Patch V302.4 Animation Staggering

ac273

Patch V302.4 Animation Staggering

Current Version: v302.4 - 11/22/19

• Added animation staggering system by default to reduce CPU overhead -- dinos in the far-distance will update their animations on alternate frames. Players can disable in this in the Options Menu "Advanced Options" Tab: "Animation Staggering" (enables it at all at far distance) and "Low Quality Animations" (makes it more aggressive, lowers the distance at which staggering is used)

This makes the game look like hot garbage.  Even dinos that are  close to you 'pacman', where their motions are reduce to basically two or three frames per second.  I understand what were you attempting, but the distance to dinos that initiate animation staggering is WAY to close right now.  I would also ask that this be disabled by default.  The core wars between Intel and AMD has ensured that anyone with a computer from the last 3 years has at least 8 threads at their disposal.  My Ryzen 7 actually parks two cores (4 threads) while playing ARK due to underutilization.  I am not entirely sure what this was trying to solve, if I am being honest.  

Just trying to provide some feedback on this feature.

Archived