Release tamed Animals into The Wild

Hirnsausen

Suggestion

SUGGESTION: Release tamed Animals into The Wild

It is such a cruel thing - especially for the younger Ark players - to know that when they cannot care any longer (for whatever reason) for their tamed animals, that those tamed animals will starve and die a cruel death.

It would be nice, to have two new options:
1. - Release them back into the wild so they can live. Without human guidance, the stats would go down, back to average natural stats, to avoid game imbalance.
2. - Allow transfer of tamed animals onto Single-Player maps on the player's computer if the player wants to abandon the server-based map and wants to switch to play on his own computer. No return possible of the animals.

15 replies to this server topic

7 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

My children have a big problem with killing. For some strange reason, they seem to love animals, in the real world and also inside Ark. One of them wept bitterly when I wanted to murder the animal. Then I asked my young daughter to kill the animal by herself, but she just started to weep. I think, it is mental torture for our younger players. There should really be an option to release them to the wild (with normalized, averaged attributes) or to transfer them to a selected map that is on the computer but not any server, a one-way transfer.

If you choose to play modded, you could use dino storage v2 and the soul ball delete function. No killing involved.

This really should be a teaching moment. Meat eating dinos (and real life creatures) would starve and die without killing their prey.

Sounds like you choose the wrong game to play with your children. But luckily you can run your own server and do whatever you want.

My children have a big problem with killing. For some strange reason, they seem to love animals, in the real world and also inside Ark. One of them wept bitterly when I wanted to murder the animal. Then I asked my young daughter to kill the animal by herself, but she just started to weep. I think, it is mental torture for our younger players. There should really be an option to release them to the wild (with normalized, averaged attributes) or to transfer them to a selected map that is on the computer but not any server, a one-way transfer.

11 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

No,  without human guidance, the stats would go down, back to average natural stats.

It is too cruel especially for very young players, but also for all animal lovers among us, to having to kill our beloved animals. We do not want that any game teaches us how to be cruel to animals. Already enough such problems in the real world.

What about feeding meat eating dinos? Or wild dino that eat other dinos?

Killing animals isn't necessarily cruelty. Sounds like a parental teaching moment. 

I appreciate the thought of train but I think it's a bit of a non-issue.

I realised over time that the whole feeding issue within Ark is flawed anyway. As long as the dinos aren't instanced they don't really seem to eat. I've come across dinos I lost in a journey MONTHS before and their hunger was barely touched despite an empty inventory, and anything that is instanced...you have the feeding troughs for.

And if you do want to let them go...euthanise them. Or hell just set them to wander and let them go, it's effectively the same thing and you might come across them again later. If they're carnivores set them to aggressive and they'll attack other things for food and again if not instanced they won't lose hunger anyway.

It would be very unbalanced, if breeding and leveled up creatures were wild. Would their stats be wild stats (no mutations)? This would create a bad loophole.

A euthanasia option would be better.

Now being able to leave official servers for SP or even unofficial servers for SP, is a great idea. 

There's really no way around this. The game is rated Teen for a reason. Blood and Violence. It depicts Rexes ripping apart various prey, creatures bleeding out to an Allo pack, or Gigas obliterating entire ecosystems. If it's a problem for them to do, do it yourself. Sorry, but this is really a parenting moment. You can't keep them sheltered from death and carnage in a game where you win by causing death and carnage. 

On 12/10/2019 at 11:25 PM, Hirnsausen said:

Not to sound heartless, but your child is not prepared for the real world, and that fall on you as the parent. Animals die, people die, the longer you try to shield from this, the more screwed up the kid will be, when it can't learn to cope with it.

No,  without human guidance, the stats would go down, back to average natural stats.

It is too cruel especially for very young players, but also for all animal lovers among us, to having to kill our beloved animals. We do not want that any game teaches us how to be cruel to animals. Already enough such problems in the real world.

5 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Not to sound heartless, but your child is not prepared for the real world, and that fall on you as the parent. Animals die, people die, the longer you try to shield from this, the more screwed up the kid will be, when it can't learn to cope with it.

I have to agree. Ark could be used as a wonderful tool to teach kids about real world survival, obviously dinosaurs, but even life sciences.

@Hirnsausen Do your kids eat meat or are they vegetarians? Cause if they eat meat, where do they think it comes from?

10 hours ago, StiTched said:

And if you do want to let them go...euthanise them. Or hell just set them to wander and let them go, it's effectively the same thing and you might come across them again later. If they're carnivores set them to aggressive and they'll attack other things for food and again if not instanced they won't lose hunger anyway.

This is a bad idea for PvE. Even unclaimed dino's count against the server cap. 

To OP. On official, just upload your dino's to an obelisk. They'll disappear after 24 hours. 

If single player, just store them on a server you don't play.

Ark is a killing game. They are pixels and bits of code. They aren't real. Video games are games. I don't bash hooker's heads in or steal cars because I seen it in GTA, my parent's raising me reflect my real life decisions. Wildcard isn't responsible for instilling values in your children. Also, this game is rated T for teen an age that many of their core values have been taught already. Find a game rated E for everyone for your younger children.

Archived