Raptors n' such

Masurao

Raptors n' such

I'm trying to get to the bottom of the Raptor pounce; are they supposed to dismount you on impact even if they don't actually use the pounce animation? Also, are these things supposed to be able to dismount you immediately upon contact from a Griffin or anything else near its size? Because they don't do that for Snow Owls.

So far I've noticed the horse, wolf, anything around that size, and sometimes even Therizino. 

27 minutes ago, Thyme said:

I’ve had the raptor pounce the owl itself, it kicked me off and my owl was in the sleeping pose getting chewed by the raptor. Strangest thing I’ve ever seen

I meant this one here - they pounce gigantic-by-relative-proportion tames somehow and send you flying off. But apparently if this is a bug, I'd 'love' to have it fixed, as being Joe Blow #5554 riding a Wyvern or a Giga everywhere gets boring... I enjoy my Gali and Horses and such.

The problem with the "new" Raptor pounce is the introduction of the coding to allow an opportunity to dodge the pounce, as @iAgnehole mentioned.

Old pounce:  The Raptor runs up, pounces, and as it does it pulls you from mount (if you are close enough) and pins you.

New pounce:  The Raptor runs up, it instantly dismounts you, you then have .25 seconds to dodge, -THEN- it pounces and pins you or your mount.

Archived