What is my next step in game progression?

JustAnotherBeachNoob

What is my next step?

Hi, I was wondering what my next step for game progression should be. I play single player on the Island and I am wanting to beat the overseer (I don’t want to transpire to other maps to get stuff also). I have already done the central cave and the lower south cave. I have direwolves, Baryonyx, basilosaurus, Argentavis, Doeds, Ankylosaurus, and rexes to name my most important tames. I can make all kibbles, but extraordinary. What should my next to steps be? I was thinking of taking my basilosaurus and doing the cavern of lost faith. I am was also thinking of taming a Yuty for my army and for the eggs. What caves should I run next? Where should I build bases? Thanks for the advise.

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

Where should I build bases?

I am playing a similar style to you and have bases by each of the obelisks where I can breed and raise dinos for the boss fights. I also have a farm base at around 50/50 where I craft kibble and store artifacts and tributes. I have a small crafting base on the lifeless island next to carno island for when I tame rexes and to get kitted up for the cave there.

2 hours ago, WarpSpasm said:

I am playing a similar style to you and have bases by each of the obelisks where I can breed and raise dinos for the boss fights. I also have a farm base at around 50/50 where I craft kibble and store artifacts and tributes. I have a small crafting base on the lifeless island next to carno island for when I tame rexes and to get kitted up for the cave there.

Thanks. I have never been to carno island. Any tips?

2 hours ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

Thanks. I have never been to carno island. Any tips?

There is a little island next to carno island where nothing spawns, it's a good place to build a little base. I have 4 small crop plots with narcoberries growing there for a ready supply of narcotics, smooth river rocks provide metal.

There is some shallow water to cross to get onto carno island, this is a good place to build a drop trap or two if you want to tame any of the smaller carnos.

On carno island you will find rexes, carnotaurs, sabertooths, scorpions, raptors and argentavis. In the cave there are bats, dilos, dung beetles and megalania.

Go prepared, set up a base first, and good luck with your expedition.

Well, work backward from your ultimate goal to figure out what you need to do next.

To defeat the Overseer, you must first defeat the Broodmother, Megapithicus and the Dragon. In order to defeat them, you need boss animals, artifacts, and tributes. You'll eventually end up needing to go to all the caves to get the artifacts.

As far as base locations, you'll want one on the coast to store your water tames. And on SP you have to go to each obelisk to summon each boss, so having a central base location would be advantageous. If you want to be a little more efficient, the red obelisk would be a good place to set up a secondary base since you could store your water tames in the pool underneath and then have a good place to gear up for the Dragon.

Personally I would focus on your infrastructure first. If you don't already have a main base and industrial crafting stations, focus on that first. Then go after any tames you need. You'll need to do lots of breeding and raising, so you'll need space and resources for that.

16 hours ago, Cymas said:

Well, work backward from your ultimate goal to figure out what you need to do next.

To defeat the Overseer, you must first defeat the Broodmother, Megapithicus and the Dragon. In order to defeat them, you need boss animals, artifacts, and tributes. You'll eventually end up needing to go to all the caves to get the artifacts.

As far as base locations, you'll want one on the coast to store your water tames. And on SP you have to go to each obelisk to summon each boss, so having a central base location would be advantageous. If you want to be a little more efficient, the red obelisk would be a good place to set up a secondary base since you could store your water tames in the pool underneath and then have a good place to gear up for the Dragon.

Personally I would focus on your infrastructure first. If you don't already have a main base and industrial crafting stations, focus on that first. Then go after any tames you need. You'll need to do lots of breeding and raising, so you'll need space and resources for that.

I think I’m doing well on infrastructure (besides to lack of obelisk bases). My main base in the south, and I have a generator and fabricator running full time. I have been doing some breeding and I have my rexes to the point that all I need is imprints and levels for the boss battles. 

C2C0AAC3-06BF-4CDD-8929-4AEC11B3AE14.jpeg

Archived