Dimetrodon/Anglerfish Advice

CarnageRex

So in my game it has come down to just the Dimetrodon and Anglerfish to finally get the bionic Rex skin. I managed to find a 108 dimetrodon and a 104 angler. I tried to tame them, the dimetrodon with my 158.9 damage electric prod and 121 longneck, and the angler fish with just a simple 100 crossbow. Ended up killing them both, so, anyone got any advice for my second attempt at both?

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, CarnageRex said:

So in my game it has come down to just the Dimetrodon and Anglerfish to finally get the bionic Rex skin. I managed to find a 108 dimetrodon and a 104 angler. I tried to tame them, the dimetrodon with my 158.9 damage electric prod and 121 longneck, and the angler fish with just a simple 100 crossbow. Ended up killing them both, so, anyone got any advice for my second attempt at both?

How are you shooting at them?

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, CarnageRex said:

Yup

Try shooting a little faster.  The Dimes Topor drops very quickly, so you need to stay ahead of the curve a bit.

Using the prod is a good idea, as you get some topor without damage, but you will need to switch to the crossbow quickly.

Tranq darts work better, but if you don't have access to them.

The other thing is, try a lower level dime.  Doesn't matter the level for getting the dossier.

12 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Try shooting a little faster.  The Dimes Topor drops very quickly, so you need to stay ahead of the curve a bit.

Using the prod is a good idea, as you get some topor without damage, but you will need to switch to the crossbow quickly.

Tranq darts work better, but if you don't have access to them.

The other thing is, try a lower level dime.  Doesn't matter the level for getting the dossier.

Wait, so you're saying I should be using crossbow rather than the rifle? Also, I know they don't matter, but having higher levels is nice, you know

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, CarnageRex said:

Wait, so you're saying I should be using crossbow rather than the rifle? Also, I know they don't matter, but having higher levels is nice, you know

Sorry...I completely missed the longneck part of your first post; sometimes, I am a doofus.

Yeah, you will want to stick with the longneck.  Just try a quicker pace.

And, I know what you mean, I have a habit of taming anything I find over level 100, though, when possible, something else that is below that level(and without good stats) gets to go on a final walk with me.  

Archived