Community Crunch 208: Mysterious Mysteries and On The Horizon

Cedric

• Wildcard Community

Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ????

Mysterious_Transmission11.gif

How perplexing, who can guess what this might be?

On The Horizon

Turkey Trial 3

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Picture Credit

Log on and grab your Turkey Trial items before the event ends on December 3rd.  See below for details on the event.

Black Friday Sale

Black_Friday_Sale.jpg

Get started on Black Friday with up to 65%# off on ARK.  

ARK on XBOX

Balance and Quality-Of-Life Updates

We'll be prioritizing some balance and quality of life changes that have been requested by the community.  Examples of some of these changes can be seen in PC patch 302.4 (notes below).

• Added animation staggering system by default to reduce CPU overhead -- dinos in the far-distance will update their animations on alternate frames. Players can disable in this in the Options Menu "Advanced Options" Tab: "Animation Staggering" (enables it at all at far distance) and "Low Quality Animations" (makes it more aggressive, lowers the distance at which staggering is used)
  • Improved client and server CPU performance in various ways
  • Vastly improved server stability, with various Network Channel threading crashes fixed
  • Changed droppeditem physics back to client-side prediction for player-dropped items, and physx-sleeping logic on droppeditems to improve server performance.
  • Improved droppeditem placement when dropping items from structures, to reduce the possibility of them getting stuck
  • Reloading bows from prone TPV no longer gets them stuck
  • Firing bows while in orbit camera no longer gets them stuck
  • Firing bows while running no longer gets them stuck
  • Made it easier to look at items to pick them up
  • Fixed the whip to properly pickup items that are flat on the ground (previously would miss such items)
  • Added "F" alternate activate option on items to pickup all items in a nearby range
  • Added optional new functionality to limit the number of droppeditems in an area, and enabled it on dedicated servers. To use it on unofficial servers, add the following INI values to your server's Game.ini ShooterGameMode section (> 0 to use the limit):

Please continue to voice your feedback on what you'd like to see through our various platforms!

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There will be no EVO event rates while the Turkey Trial event rates are active!

Until next time!

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

I’m having a problem with ARK rn. It won’t let me load into single player or an official server because of the turkey trial. Every time I try to load a new map it just crashes no matter how many times I’ve tried. Can u please send out an update so that it can work properly? thx

Edited by TheKaijuKing

5 minutes ago, TheKaijuKing said:

I’m having a problem with ARK rn. It won’t let me load into single player or an official server because of the turkey trial. Every time I try to load a new map it just crashes no matter how many times I’ve tried. Can u please send out an update so that it can work properly? thx

if your on steam try validate your files if that doesn't work reinstall.

On 11/25/2019 at 9:00 PM, TheKaijuKing said:

couldnt log in on ark at all either after the turkey trial events came out. he had to delete all the direct x files on his computer to fix it.
fiance recommends you should choose yes when it asks if you want to uninstall all the files related. because otherwise you have to do like he did which is hunt down every last file. no amount of file verifications helped fix it, nor did uninstalling ark and reinstalling help. something about their update BROKE the direct x files for some pc's

Edited by Abrahel

3 minutes ago, Abrahel said:

my fiance couldnt log in on ark at all either after the turkey trial events came out. he had to delete all the direct x files on his computer to fix it.
fiance recommends you should choose yes when it asks if you want to uninstall all the files related. because otherwise you have to do like he did which is hunt down every last file. no amount of file verifications helped fix it, nor did uninstalling ark and reinstalling help. something about their update BROKE the direct x files for some pc's

Will all of my progress from each map be saved or deleted?

Well the mysterious item, is the mining drill.  C’mon man!  To quote Cedric, if you guys are just going to run through the same stuff ya unveiled during the extra life stream it’s not really a mystery is it?  As far as the patch notes eh there’s a few good things in there.  Picking up all items in a range would be handy.  As well as limiting the number of items ya drop.  I mostly play on the center official and I would LOVE to see the lightning fixed in the snow biomes and green ob area.  Man that would be a nice QOL.  Every time it storms the lightning keeps up when it quits and then just compounds with every storm after that until it’s a constant lightning flash reflecting off the snow and sky.  I’m glad I don’t have epilepsy because wow that would really mess up some people.  In order to fix it I have to relog, and wash rinse repeat when it starts storming again.  Other than that it’s nice to see that you guys are really taking care of the crashing issues.  It is definitely 100x better than what was during pre-release, that was brutal, so thank you.  The next mystery how about showing something that was NOT in the extra life live stream, please?

• Like 1