Why the change to Dedicated Storages?

EatMyDust

Why the change to Dedicated Storages?

Out of curiosity, Wildcard, why did you change Dedicated Storages to throw stuff everywhere instead of keeping the bubble method? I like the new F option to pick stuff up around you as an alternative to a whip, but I'm not a fan of the new Dedicated Storage update.

I'm interested to know why the change happened though. Duping issue? Fun detected? Added feature for upcoming Genesis release? Never intended to be the way it was? I'm assuming fun detected but would be nice to hear a response about the reasoning for this change.

Is this what you are talking about?

- Changed droppeditem physics back to client-side prediction for player-dropped items, and physx-sleeping logic on droppeditems to improve server performance.
- Improved droppeditem placement when dropping items from structures, to reduce the possibility of them getting stuck

5 hours ago, Baklap said:

What are you even trying to say? Throw stuff everywhere.. bubble method?? What?

Easy way to body transfer the dust, ingots.

1. put a Tek Dedicated Storage next to the transmitter

2. access the tek storage and press O 3. 300 sets of dust will be on top of the tek storage (not all over the place)

4. whip it then transfer

20190320093438_1.jpg

now it has been fix. so sad no more solo transfer items. they always make life hard to do.

On 11/24/2019 at 11:17 AM, Abecy said:

2. access the tek storage and press O 3. 300 sets of dust will be on top of the tek storage (not all over the place)

4. whip it then transfer

20190320093438_1.jpg

now it has been fix. so sad no more solo transfer items. they always make life hard to do.

Mine never look like that when I tossed and could never whip the items off after I toss all they stayed on the top of the dedi .

On 11/24/2019 at 4:17 PM, Abecy said:

4. whip it then transfer

20190320093438_1.jpg

How do you drop everyone in one go?

If I press 'O' then '3' it just tries to use my item #3 in the hotbar.

Is there a way to drop 300 stacks in one go?

Archived