DisableStructurePlacementCollision and the Exploits problem

SeiYa

DisableStructurePlacementCollision and the Exploits problem

Hello all, this is a chunk of the official documentation  

bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=<value> Value = boolean (true/false)
Default = false
If 'true' allows for structures to clip into the terrain.

But the real behavior is that then you can place, overlap, glitch every item in the category of Structure between NOT ONLY the terrain, but themselves. And this create infinite exploits on a server,

Shouldn't this allow the clip option just with the terrain ? and only for the structural items ( foundations, walls, pillars, ceilings, ...etc) 
I just read this awesome post about collision feedback by @Mitfrey ( idk why its archived...) while i was looking for a solution to this.

I think this should be taking in a higher priorit. Most of players just one a fancy base in a mountain corner, with a cool side of the base being the mountain wall and the base fitting perfecly in the Terrain mesh. the ability to create the base structure ( foundations, walls, pillars, ceilings, ...etc)  with collisions with the terrain, but leaving the other item strucures (smithy, storage, fabricator, generator... etc. ) as it is now ( or maybe improve some Hitbox).

But at least to update the command to do just what it says it does.

• 2 weeks later...

if it's a suggestion add it to suggestions because i agree that clipping should be allowed with terrain but not other player structures, it would save alot of wierd snapping issues too if they could disable snap points that are "illegal" in the current situation.  I'm actually working on this in a mod i am working on right now but it would be great if they did it themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived