Did they really just pull down all NA servers w/o any warning?

Jabroni429

Updates over the last 24 hours

What is with all the updates over the last 24 hours, it has been at least 10 updates?

I can't do any thing with this continual up date going on, either do it all in one big patch and stop the disruption of the game play for people on your servers. You have an event on and I can't even tame a damned thing, or pvp, or breed, or raise anything because the server is being taken down all the time. 

I don't know about the rest of the player base but its a bit annoying when we can't actually play a game and enjoy the event because wait for it, servers going down boys!

Look if they are fixing an issue it doesn't take freaking that many patches, fix it before you put it live, if it don't fix it then don't patch and then re patch and then re patch and then repatch and ... you get the picture right?

I get they need to do patches to fix poop, but obviously, it wasn't fixed the first 5 times, why continue with out testing it first?

What we are getting at is patching is good, we love patches, how ever it is impeding on the game play of every person that is either taming/breeding/pvp... so basically the whole player base. Patch it once, get it right the first time and stop doing so many patches that its impossible to do any thing productive in a game that needs you to actually do stuff to get any where in the game. From a beginner to some one that has played since beta, this game is driven on you doing things to get any where. When the game is patching continually over a period of 24 hours, you aint gunna get much done. 

What I was trying to say is, get it right,  stop putting patches in that obviously are not working. This is why you have test servers is so you can test patches before they go live. 

My personal expeirence with this (and why I would be in support of a larger window of time to let players know when the server will be taken down) :

I wasnt expecting a server restart. I was tabbed out to another game, and suddenly the server went down (I missed the warnings beforehand) And I was literally 1 min away from packing up my Juvi Fire wyvern, before I go lay down.

It's been 3 hours since I've wanted to pack up and go to bed (not terribly urgent, I want to nap). I am still up, because I want to make sure my Juvi Fire Wyvern will be safe in his cryopod. I had to wait for the servers to come back, then in game I waited some more, and not long after I felt like it is safe, my tribemate from another server tells me the servers went down again...

So I am logging back in, because past experiences tell me that even if I did pack it away, rollbacks could bring it back out of the pod again. Edit with update: my tribemate may have been speaking of the same restart from earlier. My nap coming soon!

I want to sleep. I am pushing myself to make sure my time (16+ hours accumulated so far) on this Fire Wyvern was not wasted. If I knew this restart was going to happen today, I wouldnt have been raising my Wyvern at all.

I dont have any RL schedule, so I will be fine forcing myself to stay awake, I've done this before, recovered fine.

TL;DR:
Dear Wildcard, please give at least 24h notice before scheduled server shutdowns.

I am with the how about they check these patchs first since just looking around has me seeing that the PC one had issues. So why patch something with a broken patch. Currently on my Rag server we are stuck with groundhog day. Keeps crashing us back to the same spot. For about a hour. Only seems to be our server. Also begs a second question of who might be duping.

I was on when this started for NA servers and it took about 6 HOURS to get it actually up and running without going back down over and over.

THEN today they say.. EU servers are getting the update. And this will NOT effect other servers.. guess what? IT DID! So that's basically 2 nights of play time

during a maturation event, almost as bad as the raptoring ups with the extra life event. I had to wait until the servers came back up AGAIN to make sure my baby basilos 

were actually cryo'd. I'm not complaining about patches I'm complaining about an update that was supposed to take 15 minutes and is now taking HOURS.

Totally unacceptable, except WC likes to jerk us around often.,I should be used to this but I'm not. I'm used to playing games that

at this point are more stable.

I don't plan to read this and I'm not following it so any salty comments save for your fries. This is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

STOP THE RAPTORING PATCHES DURING A MATURATION EVENT FOR THE LOVE OF GIGA! ??????

2 minutes ago, Sativa420 said:

I was on when this started for NA servers and it took about 6 HOURS to get it actually up and running without going back down over and over.

THEN today they say.. EU servers are getting the update. And this will NOT effect other servers.. guess what? IT DID! So that's basically 2 nights of play time

during a maturation event, almost as bad as the raptoring ups with the extra life event. I had to wait until the servers came back up AGAIN to make sure my baby basilos 

were actually cryo'd. I'm not complaining about patches I'm complaining about an update that was supposed to take 15 minutes and is now taking HOURS.

Totally unacceptable, except WC likes to jerk us around often.,I should be used to this but I'm not. I'm used to playing games that

at this point are more stable.

I don't plan to read this and I'm not following it so any salty comments save for your fries. This is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

STOP THE RAPTORING PATCHES DURING A MATURATION EVENT FOR THE LOVE OF GIGA! ??????

Oh no whatever will you do two nights of small updates.

And seriously guys 20 minutes is the most warning you should be given before a server goes offline

Archived