Community Crunch 208: Mysterious Mysteries and On The Horizon

Cedric

1 hour ago, GP said:

No, they said on the Extra Life stream that this tool will not replace the harvesting quality of dinos.

I don't want to be too salty today, but "they" say alot wich will never be done.  I can give you loads of examples from the past 5 years ;)

Again rollback, again timers screwed up for my gigas/quetzs/tusos. 

Cant "they" fix this after more then 5 years? 2 More rollbacks and these will NOT go to 100%. Again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

@Cedric

Added optional new functionality to limit the number of droppeditems in an area, and enabled it on dedicated servers. To use it on unofficial servers, add the following INI values to your server's Game.ini ShooterGameMode section (> 0 to use the limit):

What is this number on official? And will we see a warning when we try to drop more things, or will it simply disapear?

ps: @lilpanda thanks for your work, I don't have twitter to message you there but appreciate you dealing with all the hate on there

Edited by Oli4

That would be the mining drill, curious how it'll function. 

If this is seen, can anything be done about the duplication exploit? Was defending and killed the same giga 4 times, I hope something is done before Genesis. I enjoy the game but the dupes have ruined it.(honestly i wouldn't be against a mass server wipe)

37 minutes ago, Oieru said:

Since the update, animations on dinos that are a little further away are stuttering. It is really annoying and takes the immersive feel of the game big-time.

Sounds like you should play on a different server that's focused on immersion, but would probably suffer lag with is also immersion breaking.

• Volunteer Moderator
58 minutes ago, Oieru said:

Since the update, animations on dinos that are a little further away are stuttering. It is really annoying and takes the immersive feel of the game big-time.

That's because the patch introduced exactly that.

Current Version: v302.4 - 11/22/19

Added animation staggering system by default to reduce CPU overhead -- dinos in the far-distance will update their animations on alternate frames. Players can disable in this in the Options Menu "Advanced Options" Tab: "Animation Staggering" (enables it at all at far distance) and "Low Quality Animations" (makes it more aggressive, lowers the distance at which staggering is used)

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, GambyGamby said:

I see the unicorn i though unicorn have wing's and they don't do nothing especial why they don't spawn alot when they are the same as aquus i think unicorn need a upgrade have wing's and do like yuti cos there horn is magical and shuld give buff 

https://www.askdifference.com/unicorn-vs-pegasus/

• Thanks 1

Hey guys and girls hows everyone doing hate to be a burden but would really appreciate if anyone could go check out my channel and maybe show some love maybe leave a like and subscribe? 

Its free and it will take about 3 minutes of your day thanks guys hope everyone has a good day!!

https://youtu.be/fK9KgQFYZaw

Edited by Saiyenken

2 hours ago, GambyGamby said:

I see the unicorn i though unicorn have wing's and they don't do nothing especial why they don't spawn alot when they are the same as aquus i think unicorn need a upgrade have wing's and do like yuti cos there horn is magical and shuld give buff 

@GambyGamby I agree with part of this statement. The unicorns need something more.

While it is fun to think you have tamed a Unicorn - unless they are boosted unofficially-  they are difficult to find and to tame at a decent level. Even harder to get a breeding pair at decent level. 

And then once you do, you have to wonder why (at least I do, not all may feel the same)... They are essentially an off-white equus with a horn on their head. They don't seem to provide anything over a normal equus, and honestly with the lack of colors and color mutations - they are pretty dull. Personally I tend to go more for the aberrant equus' with the patterns and colors. 

For that reason I think they should have some sort of boost, much like aberrant creatures did over the standards and how Genesis is said to do so over the aberrant creatures. They should also have color regions - possibly unique to them. They should still spawn in as white (unless an event is on), but should at least have a chance for a color mutation while raising them. 

The note I can't agree with is the addition of the wings for the reason @Joebl0w13 mentioned.

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

A Unicorn and a Pegasus are quite different as the article lists. And combining them could remove the chance of having a Pegasus added to the game in the future. It may be a long shot that it ever will, but if so, it could be a difficult tame. 

Such as having to tame them the same way you do an equus or a unicorn. Meaning that you would have to sneak up on them after they land to apply the initial feeding. They could then fly into the sky and possibly toss your character to the ground if you do not feed them when prompted. It could make it very different to tame them. And if limited to an event tame, a weather induced spawning (like a phoenix), or as something that appears only during certain hours of the day and limited to one wild on the map at a time. It would increase the difficulty to find and tame them - and worth it too as one of the only tames you could fly on and also use as a taming device (through the kick effect when landed). 

That all however, may be suited for further discussion elsewhere. 

On the note of the topic of the Community Crunch however, I was happy to see the image of another item added and example patch notes that we may see. When comparing it to the google sheet however, I noticed that a lot of items are still listed as New and Archived over anything else.

It would be nice to get some additional discussion on these items as well as recently discussed, added or commented posts from the suggestion section of the forum, or even some news on the weigh in documents that seem to have fallen to the weigh-side - such as the events discussion or that of the future of primitive plus. I have been following the later since the start and there hasn't been much commented or said on it for some time by developers. 

12 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

I agree. Everything ARK does has some sort of "oopsie" included. That's what makes ARK the game it is. That's why 9 Million players play the game, lol. 

Where the hell did you get that number from? Not even in the glory days of Ark did they have 9 million players. Game breaking bugs reduces it to this: https://steamcharts.com/app/346110

Ark is the 11th game with most players on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/stats/Steam-Game-and-Player-Statistics?l=t