately never made it to building a house. | =P | Never occurred to me that the night would be colder then day! With this new information I will try again and hopefully do better =]

3 minutes ago, Ij999 said:

Nah bro, low-level players are screwed. Especially around the time when lots of new people are gonna be buying the game... lol

Yup... just tried again. I managed to get a hut built but I couldn't tame anything and died numerous time because of hunger or the random 50+ level monster chasing me until I ran out of stamina =[

I love this event, crazy loot to be gathered, great festive music, beautifull add on. I mean those gift boxes are georgous and Raptor Claus is the best thing ever but im starting to think i might have been a naugthy boy this year seeing the presents i receive from him ;).

All in all i love it guy's really great seasonal content and the fact that i can find penguin and elk next to my south base make the all thing even more magical.

2015-12-22_00013.jpg

12 hours ago, Anj said:

We'd be lucky to get a little bit of those decorations with the mistletoe drop rate and 70 people fighting over 5 boxes per event. :/

Great content though.

Was all good until a guy with turrets on a Quetzal started going after them lol 

Got some good items before that though, including a journeyman Giga saddle :D 

4 hours ago, NOaBILITY said:

Yup... just tried again. I managed to get a hut built but I couldn't tame anything and died numerous time because of hunger or the random 50+ level monster chasing me until I ran out of stamina =[

That happens even with out the event going on! You die a lot in your first few days on ARK, its your learning and leveling period. 

7 hours ago, NOaBILITY said:

Argents? As a new player you shouldn't be going anywhere that their are Argents :/ Unless for some reason they are appearing on beaches right now. 

15 hours ago, zer0ix said:

love how I can never get into my 70 person official server ever... love it how i put hours into it and can never get in anymore .. loveee it

I know how you feel man, I just hopped on with the One release and jumped in to first NA server. My friend and I have put 30 hours into the past week already and getting in is a chore and could take forever! I made a post about it and received a reply saying they're looking into it and will try to find a way to fix it as soon as possible.

• Jen unfeatured and unpinned this topic