Wildcard does it again....

caleb68

thought about logging in to get the new emotes... learned they are character bound not account bound.... didn't bother.

why they do this is beyond me.  Having the emotes shared over your mulitple characters adds no advantage to game play.  Don't want to spend the time collecting 75 bones per character to unlock the emotes for them all.  more wasted time is all I see.  Good job wildcard.

47 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Maybe they aren't aware how excited some people get over emotes ?

I don't get the hype, as not only do most of them flat-out suck, but they don't actually even display remotely what the actual emote thumbnail dictates they should. The "food coma" emote just looks like it should've been there for when your character was poisoned or high on shrooms or something.

13 minutes ago, Azpsk said:

doubt the devs play real ark, they're all pve'ers anyway. they can't even fix meshing, or duping

If they were "pve'ers" they would know the limited sandbox variant called pve has some tricky complications of its own that are more difficult to handle than pvp, Especially with all tickets they get because dynamically all the things "pve'ers" do to each other... Want to ruin some ones whole base... Slip a pillar next to there base's main building.. That tribe can no longer place tek structures any where near there...

But agreeing with op the event stuff should be account based. Because when you loose a character because the game glitches out and is know way the players fault they loose all those event things too.

6 hours ago, caleb68 said:

thought about logging in to get the new emotes... learned they are character bound not account bound.... didn't bother.

why they do this is beyond me.  Having the emotes shared over your mulitple characters adds no advantage to game play.  Don't want to spend the time collecting 75 bones per character to unlock the emotes for them all.  more wasted time is all I see.  Good job wildcard.

None of the learnable or craftable emotes have been account wide ever. Only achievement ones are account wide.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Cinnamongod said:

And the point to stating the obvious? Just because things sucked in the past they should always suck?

Sometimes you have to state the “obvious” to people that can’t seem to see it (the irony).

Has nothing to do with your opinion of how things should or shouldn’t work now vs the past.   

7 hours ago, Luewen said:

None of the learnable or craftable emotes have been account wide ever. Only achievement ones are account wide.

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Sometimes you have to state the “obvious” to people that can’t seem to see it (the irony).

Has nothing to do with your opinion of how things should or shouldn’t work now vs the past.   

sometimes the so called "obvious" statements by people show how "obviously" they don't participate in events.

The so called "obvious" statement is "Incorrect".

10 hours ago, Luewen said:

Even those will only work if you have "give default survivor items" enabled, otherwise hairstyles won't be available on new character.

Agree with op, event stuff should be account based.

• Volunteer Moderator
18 hours ago, caleb68 said:

Wow, the entitlement is real. Why can't you simply be grateful for what you get. Complaining about the event is like complaining a gift you received is not the right color; which is pathetically ungrateful. They had no obligation to work on exclusive stuff for the players.

PS: All the time you spend gaming is pretty much wasted time either way.

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Wow, the entitlement is real. Why can't you simply be grateful for what you get. Complaining about the event is like complaining a gift you received is not the right color; which is pathetically ungrateful. They had no obligation to work on exclusive stuff for the players.

If you say so.  Events are supose to be fun and enjoyable for people, not another grind fest.  Just like the previous event,  the turkey's spawns are low, other dino's are over spawning (scorched earth is overly filled with water camels near grean ob).  Perhaps if you didn't have to spend countless hours just looking for the turkeys it would be fun and enjoyable, but that really isn't the case, and honestly,  I doubt anyone would sit there and spend the time to find the wishbones for 9 individual characters. 

Pathetically ungrateful, entitled? no.

P.S.  I don't watch TV, spend countless hours on cell phones, bar hop on weekends or any other 'social activity'.  I'm a hermit, and playing games is what I use as my form of entertainment, so no, for me its not wasted time.

13 hours ago, caleb68 said:

If you say so.  Events are supose to be fun and enjoyable for people, not another grind fest.  Just like the previous event,  the turkey's spawns are low, other dino's are over spawning (scorched earth is overly filled with water camels near grean ob).  Perhaps if you didn't have to spend countless hours just looking for the turkeys it would be fun and enjoyable, but that really isn't the case, and honestly,  I doubt anyone would sit there and spend the time to find the wishbones for 9 individual characters. 

Pathetically ungrateful, entitled? no.

P.S.  I don't watch TV, spend countless hours on cell phones, bar hop on weekends or any other 'social activity'.  I'm a hermit, and playing games is what I use as my form of entertainment, so no, for me its not wasted time.

i agree with this 110 percent.

16 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

have u actually tried to get enough bones for all the emotes for multiple characters. its would honestly take most of your time. some people love emotes (like me) and think they are great. now there are many problems with having the emotes set only for characters is that say u play on a server and it is taken down or what ever. u just lost possibly hours of grinding for the emotes. now its possible for people to have to migrate form one server to another for legit reason, like trolls, grievers, servers being close and so on.  now if u leave a server after the event is over, u cant get them back unless lucky enough the event is still on on that server. point is that time is lost. we are not entitled, we are only thinking smart. something WC cant seem to do or wont do.

16 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

also playing video games is not wasting time, there are people who make a living off of gaming. also u are litteraly saying u waste time, so u are saying YOU are wasting your time. i think i speak for alot of people when i say gaming is not just our sole activities. i spend 3-4 hours a day working on the family farm, i also studt for school and hang out with friends. yes gaming is a big hobby of mines that i cherish, but it is not my entire life. its also not a waste of time as gaming has taught me alot of things and even helped improve certain aspects. for instance ever since i started playing games where u must have fast reflexes  and reaction skills i have improved in my kick boxing skills as i can react faster. since u are saying gaming is wasted time u must be saying your time is wasted which would mean u spend most if not all your time gaming, that is wasted time.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

also playing video games is not wasting time, there are people who make a living off of gaming. also u are litteraly saying u waste time, so u are saying YOU are wasting your time. i think i speak for alot of people when i say gaming is not just our sole activities. i spend 3-4 hours a day working on the family farm, i also studt for school and hang out with friends. yes gaming is a big hobby of mines that i cherish, but it is not my entire life. its also not a waste of time as gaming has taught me alot of things and even helped improve certain aspects. for instance ever since i started playing games where u must have fast reflexes  and reaction skills i have improved in my kick boxing skills as i can react faster. since u are saying gaming is wasted time u must be saying your time is wasted which would mean u spend most if not all your time gaming, that is wasted time.

If you don’t mind my asking.

How old are you?

Archived