Wyvern

TheShaggyGoku

Wyvern

Hello, the names Shaggy, or Goku. Now I'm only about a week or so of experience in the world of Ark but I've noticed one thing, Wyverns are the real deal. I play on The island in pve and I've seen wyverns yet I know they aren't on my server. Now I have a small tribe of four and we were talking about getting them, so how would be the best way to get one for each of us, I don't want to buy one with real money. I just want tips for in game trading or tips on taming them myself in which takes up to what is it 4 days a wyvern?  Any help would be appreciated .

There are tons of trading discords that don't allow real money trading or you can use the trading section in the Forum.

For methods: I use my lightning wyver, steal a single egg, gather all the wyverns in the air that will aggro after you steal the egg and kill them while flying in circles and shooting lighting at them while circling.

for methods without a wyvern, I would use a mana if you have one if not, you can use a griffin or a ptera. Just be aware that everything will aggro as soon as you steal an egg. 

Most maps have wyvern traps where you can just lure them to and kill them there or loot the eggs and run away. Another method is to have a friend sitting on a giga and luring the wyverns to your friend, after everything is dead you can just steal all the eggs. 

Otherwise you look around if you see a wyvern near a nest, if not fly to it, steal the egg and run away with it. You can check the levels of the eggs while on your dino, so don't just pick anything up because every wyvern around you will aggro after.

The easiest methods IMO are doing it with a wyvern  or a griffin.

Ptera is an OK method because of the low weight, low stam and low flyspeed of the ptera but still works.

Mana is IMO a bad method because of the lava rivers but can be way better than the ptera method if the server is lag free and you don't have to fear any lava rivers (Ragna cave, Valg/Ragna ice nests.

Just be aware that you have to kill the parent wyvern after stealing an egg for a new egg to respawn if you want to continue farming.

A few ways that you can solo your own Wyverns.

The best and easiest method I have found (Rag specific) is to tame a Ptera, throw on some fur, steal an Ice Wyvern egg from snow, raise the Ice Wyv, now you have a strong imprinted mount to raid the scar with.

You can also just tame a Ptera and level weight and stam and fly into the scar but it's grab an egg and run as opposed to fight with the Ice Wyvern so it may take you quite a few trips to get a good one. 

You could also tame a Griffin and level hp and stam. That will let you escape a little better or if you have a shotgun you might be able to defend against the Wyv's. 

Multitude of ways to get a Wyv.

The way I commit my egg thefts is on Scorched Earth. Take an expendable ptera over from the Island and head to the scar, fly the length of the scar looking for the easiest to grab/ least well guarded egg. After selecting a target look at the surrounding area for other flyers, argents and moths. Grab the egg and fly towards the wild fliers, and once past them head to the next ones. Wyverns love wild fliers especially argents and if you are lucky the wyverns will deaggro from you in favour of wild prey.

Pteras are the way to go early on. The turn around on breeding them is decent, and the saddles are cheap.  Doesn't matter if you die, so long as you get that egg right?

As for milk, trapping and killing an alpha is also a great option if you can wing it.  They can damage stone structures, but probably not break it before you get one killed if it's you and your buddies.  Good luck!

Archived