Transfer server to learn engrams

JaysonQ

You at most will have to wait the 15minute for the server to do a save, technically you dont have to wait that timer but if you dont you could leave behind ur items. Also on extinction you will need to find a terminal to transfer. There are many in the city but you may want to look up a map of them so ur not lost, also bring a cryopoded flyer to get to a terminal safely then cryo ur bird and wait for the timer and transfer back.

9 hours ago, Piffguru said:

You at most will have to wait the 15minute for the server to do a save, technically you dont have to wait that timer but if you dont you could leave behind ur items. Also on extinction you will need to find a terminal to transfer. There are many in the city but you may want to look up a map of them so ur not lost, also bring a cryopoded flyer to get to a terminal safely then cryo ur bird and wait for the timer and transfer back.

I see, so I am going to transfer naked survivor there to avoid losing items. For dino transfer, it appears that I need to unequip saddle on dino then put in transfer items window,  am I right?

And do I need to stay at Extinction 12 hours for dino transfer cooldown? Or can I back to my server then back to Extinction after 12 hours to retrieve my dino?

1 hour ago, JaysonQ said:

I see, so I am going to transfer naked survivor there to avoid losing items. For dino transfer, it appears that I need to unequip saddle on dino then put in transfer items window,  am I right?

And do I need to stay at Extinction 12 hours for dino transfer cooldown? Or can I back to my server then back to Extinction after 12 hours to retrieve my dino?

Dino goes in creature upload, saddle goes in ark data upload. 

You can return after 12 hours. 

You can also cryo your dino and then there is only the normal save timer.

If naked and no dino you can just transfer in (spawn sanctuary center) learn engrams, then just run down the north wall until you see a terminal. If you come to a tunnel that leads to green, turn around. The terminal is on a platform with ramps leading up to it.

Yeah if you are going to take a dino, just put it in a cryopod and keep it in your invenetory. Just make sure before you transfer that no item in your inventory or hotbar has a timer counting down on it. If there is, just wait for the timer to disappear and youre good to go. This way also allows you to skip the 12 hour dino transfer restriction.

12 hours ago, JaysonQ said:

I wouldnt recommend transfering without a flyer personally. I have done what you are doing many times and some servers people have blocked off terminals. and blocked off whole walking paths to parts of the city. One time I had to walk naked around the outside of the city in the wasteland to get back to where I crashed and its just much much easier to just fly to a terminal. Also with this strategy you would need a cryopoded flyer cause you would need to find the terminal to get ur flyer out if u just upload it. Also who wants to wait 12 hours to transfer back.

Archived