Lost connection to Host or smth like that

ITEM

unknown.pngHost connection timeout

I got an issue recently where i cant connect to my friends server. It says Lost connection to host.... and smth else i forgot what it was. I tried literally EVERYTHING - validated game files, deleted mods and again validated game files, restarted game like 10 times, restarted my pc, did smth with the internet from youtube tutorials and whatnot. Please help if you have a solution.

Basically what hirogun said. Especially since that's the PC version of the game not PS4 so you can rule out a handful of connection bugs exclusive to PS4. My suggestions are just some basic troubleshooting tips really:

1. If you are running a wireless connection swap to a wired connection if possible. This can improve your overall network quality.

2. Check your internet connection speed by either looking at what you're paying for or using one of many websites. You can also use the windows console to ping a server's IP. The lower the number the better. If your ping is high or connection speed is slow you may need to upgrade your internet depending on what you're already paying for.

3. Check the region of the server if possible the closer you are to the server geographically the better your connection should be. If you're in the US, connect to US servers. In the EU connect to the EU servers.

There are other things you can do beyond that which get more into playing with your network and I would not suggest some of them as if you don't know what you are doing you could very well screw up your internet network for your computer, other games or just everything else you have on your network. Or even open yourself up to being hacked.

Archived