How the Thanksgiving Event could have been improved.

Jemcrystal

Suggestion

How the Thanksgiving Event could have been improved.

Next time please let there be a taming bonus.  The colors were good.  The autumn trees were good.  But leaving out new players because they don't have what it takes to do an event, esp an event based on the spirit of Thanks Giving, which is about including all people in all blessings, is oxymoronic.   That would be like me catering a barmitzvah and forgetting to bring the teenage boy.    Or a wedding that didn't allow brides to attend.  You left out the most important thing, Thanksgiving was about sharing with newbs.  And newbs can only get disemboweled by these evil Turkeys.  

Next time can you instead let us tame the turkeys?  Maybe add a slaughter option to their wheel that would turn them into a raw turkey that would give a fine taming bonus but not expire as quick as prime.

Please stop it with the skins already.  Just.  Stop.

4 replies to this server topic

9 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

the spirit of Thanks Giving, which is about including all people in all blessings

I thought the spirit of thanksgiving was about being grateful for what you have, and preparing yourself for the mass stampedes of black friday where you can buy things you don't need at discounted prices.

13 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

That would be like me catering a barmitzvah and forgetting to bring the teenage boy.

If you were catering a barmitzvah you would just be providing the food, I don't think teenage boy or any parts thereof would be appropriate as a meal option.

17 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

Next time can you instead let us tame the turkeys? 

Yes. I want them for my petting zoo.

18 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

Maybe add a slaughter option to their wheel that would turn them into a raw turkey that would give a fine taming bonus but not expire as quick as prime.

Super yes, would be a big help without X2 taming.

20 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

Please stop it with the skins already.  Just.  Stop.

No. I like the skins, not fussed about the emotes though.

14 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

Or a wedding that didn't allow brides to attend.

I have it on good authority that some gay men prefer weddings to be this way.

14 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

Thanksgiving was about sharing with newbs. 

The only things the pilgrims shared with the native american newbs was alcohol and bullets (and probably disease) as they took their lands and resources and forced them to live on reservations, I guess the pilgrims were the mega tribe of their day.

To try and hit the different points discussed...

• Taming Turkeys -
    • Yes. Even if all they did was drop a small or extra small egg - it would be doable with the new kibble system to be used and another form of egg to collected. 
      • However I would suggest that they do not make the "Super Turkey's" tameable, but rather create a seperate "basic turkey" that could then be tamed. Possibly something the Super Turkey could call upon when aggroed and the challenge would be to tame the basic turkey after defeating the super turkey. (hoping you do not kill them all in the process.)
  • Harvesting Turkey Meat -
    • Yes. As a a new, or even temporary, meat sources that could rival, if not surpass mutton would be awesome.
  • Skins - 50/50 on this one.
    • If they continue as they have and add just a had or random tool/weapon skin, then please no.
    • If they started adding full body skins to create a complete outfit, yes. We have so few clothing options that a few complete clothing sets would add a bit more variety and customization to character designs. 
  • Emotes - 
    • I don't mind them. I don't use them, but when we gather for events and what not, the others seem to like running around to use them. 
  • Candies 
    • The colors are nice, but I use them for the speed boost. Esp. on slower creatures like the argy. Any little boost helps. 
  • Creature Colors
    • I love being able to go out and hunt some new colors. I tried to do so this time and managed some snow owls, but unfortunately couldn't find Thylacoleo with the color regions I had been looking for. A lot on the their backs and bellies with few on their sides. 

I think I hit them all. 

All in all, I like the events - but I do not love them. I wish there was a bit more to them. 

Archived