Jump to content

Hashira

Insided Dino and Vault Wipe

Recommended Posts

Insided Dino and Vault Wipe

As of November 24 2019, I had invited a player last night Nov 23, 2019. Came back the next morning to see that I have been wipe of my dinos. I am trying to contact a gm but there's so much hoop to jump through just to get them. I have screen shot of them in the act while trying to transfer away with all my dinos and materials. 

This happen on server Playstation NA PVE 844 around 11:20am

The culprit I invited to my tribe on PSN -

Spoiler

Triskiii

whose name was quirky-husky before changing it.

The other two seem to be a part of it while they were transferring all my dinos and stuff infront of me at the Red Obelisk. Those two are named

Spoiler

v13eastmode and ajgamer1357V2

THIS HAPPEN ON PVE SERVER 844 ON THE PLAYSTATION SIDE, PLEASE BE AWARE OF THESE THREE PLAYERS SERVER HOPING AND WIPING, Tribe name is MasFace. 

 

I have screenshots of them before they made their escape, wont allow me to update here, but name is written above... Can't get in touch with a GM as quickly as I can... They emptied my Cryofridge of 40+ Dinos.. 

Edited by Hashira
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, you invited the player in, you are responsible for protecting your assets and using proper governance to avoid this from happening. You won't find a GM / Wildcard very helpful as this definitely isnt due to a bug or any fault of theirs. 

Edited by Rio4201
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hashira said:

I was told to try, someone mention that they changed some policy about this since its a common occurrence and they might try to do something about it.

That information is wrong, if anything as it becomes more common it means less chance of stuff being returned to you. Honestly though you don't deserve your stuff back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FreelancerKnux said:

That information is wrong, if anything as it becomes more common it means less chance of stuff being returned to you. Honestly though you don't deserve your stuff back.

I'll honestly be fine if they just managed to give me the dinos I actually would want back. I don't care for the resources as long as I get the main dino back to get them. Other than that man. Setting a Pin on isolated building they still managed to access it and steal some other stuff that was locked away.... Tribe Governance could honestly do somework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Follow up on tribe stuff's

Research how to set up ranks and groups, so that way you can invite people and put specific ranks to access things. You may have noticed other tribes that have the tribe name then ( - ) with a another name signifying a specific grouping they are in.

For example our tribes have admins/leaders as 1 group rank at a high number, Members/friends group rank usually around 5ish, and then guest/fights pretty much rank 0 so they can't access pretty much anything.

 

Edit: after adding ranks, always be careful to never give actual admin privilege, admin privilege bypasses all ranks to pretty much full access.

With ranks enabled you can set actual pins to specific things to have limited access for those under specific ranks as well.

 

I learned how to set up ranks way back then because we have around 60'ish members in 1 pve server base, and 15-30 across other servers and shared server bases for breeding, trading, and boss fights. Ranks can help a lot. All official pve.

Edited by brenon45
Typos I think
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brenon45 said:

Follow up on tribe stuff's

Research how to set up ranks and groups, so that way you can invite people and put specific ranks to access things. You may have noticed other tribes that have the tribe name then ( - ) with a another name signifying a specific grouping they are in.

For example our tribes have admins/leaders as 1 group rank at a high number, Members/friends group rank usually around 5ish, and then guest/fights pretty much rank 0 so they can't access pretty much anything.

 

Edit: after adding ranks, always be careful to never give actual admin privilege, admin privilege bypasses all ranks to pretty much full access.

With ranks enabled you can set actual pins to specific things to have limited access for those under specific ranks as well.

 

I learned how to set up ranks way back then because we have around 60'ish members in 1 pve server base, and 15-30 across other servers and shared server bases for breeding, trading, and boss fights. Ranks can help a lot. All official pve.

This is how a lot of people do it but there is no tribe rank for using C4 or rockets or killing dino's. If someone wants to inside you, they can get inside you. 

Only safe way is to go it solo unfortunately. I have heard stories of people being tribemates for 1.5 years and then one insides the other one day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

This is how a lot of people do it but there is no tribe rank for using C4 or rockets or killing dino's. If someone wants to inside you, they can get inside you. 

Only safe way is to go it solo unfortunately. I have heard stories of people being tribemates for 1.5 years and then one insides the other one day. 

Very true... But like what was said before these are just a few safety nets.

Also if you dont have access to building privilege this will block c4 placement but rockets and grenades are just as bad.

 

Ive seen people even bring dust to power tek rifles to break through tek just to inside.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ark has been out for years and yet people are doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over. Would you trust a random person on the street, invite him in and gave him a copy key to your house, where you have all your belongings and your cute pets?

People's need for guild/tribe/party is an easy tool for insiding. Poor naive souls wake up alone on beach and the first thing they do instead of clubbing dodos is: "can someone invite me to a tribe?". They come here after playing a game of LoL or Fortnite and feel the urge to join (damn fortnite, you ruined dem kids!). Kind veterans or alphas give them some stuff and bred dinos and two days later they get robbed by that friendly guy who said he will play together with them and will help them if he gets an invite to tribe. After that they quit and I have to look at a wooden base with kilometers of wooden spikes all around (beach bob design) for days. On the other hand there are those 2-3 friends that play together in a tribe and decide to invite that friendly funny guy not knowing he will steal everything.

Been playing for like 4 years and still going solo on official PvE. Only thing I couldnt handle alone is Rockwell and King titan, but thats what alliances are for.

Any loss in ark is a heavy blow and hurts like a truck. But in this case you gave him the truck keys to run you over. Learn from it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...