easist location for legendary OSD?

Giorgino87

easist location for legendary OSD?

With my tribe we regurarly do red OSD, with gigas. they are easy for us, in 3 or 4 people. However, we tried the purple one and when I crashed my mates quicky got annihilated. By experience, some locations are easier than others, because on # of spawn points, and terrain configuration. What is the easiest location for the legendary ones? We tried the one at 43 13

Well hard to tell tbh, every is hard if u don't have spikes around it.  Corrupted dinos ain't hard to kill, enraged rexes are problem. If u got one or two in wave is ok, but if u got 4+ and if thay come near osd it's game over. Your giga will enrage 100% 

On other hand with spikes is much, much easier. U can solo it with giga and snow owl, u need to heal 1 or max 2 times until u hit wave 7. With two riden giga is walk in the park, without healing wave 7. 

Just to give u a bit more Infos, our gigas have 125-130 saddles, with 850 meele, imprinted 100%.  When u put spikes down do it with alt character, than wait to orp to kick in. 

I personally always doing purple drops on north side of map, I mean from city everything up north, near snow or near forest, south u have only few spawns and I don't like them because they are near border, so if u got a bit more lag or don't know what u can go easy outside. 

• 1 month later...

I can only tell you that I solo red OSDs with 1 giga and rider, in the off chance that I get a terribly out of balance spawn of corrupted wyverns and get hit extremely hard, I have a spare giga in my inventory that I toss out  about 80% through the fight.  Purples are a different story,  I don't go in with any less than a 4 man team of gigas/riders and usually have someone park an owl stocked full of meat up somewhere close to be our triage owl between waves.  Purples it's all about controlling the pace of the battle, keeping an eye on numbers, using spiked walls or other barriers to lessen the amount of stuff that comes running at ya,  etc.   Our gigas are 605s, 34k health,  and they usually hold up well. 

As for saddles, I have a few with Ascendant saddles and I have a few with just prim saddles, they all survive just fine, sometimes its not about the gear, it's about the tactics.

Ive been doing purples with just me and 1 tribemate recently with just 2 gigas and no spikes or walls. Did I think 4 so far, first one I think we got too close to the drop and were hitting it with the gigas cause it exploded on round 5-6. The next 3 we have completed to wave 7-8 and never got enraged. Gigas are about 950%melee with 75% imprint to me(tribemate doesnt have an imprinted one) Saddles are 110/120 armor. We have been in waves where 5 enraged rexes came at once and each of us were fighting 2-3 of them and still never enraged our gigas.

1 of the locations towards the bottom left of the map that is very very close the the map death wall I kind of like actually cause the spawn points are only coming from 2 directions and its pretty easy to defend. Some of the other locations have issues with dinos getting stuck and having to go search for them at the end of rounds which can be pretty annoying for red drops and below, but on the purple drops I prefer this cause it give us a chance to pull out the snow owl and heal up when the gigas get under half life.

Archived