Help! Boss noob here

Starrbean

Help! Boss noob here

Hey,  I’ve been playing ark on the same non-dedicated server of mine for like two years and have still never fought any of the bosses. I’ve been trying to figure out what level my dinos should be before i try to fight the alpha Megapithecus but have had trouble finding vids of other people fighting that boss on non-dedicated with default server rules because, no one does that. My highest level rex is 89 which is shameful compared to the level 300s i see on youtube on boosted servers but I’d appreciate if anyone has any idea what levels my stuff should be before fighting the boss? Thanks moits.

14 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

Straight up if you are using default settings then that rex wont stand a chance. Without knowing the stats its hard to give you a lvl number to aim for but honestly don't bother trying with mounts under lvl 200

Wouldn’t the difficulty of the boss change with the difficulty server setting? Cuz the default for my server type is 0.2 which makes the highest possible wild spawn lvl 36 but wouldnt the boss also scale depending on the difficulty?

4 hours ago, Starrbean said:

Wouldn’t the difficulty of the boss change with the difficulty server setting? Cuz the default for my server type is 0.2 which makes the highest possible wild spawn lvl 36 but wouldnt the boss also scale depending on the difficulty?

See that is exactly what I said, "if you are using default settings" obviously you are not so honestly no one here can answer your question. Just fight it and if you dont win reset your save, that is the only way to answer your question.

Archived