Recover Mods Failure

Oliviako

Suggestion

Recover Mods Failure

I sometimes accidentally start the game (single player) without giving time for mods to install or update, result in items all missing. After I restarted through normal way, all the missing now becomes permanent and not recoverable. I then have to use ACM or console command to recover my losses.

Then, I find out a trick to recover any missing before it becomes permanent.

First, pause the game immediately using pause command, or use Esc key to pause for single player mode. If the game is saved before it is paused, then the items are all gone.

Then, open Windows Tast Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Task Manager), kill/end the ShooterGame.exe task, which is the ARK. This prevent the game to overwrite the backup data, hence prevents item missing becoming permanent.

Last but not the least, launch the game and wait for mods to install properly. Make sure they are all installed/updated. Then the game can be safely restarted.

By doing these, the game will load the last backup file which is not updated when you noticed the missing item. As the data of mods was saved in that file, all missing item based on mods will be recovered.

Tested just now, for HazeStacks.

I wish my suggestion would help anybody.

2 replies to this server topic

3 hours ago, Oliviako said:

After I restarted through normal way, all the missing now becomes permanent and not recoverable.

This is false. You just need to do a rollback after the mod is properly installed.

You suggestion really should be for a popup warning if mods are still downloading/installing in SP.

On 11/27/2019 at 11:35 PM, Aylana314159 said:

This is false. You just need to do a rollback after the mod is properly installed.

You suggestion really should be for a popup warning if mods are still downloading/installing in SP.

Thank you so much. I'm planning to establish a private server. This trick, the rollback, will save me for a lot of times, absolutely.

Archived