Plant species X outside of crop plots

Rumackay

Plant species X outside of crop plots

We have anytime pickup of structures enabled on our server (PS4 unofficial) and one of the players discovered an anomaly of sorts.

You can pick up a plant species x out of the crop plot and it becomes a peaceable turret  that can be put almost anywhere, no foundation or crop plot required. On the surface I don't have a problem with that as you can put a crop plot just about anywhere anyway and grow a turret in it.

After doing a bit of testing this seems like this may be a bit of an exploit rather than an intended feature so I was just curious to hear if others have seen this before.

Cheers

I originally saw it on an unofficial pve server on rag where someone in the highlands had the plants just sitting on the ground around their structures. I kept wondering if it was some new feature or not.

But currently as well from moving from Oluf Jungle (Viking Bay) to the Highlands, picking up the PSX give me the same situation. While it's nice to not have to worry about placing an irrigation system all over my base, I don't expect this to be intended.

• 5 months later...

Archived